3rd round Oldham at home.

Clarkey

Excellent tie and I expect a very close game,although the Roughyeds are in League One at the moment they probably have a Championship playing roster.

Looking forward to this and thankfully we got a home tie,hoping a fair few Oldham fans make the trip up.

• Like 1

On 29/01/2024 at 19:01, pennington said:

Yeah should be a tough game but at least it will be some much needed funds from the game. Then Swinton away if we manage to win that game 

BBC have chosen us for the Saturday game. That'll put a few off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raider83 said:

"as this stage of the competition there is no money from being chosen for the televised game."

That's what Barrow Raiders put on Facebook 

That's awful! So have they dictated the day and kick off time? Seen as there is no money benefit for you guys could the club not of turned round and said they don't want it? 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

That's awful! So have they dictated the day and kick off time? Seen as there is no money benefit for you guys could the club not of turned round and said they don't want it? 

Yes they have, I know there's a stink being kicked up by alot of fans because of the day/time. It doesn't affect me, I can go but alot are saying they're working so can't make it. So to be on BBC we are losing ticket sales really

• Like 1

Reckon League 1 Oldham could be favourites on Saturday.  They drew with Super League London this week and previously beat Halifax and hammered Keighley. With Stack missing, we really need Tom Walker back.

• Like 1

I'm a little bit concerned about the weather forecast for later in the week.

- Temperatures are dipping; possible snow on Thursday/Friday

- Below zero overnight going into the weekend with a high of 6. 

I'm wondering how playable the pitch might be with a 12:30 kick-off? We only just got away with it in a couple off the friendlies due to the later kick off times

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 2Cents said:

Reckon League 1 Oldham could be favourites on Saturday.  They drew with Super League London this week and previously beat Halifax and hammered Keighley. With Stack missing, we really need Tom Walker back.

Walker won't be playing till 1st league game at the earliest apparently. Clarke will be missing as well for you won't he? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Walker won't be playing till 1st league game at the earliest apparently. Clarke will be missing as well for you won't he? 

11 days before he can even train again. I would guess he would be back for the swinton game. 

• Like 1