Newcastle Thunder

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

Newcastle were a Championship club.

L1 clubs are disappearing because their funding was cut from 75k to 15k. That is nothing to do with doing something right or wrong, its simply not enough for some clubs to survive.

No but my point is your blaming champ clubs for their demise ever thought champ clubs ain’t doing it because they want  too more of a need too so they don’t disappear from the game? 

Edited by Rovers13

3 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

No but my point is your blaming champ clubs for their demise ever thought champ clubs ain’t doing it because they want  too more of a need too so they don’t disappear from the game? 

Your reply makes zero sense.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Damien said:

Your reply makes zero sense.

Newcastle were an expansion club with no help what so ever most champ clubs have been around years makes a massive difference. 

Edited by Rovers13
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Damien said:

But yet, and as we frequently see on here, the fans of such Championship clubs who are happy to pull up the drawbridge to suit themselves are the first to moan about Super League doing likewise.

Indeed.

Ultimately we've had a century or more of stunted growth that has led the upper tiers of the game into thinking they are right to be just a regional competition. That is going to require readjustment.

50 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

As much as I agree with that, I’d counter that with if you can’t spend full cap with SKY money you shouldn’t be in SL either. 

I don't know what relevance that has to my post mate, but its a fair comment.

5 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

Newcastle were an expansion club with no help what so ever most champ clubs have been around years makes a massive difference. 

So like the L1 clubs that have gone bust.

Its you that said Championship clubs must be doing something right compared to L1 clubs because L1 clubs are disappearing but ignored the fact that a Championship club has indeed gone bust. The only difference is they get much more funding than L1, which the bigger clubs long chose to split more unequally to the detriment of the lower Championship clubs. The better Championship clubs have long had a I'm alright Jack attitude just as bad as any SL club.

I'm genuinely baffled at what you are trying to argue here. I don't think anyone doubts that expansion clubs have it tougher.

• Like 1

So like the L1 clubs that have gone bust.

Its you that said Championship clubs must be doing something right compared to L1 clubs because L1 clubs are disappearing but ignored the fact that a Championship club has indeed gone bust. The only difference is they get much more funding than L1, which the bigger clubs long chose to split more unequally to the detriment of the lower Championship clubs. The better Championship clubs have long had a I'm alright Jack attitude just as bad as any SL club.

I'm genuinely baffled at what you are trying to argue here. I don't think anyone doubts that expansion clubs have it tougher.

Do you honestly think if Newcastle hadn’t got relegated this thread would be here? 

Edited by Rovers13
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rovers13 said:

Do you honestly think if Newcastle hadn’t got relegated this thread would be here? 

I again don't see where you are going with this reply.

However yes I do because its been on the cards for some time and the troubles affecting the RU side are well known.

Just now, Damien said:

I again don't see where you are going with this reply.

However yes I do because its been on the cards for some time and the troubles affecting the RU side are well known.

The point I was trying to make is L1 isn’t sustainable for any club let alone an expansion club yet the sport keeps shoving them in the bottom tier. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

The point I was trying to make is L1 isn’t sustainable for any club let alone an expansion club yet the sport keeps shoving them in the bottom tier. 

You keep replying to posts saying the point I was trying to make, yet reply with something completely different!

2 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

Why you think champ clubs got that money? Because SL closed the shop and it was only way to shut up champ clubs owners. 

L1 clubs got that much money and it wasn't a closed shop.

Championship clubs got considerably more, indeed enough so that a couple of select clubs could fund full time teams and to hell with the rest.

• Like 1

L1 clubs got that much money and it wasn't a closed shop.

Championship clubs got considerably more, indeed enough so that a couple of select clubs could fund full time teams and to hell with the rest.

If you were an owner of a champ club what would you do? 

1 minute ago, Rovers13 said:

It’s all the same points it’s just you don’t blame SL which I do it’s killed the game. 

We've not even been discussing SL. If all you really want to do is moan about SL then do that rather that doing irrelevant replies that have nothing to do with the post you quote.

We've not even been discussing SL. If all you really want to do is moan about SL then do that rather that doing irrelevant replies that have nothing to do with the post you quote.

You made a reply saying champ clubs moan about SL bringing up drawbridge yet do same thing themselves. 

3 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

You made a reply saying champ clubs moan about SL bringing up drawbridge yet do same thing themselves. 

That was a reply to Tommy, you've since replied to me 9 times about Newcastle, L1 and the Championship. That is what we have been talking about. If you don't want to do that then that's fine, happy to leave it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That was a reply to Tommy, you've since replied to me 9 times about Newcastle, L1 and the Championship. That is what we have been talking about. If you don't want to do that then that's fine, happy to leave it.

Leave it then as we seem to agree to disagree anyway lol. 

2 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

No that's why it needs changed and it appears your lot are trying to stop it?

Not just my lot lol but yeah but their will be reasons why they are, but they will stop it because of the SL voting etc where champ clubs never get a say now they have they won’t bend over for the RFL unless they get something in return.