Newcastle Thunder

18 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

It’s all the same points it’s just you don’t blame SL which I do it’s killed the game. 

The unfair distribution of CF killed the game.

SL should have more

Champ less

L1  less

BUT NOT THE VAST DIFFERANCES - The gaps are enormous

L1 get only 1% what SL gets - that is ridiculous

I have no idea what champ teams get - it appears to be worlds best kept secret

Just now, Derwent Parker said:

The unfair distribution of CF killed the game.

SL should have more

Champ less

L1  less

BUT NOT THE VAST DIFFERANCES - The gaps are enormous

L1 get only 1% what SL gets - that is ridiculous

I have no idea what champ teams get - it appears to be worlds best kept secret

Champ gets peanuts now too. We got nothing this season as far as I’m aware . 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Rovers13 said:

Nothing?

Surely you don't believe that.

• Like 4

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

3 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

Not just my lot lol but yeah but their will be reasons why they are, but they will stop it because of the SL voting etc where champ clubs never get a say now they have they won’t bend over for the RFL unless they get something in return. 

Actually if it goes to a vote with all leagues then SL could vote it through.

especially if there's a plan for all 22 teams in New Champ to get a fair/equal share of the combined Champ/L1 CF - because it would mean all teams chasing promotion to SL would have less CF and be less of a threat???

And as SL teams get double votes added to the L1 8 would have a good chance of winning?

Just now, Rovers13 said:

As far as I’m led to believe griff funding was cut at start of this season. But it’s only here say not concrete facts. 

Cut, yes.  Completely eliminated, no.

Just now, Derwent Parker said:

Actually if it goes to a vote with all leagues then SL could vote it through.

especially if there's a plan for all 22 teams in New Champ to get a fair/equal share of the combined Champ/L1 CF - because it would mean all teams chasing promotion to SL would have less CF and be less of a threat???

And as SL teams get double votes added to the L1 8 would have a good chance of winning?

If SL get a vote ghandi will be alive again and own Tim buk too 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rovers13 said:

Doubt we get 10% of clubs wages though. 

So do I.

We got less than the £75000 L1 clubs seem to think they can't manage without.

Just now, Griff said:

So do I.

We got less than the £75000 L1 clubs seem to think they can't manage without.

That’s my point though yet we get SL clubs fans coming on here saying selfish champ clubs etc give us more of your pie and we will share it out. 

22 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

That’s my point though yet we get SL clubs fans coming on here saying selfish champ clubs etc give us more of your pie and we will share it out. 

One of your many points.😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Damien said:

L1 clubs got that much money and it wasn't a closed shop.

Championship clubs got considerably more, indeed enough so that a couple of select clubs could fund full time teams and to hell with the rest.

Not really is it? You are stating that this was an objective whilst the uneven distributions have their real roots in the seemingly forgotten eights, which massively skewed the Championship and from which it has never really recovered.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

50 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

Fev would have received £150k+ for the 2023 season. Nobody seems to know for sure what the details are for 2024.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

8 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Not really is it? You are stating that this was an objective whilst the uneven distributions have their real roots in the seemingly forgotten eights, which massively skewed the Championship and from which it has never really recovered.

It went on after the 8s and was only for the top two clubs, not even the top 4.

I cannot see how the leagues can be restructured at this late stage for next season, most Championship clubs have started selling season tickets based on the number of home games as the the leagues stand now. I cannot see any Championship club voting for a merger with League 1 and going down the conference route, why would they? League 1 as it is now is unsustainable, sadly it could be the end of the road for them unless something radical happens. Realistically how can you run a semi pro club with attendances in the low to mid hundreds, it is hard enough with gates of a couple thousand and there aren’t many championships clubs averaging that number. It would seem people, especially the younger generation just aren’t interested in watching this great game, there are too many other things that take their time and money. It isn’t the same world as 50 years ago when I got the RL bug. Kids want and expect more. their parents want and expect more. I think there are some very dark days ahead for us in the lower leagues. 

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Damien said:

It went on after the 8s and was only for the top two clubs, not even the top 4.

You missed my first point - something that you accuse others of doing.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

I cannot see how the leagues can be restructured at this late stage for next season, most Championship clubs have started selling season tickets based on the number of home games as the the leagues stand now. I cannot see any Championship club voting for a merger with League 1 and going down the conference route, why would they? League 1 as it is now is unsustainable, sadly it could be the end of the road for them unless something radical happens. Realistically how can you run a semi pro club with attendances in the low to mid hundreds, it is hard enough with gates of a couple thousand and there aren’t many championships clubs averaging that number. It would seem people, especially the younger generation just aren’t interested in watching this great game, there are too many other things that take their time and money. It isn’t the same world as 50 years ago when I got the RL bug. Kids want and expect more. their parents want and expect more. I think there are some very dark days ahead for us in the lower leagues. 

Too much to do for kids consoles etc, I was never in house when I was a kid now kids are never out of the house. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Championship clubs budget crisis now as Toulouse fail to beat London. Unless something unexpected happens at Toulouse, that is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

Too much to do for kids consoles etc, I was never in house when I was a kid now kids are never out of the house. 

You must be 70 then. didn't you spend all of your time listening to your transistor radio and watching TV?

3 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Whats that got to do with unable to change leagues now because someone might have ordered a season ticket?

Nothing what as your post got to with changing leagues? I was replying to expat agreeing how hard it is to get kids watching RL. Promote those clubs don’t I can’t make that decision. 

Edited by Rovers13