Hunslet v Batley 1895 cup

RogerT

No complacency  we need to go there with the same intensity as this week and put the game to bed early hopefully our new aussie export  will get a run out so we can see what he's made of! And Get well wrapped up if your going over apart from the north and south pole must be the coldest place on earth 🥶🤣

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Haha 1

It's Workington at home in CC this week, then Hunslet the week after, but your right bloody cold in summer.

On 07/02/2024 at 17:57, Dog forever said:

It's an awful ground, I never liked it from 1st time I went.

At least you can watch the trains when you get bored, and the car parking is free.

• Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, RogerT said:

Not at the moment they are still on winter maintenance.

😞

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Must admit that sometimes watching the trains and wafting the smoke away was better than the action on the pitch.

It as been corrected, where I was sat I couldn't make out who it was so relied on the Hunslet guy who gave it as Manning.

Job done. No complacency or lack of respect for the opposition. A truly professional performance. It was easy to see from the off, when in possession we were making 60-70 metres and restricting them to only 30-40 meters, forcing them to kick from within their own half. I was speaking with a player after the game and although he was satisfied with the result, he felt that we probably could have put another 30 points past Hunslet, without the errors that we made. That said, although not effective, Hunslet never threw the towel in.

Agree with KTF, we've got yet another Batley full-back in the making, a position we've always been well served in. I think OliB has also blossomed now that he knows he's in the plan and on the teamsheet. I'm starting to think we've pulled together a very competitive squad and I don't fear having to go to Eagles.