Dewsbury Giants v Batley Bulldogs

3 hours ago, john beer said:

As disappointed as we all are, I think singling players out for this kind of criticism after two games is wrong.

Watching that game during the first 20 mins we would all have thought nothing but a Batley win.

Dewsbury's defence was very very good imo and we have to credit that massively not just say it's Batley who cant attack

Let's remember ...on another day we get two early tries and and in the second half their interception doesn't go to hand and their brilliant 40/20 doesn't come off..it's a totally different game then.

Let's stick together and realise all games this year will be tricky.... Onwards....

Players will have to get used to not getting the pats on the back used to criticism from the fans… 

we could still be playing now and we’d struggle to unlock their defence 

dewsbury played well but aren’t the best side we’ll face in 2024 

will we need a director of football to help the coach? Before it’s too late 

• Like 1

Agree KTF! We're so pleased to have the great write-ups, good progress in 1895, the beating of Widnes, the performance v Cas, forgetting that we threw the Fev league game then just didn't turn up at Friday's party. The squad wasn't strengthened enough to cover what we lost, some who were expected to be squad members and gain experience were thrown in to first 17 places, trialists like Rhodes (is he still with us? Big lad) get 1 game. If we're so seriously short of money it's not going to get better and regular fans have done all they can, buying every ticket we're asked to, attend here and there at functions, concerts. We can't do any more, so where do we go?

1 hour ago, phildog said:

Agree KTF! We're so pleased to have the great write-ups, good progress in 1895, the beating of Widnes, the performance v Cas, forgetting that we threw the Fev league game then just didn't turn up at Friday's party. The squad wasn't strengthened enough to cover what we lost, some who were expected to be squad members and gain experience were thrown in to first 17 places, trialists like Rhodes (is he still with us? Big lad) get 1 game. If we're so seriously short of money it's not going to get better and regular fans have done all they can, buying every ticket we're asked to, attend here and there at functions, concerts. We can't do any more, so where do we go?

You've just listed a string of good performances and then 1 bad day at the office. Is it not a bit early to be sounding the death knell? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Before we get into a run of 'hard lines lads' performances. We were never going to win the Challenge Cup, didn't really matter whether we got to Wembley in the 1895 as there's no financial benefit but the league is a different animal, our bread-and-butter. After a very successful run over the last 3 seasons we're still skint and can't attract players so a lower league placing isn't going to help for the future.

• Like 2

I don't care if it was a disastrous result I'm not throwing myself off the ship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A few cynical comments on here despite it only being the second game of the season! OK so we lost!! after 2 tough games against fev and Cas when everyone was singing their praises! have you all forgotten dewsbury had a week off before this game and we had a short turn around, conditions where tough again this week the boys aren't supermen and I'm  sure they do feel it, and I'm also sure  nobody is more disappointed than them! So get off there backs and see where we are 10 games from now and then see if there's anything to tear them to pieces for!! 

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 5

This club has been punching above its weight for years, and all credit to everyone involved. I doubted last year we would be competitive, and was proven wrong. I am doubting again, and am once more waiting to be proven wrong. It is a long season, and we are only just at the beginning. There's plenty more water to pass under the bridge to be getting too worries just yet.

Yes it was a disappointing outcome on Friday but I’m sure the lads are hurting 

Not one of them goes out to loose They’ll be aware of how bad it was just cut them some slack 

If we’d not lost Jimmy and Josh Rouke to London we’d be in a totally different position player wise 

Loosing them two pre season was a blow ! Two players that were Key to  Mokkos plans By the time we lost them both all the players would be in contract That dealt Mokkos plans a massive blow and we have to remember this ! 

• Like 1

The doom and gloom, nay saying merchants are out again! Take a look at the review of the full match on youtube. The attack was not the issue - we constantly finished the sets on their line - or forced a repeat set, after gaining many more yards per set than them. It was the getting over the line that was the issue. We got the field position and the chance but on numerous occasions but couldn't get over. And that was because Dewsbury scrambling defence was outstanding. That coupled with loss of discipline and not sticking to game plan/process in 2nd half, due to frustration and wind-ups, killed the game off for us.

• Like 1