Sat 2nd Mar: SL: Salford Red Devils v Hull KR KO 5.30pm (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Hull KR

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/24 at 18:00

4 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

Throwing a pint at sneyd in post match info.

Classy

After the game Marc Sneyd was rightly named Man of the Match after his kicking game proved to be the difference against Hull KR.

As he spoke to Sky Sports, Sneyd said: “Last week we were very 50/50 in the way that we played against Castleford but got the win. We really wanted to go on and build on that win,”

However, as he spoke footage seemed to show fluid thrown at him as Sneyd was surrounded by Hull KR fans where the interview took place.

He responded: “I’ve just had a pint thrown at me. That’s nice isn’t it? It’s typical. Leave them to it, they’re alright.”

He would carry on the interview professionally saying:  “It was one of those games. It’s the perfect conditions for my kind of a player. It genuinely does make it a lot easier to kick a ball. You’ve just got to steer the ship and give them the best instructions you can and make sure you’re finishing how you want to be finishing.

“It’s very difficult for any team to throw it around in these kind of conditions. So whoever kicks better and is willing to work hard comes out on top. We’re happy to take the two points and we seem to be moving in the right direction.”

Very impressive by Sneyd, not to react or make too much of a meal out of it.

Good on him.

• Like 7
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

35 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

After the game Marc Sneyd was rightly named Man of the Match after his kicking game proved to be the difference against Hull KR.

As he spoke to Sky Sports, Sneyd said: “Last week we were very 50/50 in the way that we played against Castleford but got the win. We really wanted to go on and build on that win,”

However, as he spoke footage seemed to show fluid thrown at him as Sneyd was surrounded by Hull KR fans where the interview took place.

He responded: “I’ve just had a pint thrown at me. That’s nice isn’t it? It’s typical. Leave them to it, they’re alright.”

He would carry on the interview professionally saying:  “It was one of those games. It’s the perfect conditions for my kind of a player. It genuinely does make it a lot easier to kick a ball. You’ve just got to steer the ship and give them the best instructions you can and make sure you’re finishing how you want to be finishing.

“It’s very difficult for any team to throw it around in these kind of conditions. So whoever kicks better and is willing to work hard comes out on top. We’re happy to take the two points and we seem to be moving in the right direction.”

Very impressive by Sneyd, not to react or make too much of a meal out of it.

Good on him.

Is it because he's an ex Hull FC player? If so, do they react like this to all ex Hull FC players or just this one?

13 hours ago, meast said:

The real deal thing came from radio Humberside a couple of years back when they claimed rovers were the real deal after beating a lacklustre Huddersfield side.

I've seen a few KR fans claim they're the real deal too, it's not an obsession, it's amusing, it's like the Warrington " always their year" thing now.

I laugh at a lot of things, life's too short 😉

Well we’re definitely the real deal now 🤣

1 hour ago, johnh1 said:

Is it because he's an ex Hull FC player? If so, do they react like this to all ex Hull FC players or just this one?

I imagine so mate, apart from all the players from Hull FC they've signed, obviously.

And it won't help that his two Lance Todd trophy wins helped silence their bastardised version of Old Faithful.

You'd think with the price of beer it's a bit of an expensive way to show your dislike of someone. Mind you, it must have cost them a fortune in the 2023 derby at the MKM when they threw loads of beer over the Hull fans, behaviour that now means they can no longer sit anywhere but the North Stand when they visit.

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

32 minutes ago, meast said:

You weren't last night, more like a half price deal 🙂 

Yeah more like a Tesco Value Meal Deal. Cheese sandwich, salt & vinegar crisps, Pepsi Max.

It’s early in the season though, got to work our way into it. I don’t expect to win every match. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I imagine so mate, apart from all the players from Hull FC they've signed, obviously.

And it won't help that his two Lance Todd trophy wins helped silence their bastardised version of Old Faithful.

You'd think with the price of beer it's a bit of an expensive way to show your dislike of someone. Mind you, it must have cost them a fortune in the 2023 derby at the MKM when they threw loads of beer over the Hull fans, behaviour that now means they can no longer sit anywhere but the North Stand when they visit.

They abused him all game, which is why he saluted them after every successful kick. He just wound them up more. It seems Mickey Lewis didn't ignore the Salford fans and got into exchanges.

Players have to learn to ignore idiots

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Worzel said:

I like this “real deal” obsession if yours. Of course some of us remember it originated from one of my fellow Rovers fans, Hull Kingston Bronco (where is he these days, I liked that guy?), who early last season said Hull KR were the real deal that year, defining ‘real deal’ as likely Top 4 finishers.

You laughed at that and thought it hubris… but remind us, what did the table show after 27 rounds? 🤔 

(Top Tip: if you’re going to create a running joke, it’s better if you’re not the butt of it 🤣🤣🤣👍🏼)

Still here but the Crowman's made him a different posting 'ead  😉

• Haha 2

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

It was clearly set in stone,

As the gloom, the sodden gloom cast over Manchester, we made our way to the ground. Apprehension abound, I switched the radio on, it jumped to Slack City radio and straight up came.

The skies darkened, but the mood was other wise. It seemed right.

KR are a good side Clearly should be in the mix come the autumn, but that Salford performance has certainly warmed me this late winter.

As a side, near was a gang of Germans, who it transpired where on a "Sports wochenende/ Weekend," taking in not just SOlly, but the games at Huddersfield Town and Burnley FC. 

At the end, all smiles and I heard the cries of "Ja das was extraordinary! and "Das war gehr gut." Yeah these lads were mightily  impressed. So was I.

Anyway enjoy the moment as much challenging tasks in Merseyside await.

🙂 Pleased to meet you.

Edited by idrewthehaggis

I know that Hiku is responsible for the dissent that got him binned after this decision, but seriously folks in what world is this not a penalty for the defender preventing the play-the-ball, and in the process putting his opponent in a very dangerous position? No wonder Hiku was annoyed. Clear pen, and could have done his ligaments or worse. 

If this had been correctly given as a penalty to Rovers and no Hiku sin-bin, and the result goes the other way. Terrible decision from a ref who was close enough to see it. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

It was clearly set in stone,

As the gloom, the sodden gloom cast over Manchester, we made our way to the ground. Apprehension abound, I switched the radio on, it jumped to Slack City radio and straight up came.

The skies darkened, but the mood was other wise. It seemed right.

KR are a good side Clearly should be in the mix come the autumn, but that Salford performance has certainly warmed me this late winter.

As a side, near was a gang of Germans, who it transpired where on a "Sports wochenende/ Weekend," taking in not just SOlly, but the games at Huddersfield Town and Burnley FC. 

At the end, all smiles and I heard the cries of "Ja das was extraordinary! and "Das war gehr gut." Yeah these lads were mightily  impressed. So was I.

Anyway enjoy the moment as much challenging tasks in Merseyside await.

🙂 Pleased to meet you.

87% completion rate for Salford, das is gud ya!

• Like 1

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

9 hours ago, Worzel said:

I know that Hiku is responsible for the dissent that got him binned after this decision, but seriously folks in what world is this not a penalty for the defender preventing the play-the-ball, and in the process putting his opponent in a very dangerous position? No wonder Hiku was annoyed. Clear pen, and could have done his ligaments or worse. 

If this had been correctly given as a penalty to Rovers and no Hiku sin-bin, and the result goes the other way. Terrible decision from a ref who was close enough to see it. 

If think the ref was right nothing in it just a knock on by Hiku. 

3 hours ago, bobbruce said:

If think the ref was right nothing in it just a knock on by Hiku. 

Yeah. I mean, that sort of gymnastic forward roll after the tackle has been completed is perfectly normal behaviour, and in no way impeded a quick play-the-ball 2 metres from the goal line whilst also risking injury to the opponent. Quite right. I see your point. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1