Featherstone Rovers 2024 Squad

marklaspalmas

Interesting take on on next year from Fordy on the BEEB according to him the vast majority of the best players outside SL are playing at FEV  and they deserve an opportunity

Will we be making some additions YES but we are not going to have a massive overhaul 

Can't wait to see what our alleged UNMASSIVE overhaul brings:kolobok_yahoo:

3 minutes ago, POR said:

Interesting take on on next year from Fordy on the BEEB according to him the vast majority of the best players outside SL are playing at FEV  and they deserve an opportunity

Will we be making some additions YES but we are not going to have a massive overhaul 

Can't wait to see what our alleged UNMASSIVE overhaul brings:kolobok_yahoo:

As i stated earlier we can run with the players who want to stay with a few additions.But if we do get promoted to SL it would be ludicrous to kick us out after one season.Even if we finish bottom with only a couple of wins i just can't see us being demoted back to The Championship.I think would be safe for 3 seasons before another club takes our place.I have read the points criteria and if in SL i think we be rated B although who does the marking it is a very subjective point of view.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

As i stated earlier we can run with the players who want to stay with a few additions.But if we do get promoted to SL it would be ludicrous to kick us out after one season.Even if we finish bottom with only a couple of wins i just can't see us being demoted back to The Championship.I think would be safe for 3 seasons before another club takes our place.I have read the points criteria and if in SL i think we be rated B although who does the marking it is a very subjective point of view.

Much as I'd like to agree, this is not what is going to happen.

At the end of 2024, the best 12 rated clubs will be in SL in 2025 and that's it. Proably 5-6 A clubs, an the rest B's. There will be a number of B's in the Championship in 2025 too.

It will be very tough for Fev, because it's weighted in favour of clubs in SL now. But not impossible.

Unfortunately, it will not be decided onfield and there's no exemption for Fev as a recently promoted team. That's wishful thinking.

I think we need to enjoy the ride and see what happens.

I agree that the marking will be subjective.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Featherstonerovers11 said:

Alex sutcliffe from cas had been released maybe a good squad player for us next season as he always played well when he was with us 

He won't be last F reports say 

Castleford Tigers are preparing major surgery to their squad next season the club is now preparing for a significant overhaul which will include contracted players moving on. The Tigers will play off a reduced playing budget next year and as part of reducing the cost of their squad, the playing group were informed several weeks back they were free to pursue other options should they wish to do so. 

Edited by POR

1 hour ago, marklaspalmas said:

So, with no game this weekend, we can keep ourselves occupied with this.......

IN: Strong rumours so far about Ben Reynolds, Nathan Massey and Greg Eden. Greg Minikin has also been touted, has he not?

OUT: Confirmed Lockwood retiring and Hall leaving.

Wasn't necessarily expecting him to stay, but have I missed an announcement about Hall somewhere along the line?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

31 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

FWIW I wouldn't be surprised if Koppy, Moors and Taylor all did the same as Hall. They are ex SL players who decided to take a step down late in their careers and it's probably not in their plans to go back to SL at this stage.

I’m sure Taylor has a option in his contract for another year if promoted