York at Fox's Biscuit Stadium

Batley Bob

1 hour ago, The scrim reaper said:

Sounds like from listening on the radio(Italy) that we weren't at our best today and york made it hard for us, not much great attack from either side looks like our boys just managed to come out on top on the defensive effort! Not very good listening but a wins a win they say however you get it! Well done boys👍

Spot on.

Not the best we have played,  but an ugly win is still a win. What a great day for throwing the ball about, don't think the players got the memo on that one. York played some good attacking rugby, and I'm sorry to say this I think the best team on the day lost. I can't remember us even breaking their line.

• Like 1

Great use of the grassy area behind the ground for the stalls, inflatables, games, bbq etc. Speaking to the guy manning crazy golf he had been there since 11am. Most of these activities were supervised by Asians and with the Asian team playing I was saddened to see very few Asian people around the ground (obviously excluding those stated). I really don't know what else can be done to draw the local community in to our lovely stadium. Hopefully the club did make some money from a bumper crowd who all had free admission. There were queues galore and our usual staff and volunteers worked so hard and in this heat. Lads got us the 2 points so was a win win. Wish I could have stayed to listen more to the fantastic Gods of Fortune but work in the morning. Some people did let the sun and/beer get to them and let themselves down. On to Newcastle next, it was a great win in round 2 last year up there.

• Like 1

Seemed like a healthy crowd and was a great atmosphere before, during and after the game.  

Think Batley showed a lot of patience and resilience and had to withstand a lot of pressure in the second half.  They just had slightly more cutting edge than York who couldn't make it count when they had a lot of possession and field position in the second half.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

York fan here. Really enjoyed this afternoon, (apart from the result obviously), two evenly matched teams with the result in doubt until the end. It was great to see a big crowd at the Mount. Well done Batley for making today what it was.

Thanks for the comments, really appreciated.  Also Big thanks From BISSA for your support and returning lots of empty beer tumblers for BISSA to put the £s return into our funds. Plus other donations through having free entry. True Rugby fans .Thankyou. 

BISSA. 

Edited by BISSA...
  • Like 1

"Keep The Faith Tee Shirts now available from BISSA"

Spread & Save please hand your jars or any other container in on match days

Sponsored by Londis, Bradford Road Liversedge

Visit the BISSA Online Shop to purchase DVDs, books and event tickets

here

BISSA website

http://www.bissa.co.uk/

image1 (1).JPG

5 hours ago, BISSA... said:

Thanks for the comments, really appreciated.  Also Big thanks From BISSA for your support and returning lots of empty beer tumblers for BISSA to put the £s return into our funds. Plus other donations through having free entry. True Rugby fans .Thankyou. 

BISSA. 

They may live to regret that 😉

Brought 41 of us over from York{Punch Bowl RLFC old boys} on sunday. I can honestly say it was one of the best days out weve ever had and I applaud everyone who was involved. Well done Batley. Real people. 

• Like 10