Featherstone away

Keep The Faith

7 hours ago, The scrim reaper said:

Like you said if you get to SL the team would not resemble the team you have now! Problem is I don't see this team getting you there! 

Fair enough got to agree  but we have a raft of injuries to players who are better then some of these, anyway we will find out come October.

Edited by Fevrover
  • Like 2

I though we showed them too much respect in the first 20 minutes, but in the end, best team won. Bit like Toulouse when we were well in the game at HT, then overpowered through the middle yesterday, and by pace in Toulouse. Their pack looked stronger, but how much did last week take out of ours? and we were missing Browny. If Leaky had been on when we had those repeat 4 sets before HT, we’d have scored…

And agreed, I though officials were awful, so inconsistent.

We are where we are, top 2 should stay there, we just need to get in those play offs, in form and without injuries. Then anything can happen ✊

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LuckyDog said:

I though we showed them too much respect in the first 20 minutes, but in the end, best team won. Bit like Toulouse when we were well in the game at HT, then overpowered through the middle yesterday, and by pace in Toulouse. Their pack looked stronger, but how much did last week take out of ours? and we were missing Browny. If Leaky had been on when we had those repeat 4 sets before HT, we’d have scored…

And agreed, I though officials were awful, so inconsistent.

We are where we are, top 2 should stay there, we just need to get in those play offs, in form and without injuries. Then anything can happen ✊

Agree with this. Half time we were right in it. We did lack a cutting edge though and didn't pose too many problems for their defence. Could have been different at 12-4 soon after half time if Hodson had gone to Morton rather than inside when it looked like we should have scored. Also, killer decision by Thaler to award penalty at the play the ball when we were in possession. Annoying, but made worse by being penalised for same thing later.  That was just poor discipline.

54 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Agree with this. Half time we were right in it. We did lack a cutting edge though and didn't pose too many problems for their defence. Could have been different at 12-4 soon after half time if Hodson had gone to Morton rather than inside when it looked like we should have scored. Also, killer decision by Thaler to award penalty at the play the ball when we were in possession. Annoying, but made worse by being penalised for same thing later.  That was just poor discipline.

That's a fair reflection. We weren't at our best....and in all honesty, we've rarely shown our best this season.

An interesting season. I called "that" penalty before thaler blew... just poor discipline but the correct decision

Incidentally, batley were awarded more penalties than fev which is a kind of rebuttal to the "thaler gave fev everything" from others.

Always good to have Batley over to fev. Good luck next week.

• Like 1

Unfortunately unforced errors, some poor execution and decision making along with penalties whilst in possession were our undoing. That said, a tough game to have after a semi final  the lads did not throw the towel in. Next week a must win for me.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

That's a fair reflection. We weren't at our best....and in all honesty, we've rarely shown our best this season.

An interesting season. I called "that" penalty before thaler blew... just poor discipline but the correct decision

Incidentally, batley were awarded more penalties than fev which is a kind of rebuttal to the "thaler gave fev everything" from others.

Always good to have Batley over to fev. Good luck next week.

Yes. I think neither played at their best and the best team won. That being said, if we ended up visiting your place during the play-offs, l still reckon we would be in with a chance. 

Interesting that Fev seemed to be much more of a team than last year's version.

21 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Yes. I think neither played at their best and the best team won. That being said, if we ended up visiting your place during the play-offs, l still reckon we would be in with a chance. 

Interesting that Fev seemed to be much more of a team than last year's version.

Bizarre how we all view things slightly differently.

However, I absolutely agree, batley will and have been tough opposition in any play off. I would never ever write them off.

On 29/07/2023 at 21:47, The scrim reaper said:

Mr Thaler wasn't at his best either thought he gave fev everything today, 

Interesting take on the game S watched it back on Rovers TV and  Batley got more penalties and resets than FEV  so all I can say is God hep us when we get a ref who doesn't give us everything :kolobok_grin::kolobok_grin::kolobok_grin:

3 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

I thought we missed brown and woods 

some soft efforts in defence not gonna criticise but we can’t let our season die just because we’ve reached Wembley now 

It's not quite panic stations yet, the last two league games were away to 1st and 2nd in the league.

• Like 3

On 31/07/2023 at 10:15, POR said:

Interesting take on the game S watched it back on Rovers TV and  Batley got more penalties and resets than FEV  so all I can say is God hep us when we get a ref who doesn't give us everything :kolobok_grin::kolobok_grin::kolobok_grin:

7-7 according to League Express.

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

7-7 according to League Express.

I wonder if it was the same reporter that awarded Alex Rowe a performance score of 7, a few seasons ago against Toronto away?

This would have been fine, if Rowe was in Canada and wasn't in the UK when the game was played 🤣.

• Haha 2

On 01/08/2023 at 22:47, phildog said:

Did you have to pay Fev TV to see highlights. We haven't had any from Toulouse now none from Fev....

If you wanted to watch the highlights or the full game without having to buy an annual subscription to RoversTV I think they're both available at https://watch.recast.tv/category/1 then scroll across to Rugby.

Their charging method is a bit odd but I think it's something like £1.50 or £2 for highlights and £5 for the whole game.