Batley v Featherstone MOM

RogerT

As we head into the Easter Break Batley play host to Featherstone, so as usual could you please vote as usual for your Man of the Match, 1.2.3, this open to anybody who see's the match home and away supporters or neutral fans. 

Edited by RogerT
  • Like 2

So difficult; our back-line was outstanding I thought, both wingers put in some cracking tackles ( Briscoe had 1 chance, Gale I didn't even notice) and ran hard. All 3 halves prompted well, Browny and Lucas put in some great work up front, Flynny did what Flynny does for a bloke the size of twopenorth of copper. All backed up with the rest of the 17 doing their bit. 

1 McGowan

2Brown

Kear

Hodson

Riely

McGowen

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Meadows

McGowan

Manning

One extra Lingard for having words with the ref on the clock 13 secs to go I know it's only a guide and did anybody hear the final hooter?.

6 hours ago, RogerT said:

Meadows

McGowan

Manning

One extra Lingard for having words with the ref on the clock 13 secs to go I know it's only a guide and did anybody hear the final hooter?.

On the FRTV replay you can clearly hear the hooter go just after the last kick which went out of play. There was a definite issue with your clock as the timekeeeper told George Riley (commentator) that there were only four and a half minutes to go when the clock said five and a half. We often have the same issue at Post Office Road, the clock in the stadium is not an official guide to how long is left.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

On the FRTV replay you can clearly hear the hooter go just after the last kick which went out of play. There was a definite issue with your clock as the timekeeeper told George Riley (commentator) that there were only four and a half minutes to go when the clock said five and a half. We often have the same issue at Post Office Road, the clock in the stadium is not an official guide to how long is left.

The issue with the clock was addressed over the PA system. It was clearly stated that the time was purely a guide. I think the issue with the timekeeping was purely down to not hearing the hooter - perhaps a bigger hooter needed!

Admins, feel free to delete this by the way as it is not linked to the thread title!

Edited by distantdog

• 1 month later...

voting closed

1) Aidan McGowan 17 pts

2) Ben White 11 pts

3) Lucas Walshaw 9 pts

3) James Brown 9 pts

5) Josh Hodson 6 pts

6) Dane manning 3 pts

6) James Meadows 3 pts

6) Adam Gledhill 3 pts

9) martin reilly 2 pts