Toulouse struggling

Eddie

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You are Au Fait with the LSV and all it has to offer are you?

I am not a fan of them grounds in general, I have visited there, and Rotherham and Doncaster and various other soulless grounds like this and I am sure I am not alone in thinking a ground like VP or even Huddersfields are better and have more character. MY opinion I am sorry if you do not agree

10 minutes ago, OdsalBull said:

I am not a fan of them grounds in general, I have visited there, and Rotherham and Doncaster and various other soulless grounds like this and I am sure I am not alone in thinking a ground like VP or even Huddersfields are better and have more character. MY opinion I am sorry if you do not agree

I think the LSV is great setup and good facilities, however I agree with you on the stadium, Im not a fan but it works great for Leigh.

10 minutes ago, OdsalBull said:

You did not answer my question, you seem to think that the LSV is just the stadium, it isn't.

And Soulless, you obviously have not been this season.

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You did not answer my question, you seem to think that the LSV is just the stadium, it isn't.

But he was talking about the stadium. what does the LSV have to offer a fan that other places don't? - the parking is good Ill give you that.

They are only soulless when no-one is in them.

Leigh have been 2 times this season great atmosphere and  fun and excellent facilities 

Doncaster have been 2 times also first 2008 (Or 2010 cannot remember the year) was Gillette 4 Nations England v France good crowd and excellent atmosphere second time at the disastrous RLWC/2021 France v Greece which was embarrassing.

1 minute ago, OdsalBull said:

Go on then what else? Let me guess like all these other grounds, a tesco and a hotel?

Quite correct, Morrisons and a Hotel, plus 

Gym / fitness suite with the latest training equipment

Swimming pool (25m) and spectator seating

Fitness studio with a weekly programme of classes

Multi-purpose sports hall including 8 badminton courts, 2 basketball courts and 2 netball courts.

Fully equipped Athletics complex Olympic size track with top standard surface and all field events, with seated spectator viewing.

Leigh Youth Hub, which provides social and learning facilities.

Technical College annexe, with multiple class rooms. 

Two 4th generations full size artificial pitches,

Two full size grass pitches.

4 half sized artificial pitches

Licensed club house, with 6 changing rooms and showers home to Leigh East NCL club

12,000 spectator Stadium with 9,000 seats, Conferance and Corporate facilities,

Home to Leigh Leopards, Manchester United Women's team and U 21's, U19's and U18's games.

• Like 4

Multi-purpose sports hall including 8 badminton courts, 2 basketball courts and 2 netball courts.

Fully equipped Athletics complex Olympic size track with top standard surface and all field events, with seated spectator viewing.

Licensed club house, with 6 changing rooms and showers home to Leigh East NCL club

Home to Leigh Leopards, Manchester United Women's team and U 21's, U19's and U18's games.

Great

As I say its a great facility, how do any of them benefit the fan going to watch a game of RL or make someone like the stadium over another?

9 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Great

As I say its a great facility, how do any of them benefit the fan going to watch a game of RL or make someone like the stadium over another?

Won’t be many grounds where (if it’s timed right) you can watch a game of amateur RL with a pint on the same complex as you can watch a Super League game.

Not entirely sure what else can necessarily be offered, mind, especially as York don’t have the mad outdoor water slides any more. 

31 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Congrats. I still wouldn't swap it for the history or character of VP or even galpharm

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

And I suppose under Yipyee's plan, the monies to finance a Bradford stadium where would they come from?

And if FC were to be the sacrificial team in Hull, you would be attending Craven Park getting supporting the Robin's I take it?

I wasn't exactly endorsing his plan, was I?

• Like 1
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

2 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Huddersfield's stadium is less than 30 years old. 

History pointing more towards VP. I prefer grounds like your own, huddersfield to that of the others mentioned. as mentioned before I have visited so many particularly following football and they are all the same. One positive about Leigh that sets them aside from the others is the standing terrace

5 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Loads less, I went to watch Norwich there when it was still being built and only had three sides (keeper Andy Marshall got sent off after about 10 minutes so our left back Daryl Sutch went in goal and we drew 1-1) and that must have been around 2002. 

4 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

To be fair Hudds stadium is a decently designed stadium, it’s not one of the modern boxy type stadiums with no character.

It looks pretty modern for a 30 year old stadium aswell.

How much did it cost and what would that equate to in todays terms?

• Like 1

Just now, Eddie said:

Loads less, I went to watch Norwich there when it was still being built and only had three sides (keeper Andy Marshall got sent off after about 10 minutes so our left back Daryl Sutch went in goal and we drew 1-1) and that must have been around 2002. 

It was used in the 1995 RL world cup wasn’t it?

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Won’t be many grounds where (if it’s timed right) you can watch a game of amateur RL with a pint on the same complex as you can watch a Super League game.

Not entirely sure what else can necessarily be offered, mind, especially as York don’t have the mad outdoor water slides any more. 

There was a cricket game being played at the same time as the rugby this year at headingley I think!

that’s fairly unique