The 2024 Kit Thread

56 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I think it's more about what the club wants? Sometimes it's easy to blame the supplier, when it might just be that there are muppets in whatever other club you mean who genuinely like some of the awful kits!!

Yeah the clubs have a big input, but it seems Oxen/EPS have a different relationship with different clubs. At Leeds for example they have all the responsibility for merchandising. Whilst I assume the club have to ultimately sign off on the designs still, its EPS that decide the merchandise and kit directions.

I listened to an interesting podcast/youtube video from The Square Ball about the 3 current bespoke design LUFC kits. The background and info about the lead up was fascinating, if you're into that sort of thing. I'm not sure if EPS/Oxen work in a similar way.

Edited by Tommygilf

18 hours ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

It's all the more frustrating because it stops them from wearing their perfect colour combination. The shirt should have a white bunny and detailing and the shorts should be black. 

I'm sure they'll mix and match for ultimate effect!

They'll probably go with a black bunny and white shorts at some point to just to make sure there's as little a clash as possible...

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

48 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Nice from Cas, Although id have swapped the colours round do it was predominantly Amber not black.

Interesting Cas sre saying Home shirt not Principal

I get what you mean with the colours, though from a fan perspective, the majority black shirt is nicer and more flattering imo.

Oxen/EPS don't run Cas' merchandise like they do Leeds do they? More of a simple supplier relationship (though a bit more in depth than that hence the short lived club Castleford brand).

Just now, Tommygilf said:

I get what you mean with the colours, though from a fan perspective, the majority black shirt is nicer and more flattering imo.

Oxen/EPS don't run Cas' merchandise like they do Leeds do they? More of a simple supplier relationship (though a bit more in depth than that hence the short lived club Castleford brand).

I think they might run it as the merch is from eliteprosports website?

werent cas the first club to use them when they were Xblades?

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

I think they might run it as the merch is from eliteprosports website?

werent cas the first club to use them when they were Xblades?

Yeah I think so, like Gloucester RU (the Wakey of the South). But perhaps that is just a cost saving.

I don't remember Cas doing the extended deal with Oxen/EPS as the rhinos have though. 

17 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Yeah I think so, like Gloucester RU (the Wakey of the South). But perhaps that is just a cost saving.

I don't remember Cas doing the extended deal with Oxen/EPS as the rhinos have though. 

I totally get why Leeds use EPS, having hear Rob Oates speak about it it makes businesses sense, I just wish the product was better

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I totally get why Leeds use EPS, having hear Rob Oates speak about it it makes businesses sense, I just wish the product was better

Yeah I'd be totally on board if it was Adidas or Nike, but this epitomises where the sport is for me. The RFL seem to be in the same boat too.

On 28/10/2023 at 10:48, Chrispmartha said:

Nice from Cas, Although id have swapped the colours round do it was predominantly Amber not black.

Flags are very much flavour of the month, aren’t they. 

Hull KR, Castleford, Salford…

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

From what I've seen wakey have been having a clearance sale on all ellgren merch, not sure whether that indicates a new move. 

Hard to tell I think most clubs have an end of season sale. It's just your club's supplier does a clearance sale at quarter-season, mid-season, St. Swithin's Day, National Fish & Chip Week, Rogation Sunday & Orthodox Christmas so you've probably not noticed. 

I don't know of any current UK RL supplier doing this kind of raised heat applied badge you can see in the picture so it might be a bit of a left field move.

• Haha 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

18 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Hard to tell I think most clubs have an end of season sale. It's just your club's supplier does a clearance sale at quarter-season, mid-season, St. Swithin's Day, National Fish & Chip Week, Rogation Sunday & Orthodox Christmas so you've probably not noticed. 

I don't know of any current UK RL supplier doing this kind of raised heat applied badge you can see in the picture so it might be a bit of a left field move.

Im surprised we haven't had the new kit on sale yet!

Raised badges was a mid nineties thing, and Ellgren were the main kit supplier then, I know its a totally different company now but maybe they are going back to their kit design routes

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Im surprised we haven't had the new kit on sale yet!

Raised badges was a mid nineties thing, and Ellgren were the main kit supplier then, I know its a totally different company now but maybe they are going back to their kit design routes

Well that's fairly definitive that it's still Ellgren. 

• Like 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

On 28/10/2023 at 10:48, Chrispmartha said:

Amber is back... as the secondary colour.

Despite bringing the colour back, still doesn't look like a Cas home shirt. Feels like the wrong way around.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg