NRL Match Thread - Round 10

Its Magic weekend and we all get to see all games this round.😀

Note for tipsters - The Brisbane weather is forecast to be good so a high scoring round is in prospect.

The Coin Toss games

• Canterbury v Canberra
  • Sharkies v Dolphins
  • Storm v Wabbits

You can make a case either way in all of these games so for example, it would not be a wowzer moment if say the Dolphins beat Sharkies.

Both Broncos and Dolphins despite being the official "away" teams have home advantage. Titans would if they had any fans..

Expect New Zealand Warriors to have a heap of vocal support from the expat Kiwis in Brizzie.

It's not a case of make or break for Anthony Griffin, that's a media beat up, Hook will be hooked. The defeat last week against the Bulldogs when the Doggies left plenty of points on the field, has sealerd his fate and If I had some of your money to place a bet it would be Shane Flanagan as coach sooner rather than later..

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

A lightning start from the Raiders, with Rapana scoring in less than a minute. The Bulldogs have rallied with a try of their own now.

6 all

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The scorers are being kept busy - Bulldogs 18:22 Raiders with 5 minutes to HT.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kiraz's break and offload - chef's kiss!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Controversy! Raiders have a perfectly good try chalked off, followed by conceding a penalty try for tackling Perham without the ball.

Bulldogs 30:34 Raiders with a couple of minutes left.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hudson Young's effort being bunkered... no try!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rapana defuses the Burton bomb and it finishes Bulldogs 30:34 Raiders. Exciting game.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

36 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Manly  0, Brisbane 20 with 4- 30 to half time. It's the Selwyn Cobbo show.

Crowd bored as they've been doing a Wave.

Hard to match the all-action entertainment of the previous match, especially when Manly are in a bit of a rut.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Full Time, and it is Manly 6:32 Brisbane after a fairly forgettable second half.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Doggies did three things wrong

• Never let a rugby ball bounce
  • Canberra forwards making big yards up the middle
  • Stupid penalties conceded giving up field position

They have the back line to put points on the board fast but if you cannot defend you end up making Ricky's Raiders look good and that's criminal.

Another tip gone for a Burton.☹️

Second game pretty humdrum. with a lot of teams these days it would appear they put in the effort to either get an upset or close to one and then fail to back up the following week see Manly v Melbourne and Newcastle v the Penny Panthers. Good teams back up the following week.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

10 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Check out NRL attendences…I think you will find Titans have plenty of fans.

Not when I have been at Robina. If your an away fan or a local expat In a Rugby League sense. The Gold Coast is a great place to go for a weekend with a footy game to boot and away team merchandise sells like hotcakes come matchday. Away fans boost their attendances. I stand by what I have posted.

George Orwell

Brisbane looking good  with most bases covered . We’ll see if they can see it to the line this year . Manly like Manly , sometimes good sometimes bad . They always look to me like theyre lacking compared to the best sides

Edited by DavidM