Fri 22nd Sept: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 20:00

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/09/23 at 19:30

The aussies convertion attempt have been woefull tonight. Dont know if it will effect the table.

Im avoiding the other result till I get home. 

Edited by Wollo Wollo Wayoo

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 hour ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

6 point try.  The bloody clown.

Try and take a players head off when they’re in the act of grounding the ball, you’re going to get penalised. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Amazingly, we were still in it until the sin binning. Jowitt didn’t have his best game in all honesty and too many players dropping off tackles. 

I reckon the young lads will do a good job for us in the Championship if we can keep hold. Jordan Schofield slotted straight in tonight and looked ready.

Well over at last ,what a lousy season it's been. Let the rebuild begin as there is so much to do. Massive recruitment job ahead to build a squad to see us through the championship. I get one grain of comfort that Michael Carter will be no where near the recruiting, Thankfully!!!!

12 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Try and take a players head off when they’re in the act of grounding the ball, you’re going to get penalised. 

Totally agree it was a penalty and a lazy high shot but it wasn’t over the line or in the act of scoring the try. 

Though I was a distance away it seemed before the KR player took a stray arm then dived over after but didn’t then get up. 

It was poor but it wasn’t in the act of scoring from what I saw.

KR would have won regardless and they upped the tempo that last 25 or so but Kendall had little patience for trinity from minute one as is usually the case when he refs trinity. Some of his decisions completely baffled me last night and again around the consistency of 6 again and how it’s applied. 

I don’t mind KR as they have a few trinity academy players I wish them well. Good luck in the playoffs. 

Edited by Trojan Horse
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Trojan Horse said:

Totally agree it was a penalty and a lazy high shot but it wasn’t over the line or in the act of scoring the try. 

Though I was a distance away it seemed before the KR player took a stray arm then dived over after but didn’t then get up. 

It was poor but it wasn’t in the act of scoring from what I saw.

KR would have won regardless and they upped the tempo that last 25 or so but Kendall had little patience for trinity from minute one as is usually the case when he refs trinity. Some of his decisions completely baffled me last night and again around the consistency of 6 again and how it’s applied. 

I don’t mind KR as they have a few trinity academy players I wish them well. Good luck in the playoffs. 

If a player holding the ball, falling forwards towards the try line, isn’t “in the act of scoring” then I don’t know what is. The fact the high shot took place before his body crossed the line is irrelevant.

Anyway, it’s done now. I wish you all well and hope Wakefield take the opportunity next season presents to do whatever they need to do to get ship shape for a more sustainable future. With hindsight it was a helpful wake-up call for Rovers, in many ways a critical moment for us. Your new stand looks great, and under new ownership hopefully this will also become a turning point for you as well. There’s little joy in regularly finishing mid-table, or avoiding relegation, some forward momentum albeit starting in the lower league sounds like more fun to me. 

• Like 4

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?