2024 attendance thread

16 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Leeds united in the soccer Championship being a good parallel to Wakey this year 

Football teams being galvanised after being relegated are too many to name, particularly for some reason when they drop into non league, though of course some teams have withered and died when the same happened to them.  

• Like 4

On 19/03/2024 at 22:59, EggFace said:

No wonder I got rid of Sky Sports...in this day and age we should be able to pick our own Sporting package

What, like having every game available live on* Sky?

*I know later in the season the non feature games will likely be the red button rather than the main Sky channels, but still it’s far more than we’ve ever had before

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

What, like having every game available live on* Sky?

*I know later in the season the non feature games will likely be the red button rather than the main Sky channels, but still it’s far more than we’ve ever had before

Lat week looked forward to the Penrith v Parra game and it wasn't on Sky just the Dolphins etc but I was sold the deal that every Super League and NRL deal was on Sky when the lass was wrong...also no Storm or Manly game last weekend.

Bold prediction time to the nearest 1,000.

Panthers v Broncos: 18,500

Warriors v Raiders: 18,000

Rorters v Bunnies: 38,500

Doggies v Titans: 13,500

Drags v Cows: 14,000

Tiggers v Sharkies: 17,000

Eels v Seagles: 24,500

Knights v Storm: 21,500

Edited by Sports Prophet

7 hours ago, EggFace said:

Lat week looked forward to the Penrith v Parra game and it wasn't on Sky just the Dolphins etc but I was sold the deal that every Super League and NRL deal was on Sky when the lass was wrong...also no Storm or Manly game last weekend.

It's 3 NRL games per week. 

• Like 1

465 is the stated attendance at the Midlands Hurricanes v Rochdale Hornets game. An improvement on the couple of games I attended last season and something to build on. 

• Like 1

Wakey are doing the basics right in the Championship - scoring img points and generating interest. The ST deal was numbers not cash designed with the gamble being they buy a ST in SL, but focussed on family not adults and families enjoy the occasion with the result being secondary to a degree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

It's 3 NRL games per week. 

In that case, I am assuming it is every game televised on Channel 9. Thursday and Friday nights (later kick off for the latter) and Sunday arvo. Sound right?

10 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Wakey are doing the basics right in the Championship - scoring img points and generating interest. The ST deal was numbers not cash designed with the gamble being they buy a ST in SL, but focussed on family not adults and families enjoy the occasion with the result being secondary to a degree.

I would advise clubs practice their leisure safely to avoid “ST deals”. Especially where families are involved.

13 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

In that case, I am assuming it is every game televised on Channel 9. Thursday and Friday nights (later kick off for the latter) and Sunday arvo. Sound right?

I think it's a bit more random than that tbh. 

We've got Thurs/Fri/Sat for the next couple of weeks, then a Sunday, they we have a Friday and a Saturday double header. There is obviously a selection person, not sure whether that's on game attractiveness for UK audience, or based on Sky schedules. 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

We've got Thurs/Fri/Sat for the next couple of weeks, then a Sunday, they we have a Friday and a Saturday double header. There is obviously a selection person, not sure whether that's on game attractiveness for UK audience, or based on Sky schedules. 

Interesting. 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

You not watching Panthers v Broncs now?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EggFace said:

Did Sky say they’d be showing every NRL game? 

4 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

You not watching Panthers v Broncs now?

Yeah, working from home has benefits for these Thursday matches! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EggFace said:

The lady over the phone did but then I bet she didn't have a clue about what I was taking about.

She was probably amazed anyone orders a Sky package over the phone in 2024. 

20 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I ring them at least once a year to see what deals are on offer. They are always very friendly, and I always end up better off (or less out of pocket as Mrs Exiled would frame it). If you have a few minutes to spare of course. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Let's be honest though all of this is down to a rich new owner. I dread to think what we'd look like in Carter was still here .

5 minutes ago, wakeyranger said:

Let's be honest though all of this is down to a rich new owner. I dread to think what we'd look like in Carter was still here .

Derek and the Wakey lad probably have a huge thing in common - no point filling in small losses over a long time but winning nowt  when you can throw the gamble in a short space and have a much higher chance to succeed 

59 minutes ago, Eddie said:

38 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I ring them at least once a year to see what deals are on offer. They are always very friendly, and I always end up better off (or less out of pocket as Mrs Exiled would frame it). If you have a few minutes to spare of course. 

Yep, speaking to companies LIKE sky is far better than using their website. It's probably the opposite of most companies. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Derek and the Wakey lad probably have a huge thing in common - no point filling in small losses over a long time but winning nowt  when you can throw the gamble in a short space and have a much higher chance to succeed 

Like Fev did, if it works it’s great but if it doesn’t it’s hideous, and winning/losing in the championship play offs is a very fine margin. 

1 hour ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Fair enough, I just cancel online and they get in touch offering a too good to refuse deal. 

• Like 1