Jump to content

Newcastle Thunder


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

It’s all the same points it’s just you don’t blame SL which I do it’s killed the game. 

The unfair distribution of CF killed the game.

SL should have more

Champ less

L1  less

BUT NOT THE VAST DIFFERANCES - The gaps are enormous

L1 get only 1% what SL gets - that is ridiculous

I have no idea what champ teams get - it appears to be worlds best kept secret

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just now, Derwent Parker said:

The unfair distribution of CF killed the game.

SL should have more

Champ less

L1  less

BUT NOT THE VAST DIFFERANCES - The gaps are enormous

L1 get only 1% what SL gets - that is ridiculous

I have no idea what champ teams get - it appears to be worlds best kept secret

Champ gets peanuts now too. We got nothing this season as far as I’m aware . 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

Not just my lot lol but yeah but their will be reasons why they are, but they will stop it because of the SL voting etc where champ clubs never get a say now they have they won’t bend over for the RFL unless they get something in return. 

Actually if it goes to a vote with all leagues then SL could vote it through.

especially if there's a plan for all 22 teams in New Champ to get a fair/equal share of the combined Champ/L1 CF - because it would mean all teams chasing promotion to SL would have less CF and be less of a threat???

And as SL teams get double votes added to the L1 8 would have a good chance of winning?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rovers13 said:

As far as I’m led to believe griff funding was cut at start of this season. But it’s only here say not concrete facts. 

Cut, yes.  Completely eliminated, no.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Derwent Parker said:

Actually if it goes to a vote with all leagues then SL could vote it through.

especially if there's a plan for all 22 teams in New Champ to get a fair/equal share of the combined Champ/L1 CF - because it would mean all teams chasing promotion to SL would have less CF and be less of a threat???

And as SL teams get double votes added to the L1 8 would have a good chance of winning?

If SL get a vote ghandi will be alive again and own Tim buk too 🤣🤣

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rovers13 said:

Doubt we get 10% of clubs wages though. 

So do I.

We got less than the £75000 L1 clubs seem to think they can't manage without.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Griff said:

So do I.

We got less than the £75000 L1 clubs seem to think they can't manage without.

That’s my point though yet we get SL clubs fans coming on here saying selfish champ clubs etc give us more of your pie and we will share it out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

That’s my point though yet we get SL clubs fans coming on here saying selfish champ clubs etc give us more of your pie and we will share it out. 

One of your many points.😂

  • Haha 3

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Damien said:

L1 clubs got that much money and it wasn't a closed shop.

Championship clubs got considerably more, indeed enough so that a couple of select clubs could fund full time teams and to hell with the rest.

Not really is it? You are stating that this was an objective whilst the uneven distributions have their real roots in the seemingly forgotten eights, which massively skewed the Championship and from which it has never really recovered.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

Champ gets peanuts now too. We got nothing this season as far as I’m aware . 

Fev would have received £150k+ for the 2023 season. Nobody seems to know for sure what the details are for 2024.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Not really is it? You are stating that this was an objective whilst the uneven distributions have their real roots in the seemingly forgotten eights, which massively skewed the Championship and from which it has never really recovered.

It went on after the 8s and was only for the top two clubs, not even the top 4.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I cannot see how the leagues can be restructured at this late stage for next season, most Championship clubs have started selling season tickets based on the number of home games as the the leagues stand now. I cannot see any Championship club voting for a merger with League 1 and going down the conference route, why would they? League 1 as it is now is unsustainable, sadly it could be the end of the road for them unless something radical happens. Realistically how can you run a semi pro club with attendances in the low to mid hundreds, it is hard enough with gates of a couple thousand and there aren’t many championships clubs averaging that number. It would seem people, especially the younger generation just aren’t interested in watching this great game, there are too many other things that take their time and money. It isn’t the same world as 50 years ago when I got the RL bug. Kids want and expect more. their parents want and expect more. I think there are some very dark days ahead for us in the lower leagues. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Damien said:

It went on after the 8s and was only for the top two clubs, not even the top 4.

You missed my first point - something that you accuse others of doing.

  • Confused 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

I cannot see how the leagues can be restructured at this late stage for next season, most Championship clubs have started selling season tickets based on the number of home games as the the leagues stand now. I cannot see any Championship club voting for a merger with League 1 and going down the conference route, why would they? League 1 as it is now is unsustainable, sadly it could be the end of the road for them unless something radical happens. Realistically how can you run a semi pro club with attendances in the low to mid hundreds, it is hard enough with gates of a couple thousand and there aren’t many championships clubs averaging that number. It would seem people, especially the younger generation just aren’t interested in watching this great game, there are too many other things that take their time and money. It isn’t the same world as 50 years ago when I got the RL bug. Kids want and expect more. their parents want and expect more. I think there are some very dark days ahead for us in the lower leagues. 

Too much to do for kids consoles etc, I was never in house when I was a kid now kids are never out of the house. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Championship clubs budget crisis now as Toulouse fail to beat London. Unless something unexpected happens at Toulouse, that is.

  • Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

Too much to do for kids consoles etc, I was never in house when I was a kid now kids are never out of the house. 

You must be 70 then. didn't you spend all of your time listening to your transistor radio and watching TV?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Whats that got to do with unable to change leagues now because someone might have ordered a season ticket?

Nothing what as your post got to with changing leagues? I was replying to expat agreeing how hard it is to get kids watching RL. Promote those clubs don’t I can’t make that decision. 

Edited by Rovers13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.