Donny away

My first time at the Doncaster stadium on Sunday. Where do people usually sit? Am I right in thinking it’s the unreserved sections in the East stand 

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

2 hours ago, White Knight said:

My first time at the Doncaster stadium on Sunday. Where do people usually sit? Am I right in thinking it’s the unreserved sections in the East stand 

Tickets for the Valks game at Sheffield have been announced,but haven't seen anything about the knights game at Doncaster is it just pay on the day?

4 hours ago, White Knight said:

Same here. It'd be great if we could be together to create a bit of a noise to support the lads.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, only 2 weeks away said:

If memory serves me you buy tickets at the ground and there will probably just be the one stand open.

Quite a price hike for buying on the day so think I'll save a tenner and buy in advance 

Screenshot_20240311_205733_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1

Pretty sure it was one entrance and sit where you like last year for the preseason game but I'm going to buy tickets in block E3 as that's where the majority of Knights fans were gathered last time.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, rich f said:

Pretty sure it was one entrance and sit where you like last year for the preseason game but I'm going to buy tickets in block E3 as that's where the majority of Knights fans were gathered last time.

Just bought 4 tickets for E3 block. 

• Like 1

Hi Knight fans, Dons fan here

Even though it makes you pick a seat when booking the tickets are unreserved seating so you sit wherever you want in the East Stand once you're in. Away fans traditionally sit at the North side of the East Stand, around block E9 and F10 (that's the left end of the pitch as you look at it) but can sit anywhere. You can buy a ticket on the day at the ticket office (not the turnstiles themselves) but my warning is that queues tend to be long for it.

Our last game against  they trialled a new car parking system, which the Rovers have continued to use, so it's probably safe to assume that will still be in place but awaiting the club to confirm. It was cashless and paid either via an app in advance or by scanning a QR code on the posts in the car park.

Other thing that might have changed since last time you came, the bar at the back of the stand behind the glass is now members/hospitality so not general access (unless you pay a fiver to be a member on the day). The concourse bar will be open for the rest of us riff raff and is also cashless.

The club normally post a match day guide a few days before so I'll keep an eye out and forward it onto to here and highlight anything out of the ordinary

Edited by Jemmo
  • Thanks 7

my 17 for donny allowing for suspended and fitness,

1 myler 

2 brown

3  harrison 

4 keinhorst

5 towse

6 hingano

7 harris

8 tai

9 jubb

10 fitzsimmons

11 field 

12 bailey

13 williams 

14 daley 

15 teanby 

16 michael

17 cunningham

21 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

I'd leave Myler at 6. Donaghy full back, Hingano at 13, Williams 17.  

Agree with this.My lineup would be

Donaghy

brown

harrison

keinhorst

towse

myler

harris

taii

jubb

fitzy

field

bailey

hingano 

williams

daley

teanby

Michael 

If TNW does get announced this week I’d put Daley at starting hooker and TNW on the bench for jubb

very disappointing york performance, totally outmuscled by a pack that ran harder and tackled well, we made error after error and our top earners simply did not perform .

oh well couple of weeks for hendo to walk the walk.

• Like 3

Totally agree george, our marquee signings were rubbish yesterday, apart from Ata, Ronan and Josh I thought we were garbage, too many young lightweight lads against a team of older seasoned pros.

I'll never understand why Brown is at full back when Harrison is in the team and why Ward is playing for Newcastle??

It's your team Hendo, time to earn your dosh.

Great to see so many supporters go, I would imagine there will be a few who dont bother going away from home again after that.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, only 2 weeks away said:

Totally agree george, our marquee signings were rubbish yesterday, apart from Ata, Ronan and Josh I thought we were garbage, too many young lightweight lads against a team of older seasoned pros.

I'll never understand why Brown is at full back when Harrison is in the team and why Ward is playing for Newcastle??

It's your team Hendo, time to earn your dosh.

Great to see so many supporters go, I would imagine there will be a few who dont bother going away from home again after that.

Harrison has been solid as a rock every time he's played for us in the full back position. But he's not a centre. Why is it everyone in the ground but Hendo can see that? 

• Like 3

another day spent watching ex york players out play current york players. very frustrating. we seem to be regressing rapidly at present. we offered nothing much going forward and our missed/broken tackle stats must have been horrendous.

• Like 3

Struggling to take many positives from the game. Ata really injected some pace when he came on - great to see. But too many players had an off day. Big shout out to the travelling Knights army. Created a great atmosphere. 

• Like 5

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

Only the first game of the championship season but its highlighted a number of things that need addressing. 

There were a few positives, I thought Ata made a massive difference when he came on, Josh Daley ran himself into the ground and the fans were superb and in good numbers.  Best support I've seen in a while and I hope it continues. 

Not sure where to start with the rest. Love Brown but I don't want to see him at fullback again, he should be on the wing. Myles is not a centre, he's a fullback and AJ looks like he needs a rest and a reset. Can't really remember Lineham touching it. Myler and Williams just didn't seem to click and the kicking was poor.

Individually all the forwards are good players with lots of potential but together they are not big enough. We get bullied down the middle and without Thompson they looked lost.

Yes we had players missing but we have a big squad and should been able to cope with it. That performance was more like what I'd expect from a first preseason game not the opening championship match.

Early days but we urgently need some experienced big nasty forwards and to get them bedded in.

Doncaster worked us out yesterday. If you give us the ball we look good, but if you go down the middle we crumble, make errors, concede penalties and give yardage away. Doncaster weren't that great but they didnt need to be as we made it easy for them. Against the better sides it could get really messy.

Yesterday was a huge disappointment.  There's potentially a good side there, but there's also quite a bit missing and it also feels like we've lost a lot of the momentum and positivity from last season now as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

totally agree, browny has lost his confidence same with AJ , suprised cunningham was not included with his experience and leadership 

It's what happens when players are played routinely out of their best position.

• Like 1

Think we really missed Harris yesterday no one controlled the team myler should have took the game by the scruff of the neck but he just didn’t.After watching every game this season I’m struggling to see what Conor Bailey brings can’t tackle doesn’t produce good metres think we are really light in second row from onwards I’d replace Bailey with Dee but that means Harrison at centre where he struggles really need Levi fit 

• Like 2

Rubbish yesterday, 15 decent minutes at best. Hingano looked good when he came of the bench and it seemed like we were going to kick on with Ronan & Daley going well and causing issues for Donny. Halftime came too early cos we'd have scored another couple if we'd have had another 5 minutes. Instead we come out having learned defensive techniques off Newcastle. Got beat on effort which was disappointing, both second rows made some shocking defensive reads and were very poor when both have looked fairly decent normally. Hopefully it's just one of those days cos I'm not watching stuff like that every week. We need to improve ten-fold for Toulouse otherwise it'll be embarrassing.

I know I don't know what I'm on about as I'm just someone who watches about 10 games a week but I can't get my head round why you'd play a player who's played full back in about 300 SL games at half back, a winger at full back and an international half back at loose off the bench. Plus a player who hasn't had a proper pre-season on the wing in his first game for 6 months, all while sending a full back and a centre/winger to Newcastle. Myler or Harrison at full back, Hingano partnering Williams in the halves, Brown on the wing, Ward in the centre. 

Special mention for all the fans, outstanding support again.

• Like 2

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season