Teams to be relegated to League one.

Peter Winthorpe

Who will be joining us in league 1 next year.

It couldn't be closer, who will join Thunder in coming down. 3 clubs on 16 points, Haven, Swindon and Keithley, with Barrow on 17. Haven have finished there matches and are only in the regulation place by 5 points with the other 2 having tough away games and could lose by more than 5 points.

Barrow being 1 point better off seem safe. Haven would end up 4th bottom if the other 2 lose and concede more than 5.

Is it better for Cumbrian ruby if both Barrow and Haven stay up, or do we need or want the 2 local derby's with the uncertainty over our fixtures next year.

Add to that the promotion final where NWC with only 7 league wins could go up leaving Doncaster in our league again.

7 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Hearing it's west and east leagues next year which would mean us and  haven traveling to Cornwall and London and all the Yorkshire puddings only having to travel to Newcastle ,how can that be right, the RFL are on a different planet .

If this is true I wonder how they will distribute the central funding?

29 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Hearing it's west and east leagues next year which would mean us and  haven traveling to Cornwall and London and all the Yorkshire puddings only having to travel to Newcastle ,how can that be right, the RFL are on a different planet .

Hope this happens with the top of west v top of east in a play off final. What will changes to promotion / relegation to / from super league make next season, all sorts of tick boxes required isn't there before a team is considered suitable?

52 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Dont think haven and barrow will merge

I was meaning Town and haven. Barrow too far away with poor road links. Just a personal opinion but can't see west cumbrian clubs doing anything in the  championship other than a survival battle especially with cuts to central funding. Yes you need ambition but you also need to be realistic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, town4me said:

I was meaning Town and haven. Barrow too far away with poor road links. Just a personal opinion but can't see west cumbrian clubs doing anything in the  championship other than a survival battle especially with cuts to central funding. Yes you need ambition but you also need to be realistic. 

They merged with Carlisle Border Raiders {hence BR} and as you know that's further away?

• Haha 2

On 24/09/2023 at 16:55, donald said:

Offered our fullback josh rourke a 24k contract for next season that might change now 

I think the offer will still stand, the budgets still there. The question will be weather Josh Rourke wants to drop down to League one, you'd fancy not but money sometimes talks.

2 hours ago, Derwent Parker said:

They merged with Carlisle Border Raiders {hence BR} and as you know that's further away?

Yes And look how that ended. I meant a joint club in "west" cumbria. One club pulling off two towns close together for support and sponsorship. 

• Confused 2