Newcastle

Fenton Knight

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, HolmeKnight said:

Doesn't suit me at all. As far as I'm concerned, Saturdays are for football, Sundays for rugby league. 

I support York City, the Knights and the Valkyrie. I can't be at Hartlepool and Newcastle at the same time!

got to agree , keep RL to sunday, it works why mess the fans about

• Like 1

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

got to agree , keep RL to sunday, it works why mess the fans about

I imagine the switch is at Newcastle's request. It's only a pre-season comp that we should comfortably win (with all due respect to Thunder),nits not a huge deal.

I hope Thunder go well this year. It would be good if we could send our fringe lads on DR up there to help them out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone, we've had a fans meeting at Thunder tonight.

Tickets are on sale for our game against York on the front page of our website. You may have to be a bit patient as we're starting from scratch but for those who want to buy you can in advance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

with the knights now away at newcastle on sat 27th of jan the Acorn are being streamed on the sportsman on the sun in the challenge cup , so 2 cup matches for york rl fans to watch🤩

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

not me , radio york wins this one .

Think you'll find if York City and Harrogate Town are playing that afternoon i can't see the knights been on Radio York.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DEANO said:

Who’s going

3 of us. Making a weekend of it and staying over Saturday night.  Flags and drums at the ready. It's a pretty low key game and I think we'll see a few fringe players getting a run out but I can't wait to watch a game and get the season going. I'm going to make sure I enjoy it! Can't wait.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Puk said:

Think you'll find if York City and Harrogate Town are playing that afternoon i can't see the knights been on Radio York.

1 hour ago, Puk said:

you can,t deny andy a day out on the toon

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Puk said:

Harrogate have no game scheduled for sat

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 20/01/2024 at 16:47, Puk said:

Oh contraire, my friend. We'll be there, on air, as ever.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 15/01/2024 at 20:49, Phil W said:

Hi everyone, we've had a fans meeting at Thunder tonight.

Tickets are on sale for our game against York on the front page of our website. You may have to be a bit patient as we're starting from scratch but for those who want to buy you can in advance.

How's things shaping up Phil. No mention of a squad for Saturday?

58 minutes ago, Nige Arro said:

How's things shaping up Phil. No mention of a squad for Saturday?

There'll be a squad out but very young and inexperienced. I believe the first training session was last Thursday and these games have come too soon to be honest. So will be used to have a look at players. Given we've got to the start line that's the main thing for us, we know York and Wakefield will be really tough games.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Phil W said:

There'll be a squad out but very young and inexperienced. I believe the first training session was last Thursday and these games have come too soon to be honest. So will be used to have a look at players. Given we've got to the start line that's the main thing for us, we know York and Wakefield will be really tough games.

Good luck to the boys who turn out, it will be a tough ask and hopefully won’t demoralise them if they get well beaten by the Knights and Trinity, you have done amazingly well to get this far after what happened, it is, as you say, a bit too early to come up against two teams that have had a full off season to prepare, things can only get better, the main thing is you are back and I hope when your regular season starts you can string some good results together. Always had a soft spot for the Thunder.

• Like 11

It’s been a while since my last trip to Kingston Park. Thinking of Train and Metro. Do Knights fans still congregate in the big stand opposite the smaller main stand?

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

2 hours ago, White Knight said:

It’s been a while since my last trip to Kingston Park. Thinking of Train and Metro. Do Knights fans still congregate in the big stand opposite the smaller main stand?

Did last time I went

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

4 hours ago, White Knight said:

The last few times I have been the small stand and the stand behind the posts are the only stands open. 

• Thanks 1