NRL Match Thread - Round 10

Game 900 for Motormouth Bennett.

Game 1 for the promising cross-code acquisition Valynce Te Whare: https://www.sportingnews.com/au/rugby-league/news/nrl-valynce-te-whare-dolphins-debut-rugby-union-magic-round-2023/mrsfiwsx0xuag6tc56aespap 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

What a try to score on debut! 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, R L Winger said:

The Dolphins are feasting well on Shark tonight

Yum yum.

poster,504x498,f8f8f8-pad,600x600,f8f8f8

• Haha 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

From pretty much a standing start - can your club's groundsman do this?

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Sharks rallied a bit and scored a couple late on to make it 10:30 at HT.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Te Whare scores again!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

The Warriors brave defence is finally broken by a rampaging Spencer Leniu run to clinch the game 

Not just rampaging, but so quick off the mark, and great timing. Superb.

The Dolphins are tiring now, and Cronulla can see it.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sharks 16:36 Dolphins is the result. A great win for Bennett's 900th.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The first match today I never thought that the Penny Panthers were in any danger of losing.

As for the second game, How bout those.. Dolphins.

• Power
  • Pace
  • Speed
  • Commitment

What's not to like, I try not to be contraversial on this forum, but Dolphins will end the season as the top Queensland side.

As for Sharkies, a reality check, the side were overpowered and Fitz has to work out how to deal with the physicality of a side like the Dolphins.

If you read my posts you will know what I think about Souffs bit early though for Cooper Cronk to be crowning them Premiers in May though and Latrell' s second half brain fart with a swing at a prone Harry Grant might get him a rest next week

But the story of the season so far, apart from the X-Factor Dolphins, is how the three dominant clubs of the last decade, Melbourne Storm, Penrith Panthers and Sydney Roosters have fallen back into the pack which makes it a wide-open premiership.

Set your alarm clocks for 4.30am for THE BIG ONE - Tigers v Dragons tomorrow

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Warriors v Penrith was a good tough game , Dolphins blasted Sharks out the water in no time and Souths ran over Melbourne in the second half . The refs boss really needs to have a think about how how he wants the NRL officiated . I understand player welfare , wanting a cleaner game , a good ten and a quick game , but the tolerance of anything in terms of restarts pens reports and binnings is getting ridiculous . A corollary is also players staying down more and more to get incidents scrutinised by the officials or the bunker to find something . That looks bad . It was also quite amusing to see Latrell lift his leg then push three guys in the head who came anywhere near him then be allowed to play the ball

Edited by DavidM

Dumb challenge by Ravalawa. He must have felt that ball hit his hand.?!?!?!

From the resulting scrum Nofoaluma try in corner.

Wakeham goal from sideline

Wests 14 - 4

Now Wakeham 40/20

A shot of Griffin in the coach's box. You could almost see the last glimmer of life draining from his coaching career.