Sun 6th Aug: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Leigh Leopards KO 15:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/08/23 at 14:30

7 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Eh? Why should they do that.

Theres absolutely nothing stopping away fans buying tickets for any of the stands.

But those who adore whining wouldn't be able to whine if they bought tickets in the other stands.

Leigh also have an allocation of tickets for the North Stand so they can't even whine about not being able to buy directly for one of the other areas. But they will nonetheless.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Eh? Why should they do that.

Theres absolutely nothing stopping away fans buying tickets for any of the stands.

This is said quite frequently. But if 2k Leigh fans turned up in another stand I doubt they’d be welcomed with open arms

Leeds need to look after Leeds, but to say “nothing” can be done is a bit wrong. It’s a shame really as for visitors it makes Headingley no better than Cas or Wakey in reality 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Spidey said:

This is said quite frequently. But if 2k Leigh fans turned up in another stand I doubt they’d be welcomed with open arms

Leeds need to look after Leeds, but to say “nothing” can be done is a bit wrong. It’s a shame really as for visitors it makes Headingley no better than Cas or Wakey in reality 

No it’s fact that nothing can be done to put a roof on it.

there are seats allocated in the North Stand for away fans, so they are doing something.

The suggestion of making the East stand for away supporters is just daft and no club would limit where ST can be purchased for, some Leeds fans have season tickets in the west stand for instance.

I suppose Leeds could have just moved from Headingley into a flat pack stadium out of town next to a Supermarket and charge £30 a ticket.

It’s utterly tiresome having to go over this all the time, if you are that bothered don’t go and watch it on TV.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

No it’s fact that nothing can be done to put a roof on it.

there are seats allocated in the North Stand for away fans, so they are doing something.

The suggestion of making the East stand for away supporters is just daft and no club would limit where ST can be purchased for, some Leeds fans have season tickets in the west stand for instance.

I suppose Leeds could have just moved from Headingley into a flat pack stadium out of town next to a Supermarket and charge £30 a ticket.

It’s utterly tiresome having to go over this all the time, if you are that bothered don’t go and watch it on TV.

Yeah it may be a daft suggestion about the East - but it’s still there as an option

Im just calling it as I see it, Headingley is no better for away fans than some other grounds that get slated often - that’s just the reality of the situation  - Hopefully IMG don’t mark you down 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Yeah it may be a daft suggestion about the East - but it’s still there as an option

Im just calling it as I see it, Headingley is no better for away fans than some other grounds that get slated often - that’s just the reality of the situation  - Hopefully IMG don’t mark you down 🤣🤣

Well the fact you can buy tickets in the other stands means they offer a solution.

up to you if you take up that solution.

The experience for away fans at Headingley has always been a poor one. 

Nothing more to be said really as they are a very well supported club which is to be expected in one of the biggest Cities in the UK. 

I’ll watch on TV in the comfort of my Golf Club as Leeds are well supported by Sky 👍

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Tickets are available to buy for the 3 other stands.

C'mon Chris. Leeds allocate that end to visiting fans, and like you lot when you travel away you want to congregate together, to support the team together, to make as much noise as possible together, as Spidey says be an hospitable host and put visitors under cover, all the SL stadiums West of the Pennines can accommodate this.

33 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

C'mon Chris. Leeds allocate that end to visiting fans, and like you lot when you travel away you want to congregate together, to support the team together, to make as much noise as possible together, as Spidey says be an hospitable host and put visitors under cover, all the SL stadiums West of the Pennines can accommodate this.

Leeds are happy for you to sit in the North Stand with other Leigh fans.

Or not come at all, that's also fine.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

But a ticket in the allocated seats on the North Stand then, or enjoy the best hospitality in the league if that’s your thing 😉

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, M j M said:

What a ridiculous attitude.

If your proposal is that it's fine if RL fans stay away from attending live games, then congratulations because your idea seems to be working. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, The Masked Poster said:

If your proposal is that it's fine if RL fans stay away from attending live games, then congratulations because your idea seems to be working. 

Hey MP these are Leeds fan's who for some deluded reason believe that they are above others and can say what they please, I have witnessed this attitude first hand being that I once went on missionary work and worked in that "

7 hours ago, M j M said:

7 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

But a ticket in the allocated seats on the North Stand then, or enjoy the best hospitality in the league if that’s your thing 😉

Which is another way of saying, we know that what we offer visiting supporters is lacking if you want to be congregate together, but you can always spread yourselves about.

Anyway I will give you my views on the best hospitality in league after today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hey MP these are Leeds fan's who for some deluded reason believe that they are above others and can say what they please, I have witnessed this attitude first hand being that I once went on missionary work and worked in that "

Which is another way of saying, we know that what we offer visiting supporters is lacking if you want to be congregate together, but you can always spread yourselves about.

Anyway I will give you my views on the best hospitality in league after today.

I don’t think I’m above you Harry, that is just our ground, it’s not going to change, it’s pointless going over snd over it, away fans can either A. get a ticket for the Western Terrace, or B. get a ticket for the allocated seats in the North Stand.

Or they can stay at home.

it’s up to them.

Edited by Chrispmartha

13 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

suppose Leeds could have just moved from Headingley into a flat pack stadium out of town next to a Supermarket and charge £30 a ticket

Tell me what you know about the LSV? Within the complex it has 4 full size pitches, 6 all weather multi function smaller pitches, houses a NCL club, an indoor sports centre with a public swimming pool, sports halls and a state of the art gymnasium, an Olympic sized athletics track with all field sports facilities and "under cover" viewing for spectators, there is also an annexe further education college, a purpose built hub https://www.wigan.gov.uk/News/Articles/2023/February/New-youth-hub-declared.aspx and a centre for special needs education centre. Also as you mention a Supermarket, Holiday Inn Hotel, and a Pub/Restaurant, and of course the flat pack stadium that keeps everyone dry in inclement weather. And I don't consider 1/2 Mile is out of town.

Will that do?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Tell me what you know about the LSV? Within the complex it has 4 full size pitches, 6 all weather multi function smaller pitches, houses a NCL club, an indoor sports centre with a public swimming pool, sports halls and a state of the art gymnasium, an Olympic sized athletics track with all field sports facilities and "under cover" viewing for spectators, there is also an annexe further education college, a purpose built hub https://www.wigan.gov.uk/News/Articles/2023/February/New-youth-hub-declared.aspx and a centre for special needs education centre. Also as you mention a Supermarket, Holiday Inn Hotel, and a Pub/Restaurant, and of course the flat pack stadium that keeps everyone dry in inclement weather. And I don't consider 1/2 Mile is out of town.

Will that do?

Excellent I’m pleased for you and the club Harry (do the club own any of it?).

I find the stadium soulless and generic, but I still went and paid my money twice this year and didn’t moan about it because it is what it is.

Edited by Chrispmartha
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Excellent I’m pleased for you and the club Harry (do the club own any of it?).

I find the stadium soulless and generic, but I still went and paid my money twice this year and didn’t moan about it because it is what it is.

one of my favourite stadiums to visit , excellent access and free parking ,food and drink next door , arguably along with york the best playing surface in RL ,comfortable covered seating or standing, whats not to like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, georgeb1 said:

one of my favourite stadiums to visit , excellent access and free parking ,food and drink next door , arguably along with york the best playing surface in RL ,comfortable covered seating or standing, whats not to like.

As I said I find it generic and soulless.

we all have different opinions and ideas of what makes a good ground.

One of the best stadiums I’ve been to is Leichhardt Oval, I was sat on the gras in a hill, with no cover in the rain.

I prefer watching an away game at Castleford than I do at some more modern grounds. 

I do like Yorks ground though.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, The Masked Poster said:
9 hours ago, M j M said:

Or not come at all, that's also fine

Not really. If you don't like the features of a ground then you don't have to go, that's fine.

I go to most Leeds away games but have not been to Leigh since the Catalan MPG because I don't really like the lack of atmosphere and the flat packery of the place.

People are free to not come to Headingley, where the club has managed to retain the most storied ground in the sport's history but with the compromises that involved vs a new build (a new build which hardly any - if any - Leeds fans would have approved of).

It's a free choice.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, M j M said:

Not really. If you don't like the features of a ground then you don't have to go, that's fine.

I go to most Leeds away games but have not been to Leigh since the Catalan MPG because I don't really like the lack of atmosphere and the flat packery of the place.

People are free to not come to Headingley, where the club has managed to retain the most storied ground in the sport's history but with the compromises that involved vs a new build (a new build which hardly any - if any - Leeds fans would have approved of).

It's a free choice.

Surely the more pertinent question is, regardless of facilities, why would anyone want to visit away grounds where the home supporters display such an arrogant and patronising and blatantly unwelcoming attitude?

• Haha 1

Just now, The Masked Poster said:

Surely the more pertinent question is, regardless of facilities, why would anyone want to visit away grounds where the home supporters display such an arrogant and patronising and blatantly unwelcoming attitude?

Because its funny?