Sun 6th Aug: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Leigh Leopards KO 15:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/08/23 at 14:30

45 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You seem to be wanting to hide some of the more important player's, obviously by your selection you do not consider Ben Reynolds falls into that category, I would not like to be contesting the final without one of the best goalkickers in the league in my team, our second choice kicker Zac who you choose to rest is just to inconsistent.

Can only rest so many with no reserves to bring in. But Reynolds' current form is nowhere near the level it was earlier in the season. Too many wayward passes, and more worryingly, his positional play defensively is way off. We concede a number of breaks due to him coming out of the line or just simply leaving too much of a gap between himself and the player next to him. It's starting to negate his goalkicking imo.

1 hour ago, phiggins said:

Can only rest so many with no reserves to bring in. But Reynolds' current form is nowhere near the level it was earlier in the season. Too many wayward passes, and more worryingly, his positional play defensively is way off. We concede a number of breaks due to him coming out of the line or just simply leaving too much of a gap between himself and the player next to him. It's starting to negate his goalkicking imo.

We differ in opinion on most if those points you raise Higgy, such is sport.

18 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Mr Lam hinting at playing a strong team he says:-

"The way we are looking at it is to go full out to maintain the momentum we have had, We rested a few at York and it nearly bit us on the bum. So we get back to who we are"

Make of that what you will.

I’d say that’s the way to go but obviously rest players with knocks. Then rest everyone the week after the cup final. 

Edited by bobbruce
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

"The way we are looking at it is to go full out to maintain the momentum we have had, We rested a few at York and it nearly bit us on the bum. So we get back to who we are"

Quite right, too. Why should they throw away a top-four place when wobbling Leeds are there for the taking ?

No Myler, Fusitua and now Austin gone, Leigh ought to go for it and worry about Hull KR next week having beaten them twice already this season.

Have to wonder what on earth's going on at Leeds, though. The exodus continues, to be hoped they have irons in the fire for '24.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

Slagging the CEO of the club off in Public?

What would you expect your employers to do?

I don't work to a fixed term contract and have been left in the dark about whether I am wanted beyond this season.

In terms of slagging him off, what is it particularly that has made it untenable? As far as I can tell he's just been very honest that he wasn't offered a contract, and if Leeds want to keep him then they need to get their backside in gear?

That being a view shared by many supporters too, given as it stands we have 1 senior half in the squad...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

It would be consistent with how Lam has approached games in the past.

He didn't rest players in the cup last year, or in league games towards the end of the year when the league position was secure. Think he said something like resting players affecting the rhythm of the team overall. Similarly, Ipape was the only player left out the week before the semi final, and that was due to illness.

Suspect there'll be some with niggles that would play on any other week. But don't think any fully fit players will be rested.

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Slagging the CEO of the club off in Public?

What would you expect your employers to do?

When you look back at the long history of the club . Any player no matter if they are top players wether theyve in word or deed have have crossed the club have been shipped out immediately.  Jeff Moores in the 30s Jeff Stevenson in the 50s to name just two .there have been others too .

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

I don't work to a fixed term contract and have been left in the dark about whether I am wanted beyond this season.

In terms of slagging him off, what is it particularly that has made it untenable? As far as I can tell he's just been very honest that he wasn't offered a contract, and if Leeds want to keep him then they need to get their backside in gear?

That being a view shared by many supporters too, given as it stands we have 1 senior half in the squad...

Its not just Austin trying to do his negotiations in public, he was recently on a podcast slagging GH off.

Most Leeds fans Ive seen have been saying they were right to get rid of him. Anyway Austin apparently asked to leave, I suspect it was after GH gave him a rollocking over slagging the club of in public so Austin has thrown his toys out.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

maybe... but for me if he had just been honest in saying he hasn't been offered a contract yet, would like to stay (which he said) and was in discussion,,,, then that would be fine,. In the various interviews on telly he went beyond that simple sentence and seemed to me invite more discussion with the media as part of his public negotiation approach.

Then the recent video podcast he went beyond that in being highly critical of GH approach... all be it later he says he understands the need to make a buck as stadium income is fundamental to SL unlike NRL which has huge media monies.  He nevertheless chose to highlight a discussion about GH and Martin regarding contract and being available for a NZ warm up game before the WC and Martin asking to be excused... Why bring that up and it was a bit out of the blue in context of the podcast discussion, which incidentally otherwise I found quite interesting listening to Austin.

Not good for the coach immediately but ultimately probably best for the club he has gone, rather than having him here for another two years, which was probably the sticking point in the contract discussion...

Edited by redjonn