Featherstone / Mark Campbell (Many Merged Threads)

6 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Another week another post about Fev fans. 

It Wont be true though will it. Its just fans of other clubs making things up.....

Grow up! No body as ever said its made up we know we have a problem at Fev with a MINORITY of idiots. Some got banned not long since so what is the answer?  Do wish some fans would stop taking us all with the same brush.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Find the culprits and ban them.

Some got banned not long since but how do you stop em ? They've no respect for themselves never mind anyone   else. They know they probably won't get fined either it's sickening and unnecessary 😒

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Gomersall said:

It was only recently that a young lad called Steeley was verbally abused by adults at a Sts v Catalans game for daring to wear a Catalans shirt.

But that isn't Featherstone so doesn't count.

Edited by Fevrover
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Definitely doesn't we are sick of It at Featherstone ourselves.

I know. It's a very small minority. It's unfortunate that these days it's the mindless minority that get the headlines. The vast majority of our games fans just want to watch their team and enjoy the game.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Daft old hooker said:

No they are too busy abusing the ball boys at Fev like last time they were at Fev. All clubs have them- just saying.

And Fax fans verbally abused our cheer leaders next to the away stand a couple of seasons ago but that was OK, hypocrites.

6 hours ago, Daft old hooker said:

No they are too busy abusing the ball boys at Fev like last time they were at Fev. All clubs have them- just saying.

Not in such quantities. Fev have pretty much cornered the market.

In fairness, not all Fev fans were taking part in this abuse.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

6 hours ago, Daft old hooker said:

You will see from my previous posts, I am in total agreement with you. We have a very small minority as well but the good thing about having small crowds is that its pretty easy to keep a small minority in check. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fevrover said:

And Fax fans verbally abused our cheer leaders next to the away stand a couple of seasons ago but that was OK, hypocrites.

To add to this story as I were there, they also got called out by Fax fans and I remember Hilda Hardy standing up and shouting at them to shut up and behave themselves because they are giving the club a bad name. When Hilda shouts people tend to listen. I think thats what it boils down to and it is going to take your own fans to call these idiots out, like the car park incident a couple of weeks back, Fev fans calling the numpty out. If your own fans are shaming you then you tend to care more.

Lets face it Fev have the worst reputation for fan behaviour in the championship by some distance, I can't even think of another place we visit in the championship where fan safety is even a topic of discussion. That is not a good thing and if Fev do get in to SL this season you can easily imagine quite a bit of bother when fans of SL teams come to visit if they can't nip it in the bud soon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

To add to this story as I were there, they also got called out by Fax fans and I remember Hilda Hardy standing up and shouting at them to shut up and behave themselves because they are giving the club a bad name. When Hilda shouts people tend to listen. I think thats what it boils down to and it is going to take your own fans to call these idiots out, like the car park incident a couple of weeks back, Fev fans calling the numpty out. If your own fans are shaming you then you tend to care more.

Lets face it Fev have the worst reputation for fan behaviour in the championship by some distance, I can't even think of another place we visit in the championship where fan safety is even a topic of discussion. That is not a good thing and if Fev do get in to SL this season you can easily imagine quite a bit of bother when fans of SL teams come to visit if they can't nip it in the bud soon.

Well let's hope they can, iam afraid to say there's not much detarent these days in LIFE never at sports events.  These type of people/ idiots know nowt will happen, WHAT do they get out of it ? Spoiling it for the vast majority of our fans AND the away fans because they don't want to come. It's a shame because there's not much enjoyment round these parts to start with.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

When the Cru were playing at the Racecourse ground the games against Fev were the only ones where there had to be crowd segregation. When a small group of so called Fev supporters found the there weren't any of us that they could have a go at they started fighting among themselves. Talking to the proper supporters, they said that the troublemakers were never seen at home games. It's a great shame as I've a lot of time for Fev, who've shown that it's possible to modernise a club without losing touch with the past.

13 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Can we borrow Hilda please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It’s very sad and unfortunately I have to agree with the majority here, the only time we have had problems recently is with a few Fev fans, it is unfortunate that the vast majority get tarred with the same brush. Many years ago my dad and I were at Post Office Road when a couple of young kids started swearing and an old guy - Fev fan - tapped them on the shoulder and told them  “It’s Sunday, women and kids here watch your language” sadly times have changed and no doubt if anyone did the same now they would get abused themselves or worse.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Well let's hope they can, iam afraid to say there's not much detarent these days in LIFE never at sports events.  These type of people/ idiots know nowt will happen, WHAT do they get out of it ? Spoiling it for the vast majority of our fans AND the away fans because they don't want to come. It's a shame because there's not much enjoyment round these parts to start with.

There's all your marketing, community development work, on-field success, RL cares, up the swanny, ''fans don't want to come''.

Surely someone at the club (and the RFL) can see the lost potential (in terms of crowds figures), tolerating these animals is costing the club and the game at large.

I don't believe it's impossible (or even difficult) to eradicate them. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

There's all your marketing, community development work, on-field success, RL cares, up the swanny, ''fans don't want to come''.

Surely someone at the club (and the RFL) can see the lost potential (in terms of crowds figures), tolerating these animals is costing the club and the game at large.

I don't believe it's impossible (or even difficult) to eradicate them. 

How many have you eradicated  fans?  If it was so easy it wouldn't be happening ,we've banned some but looks like some more pop up, it's not like we're not trying,any ideas would be very welcome. 

Edited by Fevrover
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

How many have you eradicated  fans?  If it was so easy it wouldn't be happening ,we've banned some but looks like some more pop up, it's not like we're not trying,any ideas would be very welcome. 

If you've got rid of some that's a good start.

I don't think there's any substitute for keeping on keeping on.

As long as their not sneaking in the back door, you'll get there in the end, reducing the nuisance to a rarity rather than a weekly embarrassment.

Hopefully the good people will become emboldened by the clubs zero tolerance stand, to act as a kind of neighbourhood watch on the clubs behalf. 

• Like 1

It's beyond me. Why can't some folk just watch and enjoy the game? All the bother causing doesn't do anyone any good whatsoever. Some folk would cause trouble in an empty house. Thankfully they are in the minority as most fans I've met have been perfectly fine.

• Like 2