Fri 16th Feb: SL: Leigh Leopards v Huddersfield Giants KO 8pm (Sky/SL+)

Who will win?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/02/24 at 20:30

Concern for Connor, got a bit of a belt as he came down with the ball.

Aha, head shot from somebody, that should be a card.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Oof Leutele knew straight away he had connected there.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, StandOffHalf said:

I think you punish the first offense. It's an interesting philosophical argument.

That isn't how it works, an extreme example, if a player knocks on and then thumps somebody, it isn't a scrum.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, Padge said:

That isn't how it works, an extreme example, if a player knocks on and then thumps somebody, it isn't a scrum.

A knock-on is a technical infringement; thumping someone is a foul.

Not comparable.

Two thumpings = pen against #1 thumper.

1 minute ago, dboy said:

Not comparable.

I always thought that rabbit was a dirty so and so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Sam Hewitt has had a decent game so far for Hudds, been a handful.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

10 minutes ago, LeeF said:

The first offence was him trying to play the ball when not in control. It’s really that simple. 

It's hard to stay ''in control'' or on one's feet when someone pulls down illegally.

6 minutes ago, dboy said:

Not comparable.

I said an extreme example.

Offences carry weight and refs play a wait and see game very often (advantage) to see what happens..

Players have been told, do not play the ball illegally as you will be penalised, it has obviously been given priority. Totally the ball players fault.

Why did he try to play the ball knowing someone was pulling him back?

Edited by Padge

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

8 minutes ago, Padge said:

A penalty supercedes a technical infringement.

Anyway, I'm getting back to the game(s).

3 minutes ago, Padge said:

Offences carry weight and refs play a wait and see game very often (advantage) to see what happens..

Players have been told, do not play the ball illegally as you will be penalised, it has obviously been given priority. Totally the ball players fault.

The player pulled him down after he had regained his feet.. Milner was the one conning the ref and exploiting the interpretations IMO.

2 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

A penalty supercedes a technical infringement.

Anyway, I'm getting back to the game(s).

Read my post above.

1 minute ago, StandOffHalf said:

The player pulled him down after he had regained his feet.. Milner was the one conning the ref and exploiting the interpretations IMO.

Irrelevant, players have been told you will be penalised for playing the ball illegally.

If you want a penalty wait for the ref to give it, don't try to milk it.

He knew he was being pulled back but decided to play the ball illegally thinking he could get a penalty, he didn't tough.

Nice try.

Abacus for the commentator please.

19 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

It's hard to stay ''in control'' or on one's feet when someone pulls down illegally.

So don’t play the ball. BTW he was never “in control” 

10 minutes ago, Padge said:

Irrelevant, players have been told you will be penalised for playing the ball illegally.

If you want a penalty wait for the ref to give it, don't try to milk it.

He knew he was being pulled back but decided to play the ball illegally thinking he could get a penalty, he didn't tough.

Let's agree to disagree.

Just now, LeeF said:

So don’t play the ball. BTW he was never “in control” 

He was on his feet and would have been stable enough to play the ball, if he hadn't been dragged down illegally. I think that is sufficient, or should be sufficient.

27 minutes ago, Padge said:

You didn't give an "extreme" example, you gave a wrong example.

It is, however, hard for the ball-player now = play as quick as you can/as quick as you've earned (and risk being penalised)...or don't play it because you know you have been interfered with (and risk not getting the advantage you have earned)...

Cue Mr Bentham...

• Like 2

Just now, dboy said:

You didn't give an "extreme" example, you gave a wrong example.

It is, however, hard for the ball-player now = play as quick as you can/as quick as you've earned (and risk being penalised)...or don't play it because you know you have been interfered with (and risk not getting the advantage you have earned)...

Cue Mr Bentham...

The example is correct, are you saying it should be a scrum.

Dunno why this has become a dull argument about nothing (actually I do), the second half was a much better game. Huddersfield will be pleased with that; gave away too much territory but defended very well on the goal line. Well deserved win, Leigh didn't have enough to break them down.

• Like 2

Please Sky, don’t televise every game. 

That was boring and thank God I couldn’t make it tonight live. 

Slow, uninspiring, grubby, little skill and I feel sorry for the 8500 people watching that live ! ( but not that shi****use with the drum !) 😂😂

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Padge said:

The example is correct, are you saying it should be a scrum.

I said...

"A knock-on is a technical infringement; thumping someone is a foul.

Not comparable.

Two thumpings = pen against #1 thumper."

How do you find that as suggesting a scrum decision? I didn't even comment on the specific incident, just the point of Law in RL.

If you'd read the post properly, you'd see I'm supporting the point you made originally.

Please don't complain to Admin.

Edited by dboy