Newcastle

Fenton Knight

36 minutes ago, GaryHall said:

The last few times I have been the small stand and the stand behind the posts are the only stands open. 

See ya tomorrow Gary?

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

I really hope Thunder can once more establish themselves and make progress, but for today all sentiment has to go out of the window. The Knights must win very handsomely if we are to progress into the knockout stages of the 1895 cup. If we win both group games then it won't matter, but if we do lose to Wakefield next week, and they will be huge favourites, then we must be the highest placed second placed team. Today gives us the best possible chance to achieve that, we must seize it.

• Like 4

Well done to the boys, not bad for a first hit out and credit to Thunder, scoring the first and last tries in the game. I really hope they can kick on from here and compete in League 1, I hear down the grapevine we might be sending a couple of guys this season, if that’s true, great, and hopefully will benefit both the Thunder who will get some experience and the Knights players who will get game time, as long as it is NOT dual reg, longer term loan deals are the way to go. 

• Like 1

I know you can only play what's in front of you but apparently it was most of the local uni team, was talking to one of their teams dad's beforehand. Didn't really learn anything from watching it apart from some of our lads have spent a lot of time lifting weights by the look! 

Look forward to next week to see where we are, hope the injuries we picked up aren't serious.

• Like 2

Some great try’s yesterday and good individual performances.

Will dagger looked class his second try was a belter.

A lot has been made about the new play the ball rules but I don’t think there was 1 penalty blown for this and we only conceded 2 penalties all match which were both late in the second half hopefully we can carry this discipline on.

Big test against Wakefield next week hopefully a big crowd and a cracking game.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

York Knights agree dual registration deal with Newcastle Thunder

https://www.yorkrlfc.com/post/york-knights-agree-dual-registration-deal-with-newcastle-thunder

• Like 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

• 2 weeks later...