Featherstone Rovers 2024 Squad

marklaspalmas

43 minutes ago, FR23 said:

Aekins as agreed to play next year with gaz Gale, Ellis Longstaff and  Ben Reynolds. Everyone at the club is being asked to take pay cuts so will be interesting to see who sticks around 

Fev fans were questioning why did we bring Longstaff in. Well the answer is that is what you are getting from now on. Failed SL youngsters on the cheap. Lives locally same agent as coach Namely Agent Harrison! As the chairman has stated welcome to a new era.

4 minutes ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Fev fans were questioning why did we bring Longstaff in. Well the answer is that is what you are getting from now on. Failed SL youngsters on the cheap. Lives locally same agent as coach Namely Agent Harrison! As the chairman has stated welcome to a new era.

Personally I'd rather that where their is still scope for development than quite so many lower end SL players winding down. A bit more balance of youth and experience.

• Like 2

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

14 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Personally I'd rather that where their is still scope for development than quite so many lower end SL players winding down. A bit more balance of youth and experience.

I agree. Hence why you all need to consider a brand new era. Appreciate things are still raw.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gazza77 said:

Can't argue with that. Did have a kind of feel on Sunday that we were watching a player whose rugby brain was still sharp but his legs less so, probably a driver behind his decision.

Doesn't say much for the rest of the team then.  Best player in both of the last 2 years for me - either side of his injury.  Really disappointed with this. 

4 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

Doesn't say much for the rest of the team then.  Best player in both of the last 2 years for me - either side of his injury.  Really disappointed with this. 

He's been a great player, though not sure we really saw him at his peak. 

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Agree with these comments about Killer.

Great bloke. Football genius. 100% effort. Super place kicker. Etc etc.

He will know his body and the time to retire is now.

Just a pity we didn't enjoy the privilege of having him 5 or so years earlier.

He was tearful after the match on Sunday which said everything.

Thanks Mark. Time to get that handicap down further.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, haskey said:

Sorry for appearing thick FR but where do you get your information from as to the 4 above already signed on.

It’s not what you know it’s who you know. But it’s from a very good source. I know mark fordy and Ian are working hard this week with player recruitment with a reduced budget but a budget that’s still top end championship 

Edited by FR23
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Don't have instagram, but looks like Jones might be staying, saying something like "All the best to those moving on" according to my lad

After such a special season to see it end the way it did was absolutely heartbreaking. There are no words to describe how bad that felt.

To all the @fevroversrlfc supporters I’m sorry we couldn’t achieve what we set out to but thank you for your continuous support all season.

To the boys it’s been an absolute pleasure, and I wish those moving on nothing but the best 👊

Lastly, thank you @katewhitehous

You’ve ridden through the rollercoaster with me and been an absolute rock ❤️

2024… 🤷‍♂️

Time to get back on the horse!

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

15 hours ago, RobLambert said:

I'm thinking I could be ok to go back to work tomorrow. 

Think we're all going through what psychiatrists call The Five Stages Of Grief Being A Fev Fan.

We've done Anger, Denial and Depression and some of us are reluctantly trying to move towards Acceptance now.

20 hours ago, FR23 said:

I know mark fordy and Ian are working hard this week with player recruitment with a reduced budget but a budget that’s still top end championship 

The club will be going through the Bargaining stage for a while yet though

• Like 4

Top guy, top player Killer. I feel privileged to have watched him since his first days at TO13. Some memorable moments over the years. We were lucky to have seen him at his peak. 
Thanks for all your services to the club mate and good luck with whatever you may choose to do in the future.

Pete.

• Like 1

OP Updated:

IN

Daniel Smith, Ellis Longstaff,

OUT

Craig Hall, James Lockwood, Mark Kheirallah,

DON'T KNOW

Luke Briscoe, Chris Hankinson, Gareth Gale, Johnathon Ford, Craig Kopczak, Connor Jones, Brad Day, Elijah Taylor, Jack Bussey, Matty Wildie, John Davies, Junior Moors, Gadwin Springer, Josh Hardcastle, Joey Leilua, Caleb Aekins, Mathieu Cozza, Thomas Lacans, TylaHepi, McKenzie Yei, Arama Hau, Dane Chisholm

14 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

OP Updated:

IN

Daniel Smith, Ellis Longstaff,

OUT

Craig Hall, James Lockwood, Mark Kheirallah,

DON'T KNOW

Luke Briscoe, Chris Hankinson, Gareth Gale, Johnathon Ford, Craig Kopczak, Connor Jones, Brad Day, Elijah Taylor, Jack Bussey, Matty Wildie, John Davies, Junior Moors, Gadwin Springer, Josh Hardcastle, Joey Leilua, Caleb Aekins, Mathieu Cozza, Thomas Lacans, TylaHepi, McKenzie Yei, Arama Hau, Dane Chisholm

Not official, but I’m sure that Hau is off back to Australia. Think he indicated that on Instagram.

35 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Not official, but I’m sure that Hau is off back to Australia. Think he indicated that on Instagram.

Ta.

I think there's quite a few semi-official/all-but-confirmed moves, but I'll wait for a club statement on each one.

I'm sure more than those mid-season transfers are confirmed for next year for example.

3 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

My two penneth 

Retain (in an ideal world)

Briscoe, Hankinson, Gale, Jones, Day, Taylor, Bussey, Davies, Springer, Aekins, Cozza, Lacans, Yei, Hau

Think Kopczak has signed for Oldham, I'd keep Hardcastle if he's able to play, Leilua if he's significantly cheaper than rumoured. Moors looks like retiring. Move on from Ford, Wildie, Chisholm

1 hour ago, Michael Bates said:

My two penneth 

Retain (in an ideal world)

Briscoe, Hankinson, Gale, Jones, Day, Taylor, Bussey, Davies, Springer, Aekins, Cozza, Lacans, Yei, Hau

Think Kopczak has signed for Oldham, I'd keep Hardcastle if he's able to play, Leilua if he's significantly cheaper than rumoured. Moors looks like retiring. Move on from Ford, Wildie, Chisholm

A lot of talk on Sunday that Bussey is off to York.