Seven Rob Burrow Podcast

That clip was staggering.

The tech behind Burrow being able to 'speak' through AI generated speech based on samples of his voice from interviews etc. really is amazing.  It was like listening to him, clearly not the intonation in his speech but so obviously his voice.

Apart from this type of media stuff, the ability for him to continue to communicate with his family at this time must be a real bonus despite such terrible circumstances. 

One of those times when technology really does provide human value.

• Like 9

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

That clip was staggering.

The tech behind Burrow being able to 'speak' through AI generated speech based on samples of his voice from interviews etc. really is amazing.  It was like listening to him, clearly not the intonation in his speech but so obviously his voice.

Apart from this type of media stuff, the ability for him to continue to communicate with his family at this time must be a real bonus despite such terrible circumstances. 

One of those times when technology really does provide human value.

Yes the technology is pretty incredible and makes a huge difference to people that have lost their ability to communicate.

It's still monotone, but there's rhythm and a more natural feel to previous versions of the tech.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 episodes featuring 7 sporting LEGENDS   - is the johnny wilkinson one an 8th one or the pilot episode as a warm up for the 7 sporting legends? - whos kenny logan? did he sing "footloose"

Edited by graveyard johnny

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

7 episodes featuring 7 sporting LEGENDS   - is the johnny wilkinson one an 8th one or the pilot episode as a warm up for the 7 sporting legends? - whos kenny logan? did he sing "footloose"

I'd say Wilkinson is higher up the list than Rooney, at least he won a world cup. Kenny Logan however. Or Mr Gabby Yorath to use his more recognised contribution to sport is a bit of a strange selection I guess it is linked to something he did with or for Doddie weir.

2 hours ago, Midlands hobo said:

I'd say Wilkinson is higher up the list than Rooney, at least he won a world cup. Kenny Logan however. Or Mr Gabby Yorath to use his more recognised contribution to sport is a bit of a strange selection I guess it is linked to something he did with or for Doddie weir.

You would be correct.

https://kennylogansrwcchallenge.com/

3 hours ago, The Masked Poster said:

You seriously think this is only aimed at Radio Leeds listeners? As the youth say "SMH". 

Rob Burrow though is a bloody cheeky sod. 😁😁

No, but they're producing it. Burrow is much funnier than those who usually do RL on there and asks better questions!

On 16/11/2023 at 19:24, Midlands hobo said:

Maybe it's because Kenny Logan has had his own health problems.  That would've been my guess, anyway.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

• 1 month later...