Sheffield Eagles

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

2 players who may be looking at their none RL playing future would be great signings and nice to have Eddie home. Would add massivly but also help other players come through. 

Ambitious for sure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

Anyone know if the Eagles have come into some money to be looking at these signings? I hope they have, I lived in Sheffield in the mid 90s and would love to see them back in SL. 

Not as far as I am aware

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

Anyone know if the Eagles have come into some money to be looking at these signings? I hope they have, I lived in Sheffield in the mid 90s and would love to see them back in SL. 

Nobody new as far as I know.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

I assume Thacks was on a decent wedge (I hope so!) and he's retiring (probbbly) so I'd expect to see an experieinced half back come in. Brandon Douglas is leaving for Fax so I'd also expect at least one quality prop as a replacement. These two would be a great platform for any half back to play behind at Champ level.

• Like 1

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

Good business off the field.

The advantage of being based in a city.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

30 minutes ago, Griff said:

Good business off the field.

The advantage of being based in a city.

We talk a lot about expansion on here and big population areas in SL. Sheffield are one of the biggest cities in England and border the so called heartlands. A strong Sheffield would add a lot to the game

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

We talk a lot about expansion on here and big population areas in SL. Sheffield are one of the biggest cities in England and border the so called heartlands. A strong Sheffield would add a lot to the game

This.

many a happy childhood memory watching the eagles on sky during the stones bitter championship and early super league years.

As a RL nerd I also liked their shirts and the garish ones especially.

22 hours ago, Eddie said:

Eagles have received funds from an unnamed investor who does not want to be name. Investment came in at beginning of this season . Eagles brought in a few players and have them tied in 3 year deals.    

23 hours ago, Eddie said:

I would guess that crowds have increased now they are playing back in their home city.

12 minutes ago, RS50 said:

I would guess that crowds have increased now they are playing back in their home city.

Not massively, but the revenue from match days  now goes mainly to the Eagles, and other off-field revenue generation becomes far easier.

• Like 3

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"