set to leave the roosters at the end of next season to join either Japanese or French RU! - what a crying waste of talent - one of the biggest stars of the modern generation and prob on his day and in form the worlds best rugby league player currently - it can be forgiven of the 30 somethings but not our prime talents like JM 

• Like 2

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

He was unlikely to play the FB position he wanted at the Roosters and he didn't want to join the Dragons (understandable) or indeed any NRL club where he might have to play against his old club. 

I don't know if any Super League clubs approached him, but he'd be a very expensive signing. So, French RU it is.

Sad, but we've enjoyed eight years of a marvellous talent.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Almost 130 years of two codes and players have moved between them all that time.

We are fans.  For them, it is a job. That's a big difference. 

The bottom line is I will still enjoy the NRL season in 2025 as much as 2024.

• Like 5

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

9 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Almost 130 years of two codes and players have moved between them all that time.

We are fans.  For them, it is a job. That's a big difference. 

The bottom line is I will still enjoy the NRL season in 2025 as much as 2024.

the damage to the kiwis stance as the worlds no1 international outfit for starters - total waste of talent and denied our greatest assets - so if Ellery Hanley had gone to RU  at 27 it would have been all ok?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

the damage to the kiwis stance as the worlds no1 international outfit for starters - total waste of talent and denied our greatest assets - so if Ellery Hanley had gone to RU  at 27 it would have been all ok?

Not sure what you want me to say.  Of course I want the best players in the world playing Rugby League but just as we got the likes of Jonathan Davies and Billy Boston and many others for their best years, we lose some players as well.

We wanted open pathways for players and not punishments or excommunication when they do.

I am OK with the way things are, knowing we have the better sport.

• Like 6

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Not sure what you want me to say.  Of course I want the best players in the world playing Rugby League but just as we got the likes of Jonathan Davies and Billy Boston and many others for their best years, we lose some players as well.

We wanted open pathways for players and not punishments or excommunication when they do.

I am OK with the way things are, knowing we have the better sport.

we wont have the better sport without the best players 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Yes we will.

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

People said all this when Roger Tuivasa-Sheck went and yet no one really noticed he was gone. The NRL went on to bigger and better things and the next young stars came through.

• Like 5

Is there any reports on which of the French teams are showing interest?

The 3 richest RU clubs in the world are all French. Racing 92 owned by Swiss billionaire Jacky Lorenzetti (worth 4 billion Euros), Stadt Francais owned by German billionaire Hans-Peter Wild (worth 3 billion Euros), and Montpellier owned by Syrian billionaire Mohed Altrad (worth 1.7 billion Euros).

Stadt Francais and Racing 92 are flying high but Montpellier are in bottom place (14th in the Top 14) and might even be relegated (although yo-yo club Perpignan aren't doing that much better).

lets hope hes bluffing - hes worth more than any latrell mitchell or stephen crichton  10 fold

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

People said all this when Roger Tuivasa-Sheck went and yet no one really noticed he was gone. The NRL went on to bigger and better things and the next young stars came through.

would rather see the kiwis take on the kangaroos with RTS and Manu - its not ALL about the NRL

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Damien said:

Ah yes, the Kiwis who just battered Australia without RTS.

because of years of building which includes RTS in that frame of international development  that led to that scoreline which we dont want to be a "one off"

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

Is there any reports on which of the French teams are showing interest?

The 3 richest RU clubs in the world are all French. Racing 92 owned by Swiss billionaire Jacky Lorenzetti (worth 4 billion Euros), Stadt Francais owned by German billionaire Hans-Peter Wild (worth 3 billion Euros), and Montpellier owned by Syrian billionaire Mohed Altrad (worth 1.7 billion Euros).

Stadt Francais and Racing 92 are flying high but Montpellier are in bottom place (14th in the Top 14) and might even be relegated (although yo-yo club Perpignan aren't doing that much better).

Who cares? They are an indistinguishable of posh fatties. 

Genuinely wouldn't mind any Super League club being allowed to break the salary cap to sign him.

Let Danson, Moran or whoever pay him a million a season to keep him in rugby league.

Shout from the rooftops that we've got an absolute superstar in their prime in Super League.

Oh well, not gonna happen.

26 minutes ago, Welshleaguelover said:

Genuinely wouldn't mind any Super League club being allowed to break the salary cap to sign him.

Let Danson, Moran or whoever pay him a million a season to keep him in rugby league.

Shout from the rooftops that we've got an absolute superstar in their prime in Super League.

Oh well, not gonna happen.

They can anyway.  The marquee rule means they can pay him anything they want.

• Like 5

Just now, Welshleaguelover said:

But surely not if they're already at full cap?

Sure, you can't sign anyone if you are at the full cap.

But Super League clubs can have three marquee players at a maximum of £150k on the cap so we could go after any player in the world if someone was prepared to spend the money.

But without getting into a different discussion, only Toronto have had the ambition to bring a superstar to our league using the marquee rule.

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

Sure, you can't sign anyone if you are at the full cap.

But Super League clubs can have three marquee players at a maximum of £150k on the cap so we could go after any player in the world if someone was prepared to spend the money.

But without getting into a different discussion, only Toronto have had the ambition to bring a superstar to our league using the marquee rule.

Oh yeah, I understand the marquee player rule.

I didn't factor in that if Manu was to move then it would be for 2025. So clubs would have plenty of time find the cap space in advance.

And yeah, completely agree regarding Toronto.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Futtocks said:

He was unlikely to play the FB position he wanted at the Roosters and he didn't want to join the Dragons (understandable) or indeed any NRL club where he might have to play against his old club. 

I don't know if any Super League clubs approached him, but he'd be a very expensive signing. So, French RU it is.

Sad, but we've enjoyed eight years of a marvellous talent.

Hopefully will end up being a bit like Mark Gasnier and will be able to be lured back after getting the union bug out of his system, Warriors would be good.

• Like 2