Thur 14 Mar: SL: Salford Red Devils v Wigan Warriors KO 8pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/03/24 at 20:30

It could have been a penalty try. Smith was going towards the ball but Brierley had kicked it and was then tipped over.

It would have been harsh-ish but I think there's a strong argument for penalty try.

• Haha 2

Just now, StandOffHalf said:

It could have been a penalty try. Smith was going towards the ball but Brierley had kicked it and was then tipped over.

It would have been harsh-ish but I think there's a strong argument for penalty try.

Nah I disagree 

• Like 1

It's always a strange one that kind of thing by Smith, he's blatantly playing for the ball, but he doesn't get it and does impede the attacking player. Think the ref got it right, but I would understand if he did penalise Smith also.

1 minute ago, StandOffHalf said:

That is utter ######, unless you are watching a different game,

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Sneyd probably should be sitting down for ten for the high contact on Mago.

Mago was bent over, so there is mitigation. It wasn't all that powerful but it was straight to the head and forced Mago off for an HIA.

Video Ref probably could have interjected there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The 4 of Us said:

And?

And it is very reasonable for a player to not attempt to regain their feet if they think by doing so, they'd put themselves at risk of an injury. It's not as if the Wigan player was 10 yards away, he was right on top of him.

That was cruel on Salford's first half performance to concede right at the end of the half.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

3 minutes ago, Padge said:

Not checked but isn't there a note that says something about the ref calling play on.

Verbal instructions to resolve doubt 6. If any doubt arises as to a tackle, the Referee should give a verbal instruction to “play on” or shout “held” as the case may be.‘

This bit? He couldn’t have been held as he wasn’t touched. Unless a hand on his back was enough. I think he was fair game for Smith.

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

Just now, The 4 of Us said:

Verbal instructions to resolve doubt 6. If any doubt arises as to a tackle, the Referee should give a verbal instruction to “play on” or shout “held” as the case may be.‘

This bit? He couldn’t have been held as he wasn’t touched. Unless a hand on his back was enough. I think he was fair game for Smith.

If the players arm that has the ball is in contact with the ground refs give tackled as soon as a defender touches them now.

• Like 2

Just now, dkw said:

If the players arm that has the ball is in contact with the ground refs give tackled as soon as a defender touches them now.

That has always been so, it's what happens if a player plays dead, does he have to regain his feet.

A player attempting to get up is at risk of being lifted and moved back from a player waiting for him to lift off the ground.

I would think that the way it is used today is that you cannot stand above a player waiting for you to help him push you back, but as an attacker it is on you to complete the tackle.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Padge said:

That is utter ######, unless you are watching a different game,

Brierley was taken out by Smith - whether deliberately or not.

It might have been accidental and only a penalty.

5 minutes ago, The 4 of Us said:

That’s what I was I was alluding in prior post. Shouldn’t he also then say surrender? Watching with sound down!

Yeah, no idea if he did though.

1 minute ago, StandOffHalf said:

Brierley was taken out by Smith - whether deliberately or not.

It might have been accidental and only a penalty.

You are still talking b0ll0ckz, they both went for the ball, one didn't get it. Every challenge for the ball where one player is a penalty by your nonsense. 

Just now, Padge said:

You are still talking b0ll0ckz, they both went for the ball, one didn't get it. Every challenge for the ball where one player is a penalty by your nonsense. 

Smith went into Brierley after the kick. Intent or not, I feel a penalty at least would be justified.

Let's agree to disagree, Padge.

• Like 1

Mago okay to continue after HIA.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, wakeyranger said:

Wonder if Nofoaluma will play?

Yep. Oops.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nofoaluma showing its not always easy for NRL players to step up to Super League. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Speed of that pass from Smith is impressive. 

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Wigan heading for a card pushing the limits