Sunday 25th Feb: CC R4: Swinton Lions V Oldham: KO 6:00pm, Heywood Road, Sale.

Bedford Roughyed

6 minutes ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

A patient Swinton v a panicky Roughyeds so far. Two dropped high kicks. A silly offload. A definite and stupid penalty. Need to calm down here. 

Not a great start....

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

12 minutes ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Wake up call here. Believing our own publicity? Mo having the worst 14 playing minutes of his life. If we don’t score next this is game over.

Totally agree and why is astley letting the ball bounce!!!! Its terrible start, cant believe its the same team 

Sean Long’s first real test at half time. Getting a lesson so far. Passing to the outside backs is abysmal. Panic attacking. Basic skills poor. It’ll take a much better second half to come out of this with anything. 
And proving that I know b*gg*r all about anything we score a very good try. Come on Oldham!!

The ref has been outstanding so far. Looks about 10 but on top of this one absolutely.

• Like 1

A try at last. Oldham unfortunately looked very nervous and first 10 mins must have made them worse. Anyway we are on the score board now, see what second half brings but needs to be a huge improvement and get rid of the nerves and mistakes

When brute force isn’t working there needs to be some brain - and we haven’t had it. No plan B. The question is - what do we learn from this. The poorest aspect for me has been the lack of ability to change a plan or style if that’s not working and the one dimensional senior players. But what do you do when the backs can’t catch a ball? Work to be done before York.

Saving ourselves for York lol

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I’ve held  back from commenting on this page for a few weeks because of the disrespect our fan base/Board as showed to other clubs and  players. We scrapped past a under strengthened Halifax and barrow side, granted the Halifax win was a great day but our budget will be bigger than there’s. We was so disrespectful to our rivals Rochdale and former players who played a second string side and was very unconvincing and when they brought on players such as Andrade wilkinson and baker off the bench we looked equaled and drew the second half 12-12. 

our forward pack is as good as anything outside of super league and I’ve been really unimpressed with our dummy half’s.

Yes, we will walk league one but with our budget we should only be concerned about Toulouse and Wakefield outside of super league. Are players here for the wrong reasons ? 

Edited by ManchesterYed
  • Haha 1

Poor that. Backs were abysmal. Forwards one dimensional. A well coached unit beat a badly coordinated set of players who didn’t appear to have the ability to change a plan that wasn’t working. It’s not the end of the world. It’s still early days but a bit of a test for Sean and the senior players to learn and develop from that. Well done Swinton. My worry being in league one is that we’ll batter some teams very easily which doesn’t develop the skills and mental capacities to raise your hand against the bigger teams. Work to be done.

22 minutes ago, ManchesterYed said:

I’ve held  back from commenting on this page for a few weeks because of the disrespect our fan base/Board as showed to other clubs and  players. We scrapped past a under strengthened Halifax and barrow side, granted the Halifax win was a great day but our budget will be bigger than there’s. We was so disrespectful to our rivals Rochdale and former players who played a second string side and was very unconvincing and when they brought on players such as Andrade wilkinson and baker off the bench we looked equaled and drew the second half 12-12. 

our forward pack is as good as anything outside of super league and I’ve been really unimpressed with our dummy half’s.

Yes, we will walk league one but with our budget we should only be concerned about Toulouse and Wakefield outside of super league. Are players here for the wrong reasons ? 

You critised our fans for showing disrespect to other clubs (you are correct)

Then in the next breath you do exactly the same thing.

"We will walk the league,we should only be concerned about Wakefield and Toulouse"

A lot of daft over reaction going on after one loss.

• Like 1