The IMG Gradings Thread - Post all your IMG Gradings related questions or comments here

1 hour ago, Toby Chopra said:

Promotion and relegation is over. We're back to licensing, albeit done slightly differently. There's not supposed to be regular annual change, and there won't be.

Whatever one thinks about that approach, once you look at it like that, you realise the minutiae isn't something for people to pore over unless they're anoraks (like us!).

In what way is it different ? 

24 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

If we lost our SL place without finishing in a ' relegation ' position due to ridiculous ' metric ' then that will be me done as well , I doubt I'd be on my own 

If we finish mid table next year and get ' removed ' ( not putting relegated because that's what happens when you lose your position due to a sporting contest ) it will kill Leigh as a RL club IMO , you might as well knock the LSV down because the attendances will fit in the Harriers stadium 

This will apply to whoever misses out , essentially you have 4 clubs chasing 2 spots , 7 A grade , Salford and the Giants are safe ( Salford financial I plosion avoided ) then Toulouse ( not sure how they are positioned 10th ) leaving Leigh,Cas,wakey and the Bulls , one of Cas or Wakey will get the nod as otherwise there won't be any club from their metro area ( sorry Fev lads , this was your year , it's gone , and so are you IMO ) 

So it's one of Leigh , the Bulls and one of Cas or Wakey , if The Bulls miss out they'll still fancy their chances in the future due to their catchment and historical attendances , Wakey might fancy displacing Cas at some point , but for Leigh , we'd be done. IMO 

How to kill a sport 

Knock down LSV? What would the Manchester United's Women's, U23s and U19s teams say if they knew of your plans?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Apart from financial meltdown it will be impossible for any club ( excepting the Bulls if the council sells Odsal for 100 million ) to match any SL club 

So why are you worried about Leigh getting relegated next year if it’s impossible for any club to match a SL club?

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Why would it kill all lower tier clubs? for the majority the IMG grading wont make any difference to the lower tier clubs with regards to promotion and relegation 

True , but for the minority ( the ones at the top usually , Leigh Wakey,Cas Bulls,Fev,Widnes ) it will be catastrophic, and that will have a knock on affect lower down , take the top 4 clubs out of SL and would the rest be better ? 

5 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

So why are you worried about Leigh getting REMOVED next year if it’s impossible for any club to match a SL club?

Because we are currently in 13th position , so are not ' in ' SL in 2025 , we cannot gain points for ' catchment ' , almost impossible to get above the 7,500 threshold due to our season in the Championship , we cannot purchase our stadium ( despite it being almost perfect for SL ) and will be relying on SM input to remain in SL 

And quite simply on principle, I disagree with a closed shop 

And it isn't relegation , that only happens in a sporting contest , somebody will be ' Removed ' 

Edited by GUBRATS

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

True , but for the minority ( the ones at the top usually , Leigh Wakey,Cas Bulls,Fev,Widnes ) it will be catastrophic, and that will have a knock on affect lower down , take the top 4 clubs out of SL and would the rest be better ? 

So you’re predicting that one of or maybe all  Leigh, Wakey , Cas, Bulls or Fev will fold?

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Because we are currently in 13th position , so are not ' in ' SL in 2025 , we cannot gain points for ' catchment ' , almost impossible to get above the 7,500 threshold due to our season in the Championship , we cannot purchase our stadium ( despite it being almost perfect for SL ) and will be relying on SM input to remain in SL 

And quite simply on principle, I disagree with a closed shop 

Strange that you’ve omitted on field performance as one of the metrics to keep you in SL. Because it is one and quite a big one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

This is a back of a fag packet calculation.

Your current three year figure would be 12th, 13th and 5th.  12+13+5=30/3 =10.

Check the RL record keepers to see if the above is correct.

10th position should give you 2.9714 points. Add on the 0.25 for the challenge cup win and you are on 3.2214 points.

If next season you finish 6th you'd have 13+5+6= 24/3 =8.

So 6th place should have you finishing around 8th in the overall table.

Without knowing how everybody else has done the above would be an estimate.

8th place would give you 3.2000 points.

So finishing 6th would likely give you less points than this season.

AFTER POSTING THIS I THOUGHT ON ABOUT NEWCASTLE>

SEE BELOW

Can just see the coaches team talk next year

”Come on lads, its a big game today, a real 0.14 pointer with them being just below us.  Win today and another 0.011 points next week and we should be safe”

• Thanks 2

So you’re predicting that one of or maybe all  Leigh, Wakey , Cas, Bulls or Fev will fold?

No , they will cease to be a potential future SL club , as I put , the Bulls might still have a chance due to location and history , but the rest ( whoever is ' out ' will wither 

• Like 1

Strange that you’ve omitted on field performance as one of the metrics to keep you in SL. Because it is one and quite a big one.

So tell me , as you are obviously much cleverer than me , what do Leigh need to achieve to make up the difference in points ? 

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

They need to finish in the best position they can, so you’ve basically written your team off then?

What I will tell you , it's tainted the season before it's even started , and this after the best season I've seen for 40 years 

13 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

So now three clubs (that we know of) received the wrong score. Possibly more to come.

Looks like the legal profession will have another source of income this time next year. 

I've heard of Castleford and Barrow, who's the other one?

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

58 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

They are moving into new facilities in a couple of years 

Ok. Go ahead then. Cut your nose off to spite your face. Join the trusty band of followers who say they've done with the game......but in reality haven't.

1 minute ago, JohnM said:

Ok. Go ahead then. Cut your nose off to spite your face. Join the trusty band of followers who say they've done with the game......but in reality haven't.

I lost interest last time , but this would be much worse 

• Like 1