Championship Focus: Will Featherstone Rovers ever make it to Super League?

Unless a multi millionaire pops up not a chance in L but there is always the possibity of either a breakaway from superselfish league  or more likely the death of IMG.

Games dying a slow death only half a dozen clubs may succeed thanks to moneymen with too much money and half of them will be foreign clubs.

Who is next for the departure lounge cas salford or even london broncos.

I think a three way merger of fev cas an wakey which I hate the thought of could give leeds wigan saints etc a run for their money.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Not if we waste money like we did this year.............and definitely not while grading is in place.

IMO Toulouse, Wakefield and Bradford* are the only teams with a chance of getting in SL during the Grading era.

*Bradford appear to get extra points because the RFL own their stadium and want SL crowds in it.

• Like 1

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

9 minutes ago, tuutaisrambo said:

Not if we waste money like we did this year.............and definitely not while grading is in place.

IMO Toulouse, Wakefield and Bradford* are the only teams with a chance of getting in SL during the Grading era.

*Bradford appear to get extra points because the RFL own their stadium and want SL crowds in it.

We got 0.89 on the Stadium one of the lowest scores. I guess you missed where RFL are selling the lease too .

Who are they trying to sell the lease to. No doubt at a large reduced figure than they used to buy the lease.. even though they made a big operating loss .

Not to sugar coat the situation 

NO

your time, chance, opportunity, drive

Have gone up in flames, bitten the dust.. And eventually have died

Time now to except that like us been a little town in Kirklees

Featherstone is a little town in Wakefield Met

Yes a town steeped in rugby league folklore and a proud history in mining, it's all come to a sad end. 

Aim to be the best little club outside super league, you've done and fulfilled that position over the last decade. 

Next season will possibly be Featherstone's best season as there is no expectation on the players shoulders, and the fans should set their sights on just competing, not coming top.. But just getting in the play offs, if super league had wanted Featherstone in.. They would be in. 

I expect Bradford to enter super league before Featherstone ever get the chance. 

Hopefully you and your team will prove me wrong 🤔

36 minutes ago, coolie said:

NO

Yes a town steeped in rugby league folklore and a proud history in mining, it's all come to a sad end. 

Aim to be the best little club outside super league, you've done and fulfilled that position over the last decade. 

Next season will possibly be Featherstone's best season as there is no expectation on the players shoulders, and the fans should set their sights on just competing, not coming top.. But just getting in the play offs, if super league had wanted Featherstone in.. They would be in. 

I expect Bradford to enter super league before Featherstone ever get the chance. 

Don't hold yer breath C.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, coolie said:

NO

I think you're absolutely right, and I've said before, the removal of that pressure and expectation will hopefully make next season more enjoyable to watch.  I, for one, have spent a couple of seasons expecting to be promoted, but that has definitely removed some of the enjoyment.  I'm looking forward to watching a team that might finish top, but might not (maybe just me that fell for the hype!).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, coolie said:

NO

I've hardly been the last couple of years..........winning easy week in week out is boring.

I think if we fall back into the pack a little the games will be much better to watch.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, POR said:

here you go T

Performance 2.17    
Fandom 3.95    
Finances 2.75    
Stadium 0.89    
Community 2.25

Jokers.........what is the point in separating clubs into A B and C then giving everyone a score to the accuracy of 2 decimal places 🤣

If B's were all the same and then judged on performance on the field then fair enough but this is just rubbish.

Bradfords worst 2 scores are Stadium (falling to bits) and Performance (Rubbish rugby team in recent years) the 2 most important parts IMO yet they are only 0.42 behind Leigh who won the challenge cup and finished in the Super League Play Offs and play in a brand new stadium.

ULTIMATELY if you can get a good score with a poor team and terrible stadium then I'd question the merits of the whole thing.

I suppose this is the problem when the sport is effectively run by 5/6 clubs that operate in a different world to everyone else in the game.

I wonder what their plan is for the shrinking player pool once everyone outside SL can't afford decent wages..........Most SL clubs can't afford a large squad now.

12 minutes ago, tuutaisrambo said:

Jokers.........what is the point in separating clubs into A B and C then giving everyone a score to the accuracy of 2 decimal places 🤣

Exactly. Either all As are equivalent, all Bs are equivalent, all Cs are equivalent, or you rank people on score. Having both is pointless.

21 minutes ago, Michael Bates said:

Exactly. Either all As are equivalent, all Bs are equivalent, all Cs are equivalent, or you rank people on score. Having both is pointless.

Indeed, the letter gradings are pretty meaningless/misleading. If you get above 15 you're guaranteed a place in SL, and if you get below 7.5 you're not allowed in SL. Apart from that, it's just the 12 teams with the highest number of points each year who will be in SL the following season.

3 hours ago, tuutaisrambo said:

I've hardly been the last couple of years..........winning easy week in week out is boring.

I think if we fall back into the pack a little the games will be much better to watch.

Your right this season will be great for the Featherstone fans to watch, nothing expected, weight is on other team's shoulders, just enjoy contested games, winning can be boring if your streets ahead. 

Fan's just back the team and enjoy the ride.. Its going to be fun🤔

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, coolie said:

Your right this season will be great for the Featherstone fans to watch, nothing expected, weight is on other team's shoulders, just enjoy contested games, winning can be boring if your streets ahead. 

Fan's just back the team and enjoy the ride.. Its going to be fun🤔

Regardless of what some say,  the games are - friendlies in all but name so it is bound to put a lot/few ? fans off going. But every team will have its diehard fans who will go simply because its THEIR team. 

Edited by Fevrover
  • Like 1

Just now, Fevrover said:

Regardless of watch some say the games are - friendlies in all but name so it is bound to put a lot/few ? fans off going. But every team will have its diehard fans who will go simply because its THEIR team. 

You'll be back to those important fans who turn up, put their hands in their pockets and support the club through their contributions, fair weather fans will drift off and support most probably Wakefield. 

It's a time for Featherstone as a club to heal, release the super league dream that's been a heavy load around your neck. 

For years in some kinda sadistic jealous streak I've wanted you to fail at every turn, taking joy when the wheels fall off your bus.. 

But now it's happened there's nothing but a sense of sadness 

All the time, money, hopes, dreams, aspirations of the chairman, players and most of all those fans who thought they would see a happy ending of Featherstone in super league.. Its now gone, forever I don't know, it may happen down the line. 

We shall see won't we 🤔

2 minutes ago, coolie said:

You'll be back to those important fans who turn up, put their hands in their pockets and support the club through their contributions, fair weather fans will drift off and support most probably Wakefield. 

It's a time for Featherstone as a club to heal, release the super league dream that's been a heavy load around your neck. 

For years in some kinda sadistic jealous streak I've wanted you to fail at every turn, taking joy when the wheels fall off your bus.. 

But now it's happened there's nothing but a sense of sadness 

All the time, money, hopes, dreams, aspirations of the chairman, players and most of all those fans who thought they would see a happy ending of Featherstone in super league.. Its now gone, forever I don't know, it may happen down the line. 

We shall see won't we 🤔

Yer get used to it almost come to expect it really, i know its easy to say now but there were plenty who weren't bothered about going up as they weren't looking forward to getting hammered every week. Some were genuinely upset because their elderly relatives would never see us in SL but neither will they way its going.