RFL Council Meeting today?

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I've got the date wrong. It's the RFL Council meeting today. That's the one where the current owner of Leigh RLFC has said he'll have his say. He's quoted as saying, "I have kept quiet till now!" . The meeting minutes will no doubt be interesting to read. 

• Haha 1

Last week wasn’t it or it looked like it last Saturday - no pathetic sin bins, low penalty count and six agains, fast ptb and a fast game. Just coincidence I assume, anyway Dana White is looking for a GB/USA/Canada URL break away after meeting with Tom Aspinall and Derek at LSV 2 weeks ago £10m per club funded tv deal- 😉

Edited by sweaty craiq
Spelling
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I've got the date wrong. It's the RFL Council meeting today. That's the one where the current owner of Leigh RLFC has said he'll have his say. He's quoted as saying, "I have kept quiet till now!" . The meeting minutes will no doubt be interesting to read. 

Who are Leigh RLFC? Showing your age there John but I wouldn't expect you to name any other club with the name they dropped years ago, albeit I would still prefer it that way.

I thought Mr B said it was last week, the Wednesday following the Leeds game, I was anticipating some fallout from the meeting but if it was last week and we obviously heard nothing and they did not keep him quiet and fine him, perhaps what he said carried some resonance with the council, or you could be correct and the meeting is today.

28 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Who are Leigh RLFC? Showing your age there John but I wouldn't expect you to name any other club with the name they dropped years ago, albeit I would still prefer it that way.

I thought Mr B said it was last week, the Wednesday following the Leeds game, I was anticipating some fallout from the meeting but if it was last week and we obviously heard nothing and they did not keep him quiet and fine him, perhaps what he said carried some resonance with the council, or you could be correct and the meeting is today.

Oops. Sorry. Leigh SCL

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/04587402/officers

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Last week wasn’t it or it looked like it last Saturday - no pathetic sin bins, low penalty count and six agains, fast ptb and a fast game. Just coincidence I assume, anyway Dana White is looking for a GB/USA/Canada URL break away after meeting with Tom Aspinall and Derek at LSV 2 weeks ago £10m per club funded tv deal- 😉

The name Leigh Power Slap has a certain ring about it. 🙂

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

The name Leigh Power Slap has a certain ring about it. 🙂

No Town names just the move so it could be The ground strikers v the naked chokes or the Sprawls v the Double legs. Can’t wait for the new dawn

12 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

No Town names just the move so it could be The ground strikers v the naked chokes or the Sprawls v the Double legs. Can’t wait for the new dawn

Ah, not excluding females,I see.

22 hours ago, meast said:

Is this the one where Cringey Derek was going in his overalls?

He also said this:

"My thing that makes me the most nervous is the rule changes," he said. "I don't support it whatsoever. If someone wants to create a new version of rugby league then do that.

"Rugby league has already gone too far away from what rugby league was, in my opinion. In terms of what players want to play and in terms of what people want to watch. It's why we've got less people watching it and less companies wanting to broadcast it for less money. If people can't see that, then I don't know what's wrong. You've got to get back to what people want to watch, going back to gladiatorial type in the Roman ages, putting lions in with people"

Maybe he's thinking of going back to Leigh Centurions?

Edited by Dave W

1 hour ago, Dave W said:

He also said this:

"My thing that makes me the most nervous is the rule changes," he said. "I don't support it whatsoever. If someone wants to create a new version of rugby league then do that.

"Rugby league has already gone too far away from what rugby league was, in my opinion. In terms of what players want to play and in terms of what people want to watch. It's why we've got less people watching it and less companies wanting to broadcast it for less money. If people can't see that, then I don't know what's wrong. You've got to get back to what people want to watch, going back to gladiatorial type in the Roman ages, putting lions in with people"

Maybe he's thinking of going back to Leigh Centurions?

Dont know about leopards…..his thinking seems to be more related to dinosaurs

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

In the interest of the full transparency demanded by others on other topics, when are we likely to hear how Beaumont got on " not being silenced".  Info, Binky?

Edited by JohnM

1 minute ago, JohnM said:

In the interest of the full transparency demanded by others on other topics, when are we likely to hear how Beaumont got on " not being silenced".  Info, Binky?

You do seem obsessed by this one post that he made two weeks ago?

He said, " Fine me but you won’t silence me”.  Looks like they haven't fined him and have silenced him though.  Now, isn't that better than obsessing about refs, lions and the past? 

• Sad 1