Fenton Rogers suspended by the Giants

10 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Poor look by both teams if you ask me. 

Effectively zero repercussions. That does now seem to be a recurring theme across the sport.

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Effectively zero repercussions. That does now seem to be a recurring theme across the sport.

The irony is that Bradford played the RFL thing that is played at most grounds at some point last Friday, "Rugby League is a family sport........" but drink driving and assaulting a police officer is totally fine. Empty words by a lot of clubs when it comes to disciplining players.

If Huddersfield want to keep the player no matter the outcome then they could even have spun it the right way for PR purposes. They could have stood the player down and he wouldn't be available for selection for x amount of weeks. He will be training with the youth team, could send him on voluntary community work/alcohol program. Player makes a statement saying what a huge mistake he has made and is thankful for a second chance but will use this as a way to point his mistake out to young people in the hope they do not follow his example. 

It's not exactly rocket science, or they could handle it how they and Bradford have.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

No one knows what Huddersfield found in their internal investigation and if they have in fact punished him internally, what we do know is they have done something and have now lifted his ban to continue his career, he was getting into the 1st team squad so will see being demoted to play at Bradford as a punishment, hopefully.

The fact they suspended him straight away suggests they weren't happy with him, they could have played him at London and awarded him the player of the match award though rather than suspending him!.

On 20/02/2024 at 10:21, daz39 said:

Do you not think as a public spectator sport where when something bad happens it's broadcast to literally everyone who follows the sport that the Leigh club should address the issue on a public scale rather than behind closed doors? yes they may have sanctioned him privately but they would gain more respect by telling the public this rather than keeping quiet.

The whole RL world knows what he's done and at the moment it would be in Leigh's best interest to at least acknowledge the seriousness of his behaviour to the public wouldn't it rather than it appearing they have ignored it and are more bothered about their player playing for them?

I'd expect a public denouncement at the very least from any club within our sport who's employee caused negative press.

3 hours ago, daz39 said:

No one knows what Huddersfield found in their internal investigation and if they have in fact punished him internally, what we do know is they have done something and have now lifted his ban to continue his career, he was getting into the 1st team squad so will see being demoted to play at Bradford as a punishment, hopefully.

The fact they suspended him straight away suggests they weren't happy with him, they could have played him at London and awarded him the player of the match award though rather than suspending him!.

It's funny you say that now, when you were saying essentially the opposite on the Zak Hardaker thread less than 2 months ago

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

It's funny you say that now, when you were saying essentially the opposite on the Zak Hardaker thread less than 2 months ago

Huddersfield announced straight away they suspended their player pending an internal investigation, as its a police matter they would be limited what they can say in public, they have now announced that their internal investigation is over and the suspension is lifted, Leigh didn't even announce they were suspending or investigating their player instead made him a victim, put him straight in the match day squad and even (probably as a gimmick as he wasn't even that good in that match) awarded him player of the match too. 

Please don't compare the two clubs as there is and always will be a huge gulf in class between Ken Davy and Huddersfield Giants and Derek Beaumont and leigh leopards! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daz39 said:

Huddersfield announced straight away they suspended their player pending an internal investigation, as its a police matter they would be limited what they can say in public, they have now announced that their internal investigation is over and the suspension is lifted, Leigh didn't even announce they were suspending or investigating their player instead made him a victim, put him straight in the match day squad and even (probably as a gimmick as he wasn't even that good in that match) awarded him player of the match too. 

Please don't compare the two clubs as there is and always will be a huge gulf in class between Ken Davy and Huddersfield Giants and Derek Beaumont and leigh leopards! 

You have no idea what did or didn't go on behind closed doors at Leigh in terms of disciplinary or suspension, especially considering the actual incident occurred weeks before it actually came out in the press.

A 1 or 2 week suspension with no public consequences(which you were crying for with ZH) for inarguably a worse offence since he also allegedly assaulted a police officer is hardly a case for trying to claim some moral high ground. Nor would I describe it as classy.

• Like 1

Genuine question. Has the player been charged and is he due to be subjected to a judiciary process? The reason I am asking is surely if proven this would constitute a breach of the said player’s contract. IMHO it is a serious allegation aggravated by the fact that he is alleged to have assaulted an emergency worker. I don’t understand if is the case how Huddersfield have carried out and concluded an internal disciplinary process without being in possession of the judiciary result! At this stage the player is either innocent or guilty. If found guilty there is a chance he could be subjected to community service. If he is full time that this would impact upon his employment. Huddersfield chairman is a retired West Yorkshire Police Chief Constable so club advice is upon hand.

1 hour ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Genuine question. Has the player been charged and is he due to be subjected to a judiciary process? The reason I am asking is surely if proven this would constitute a breach of the said player’s contract. IMHO it is a serious allegation aggravated by the fact that he is alleged to have assaulted an emergency worker. I don’t understand if is the case how Huddersfield have carried out and concluded an internal disciplinary process without being in possession of the judiciary result! At this stage the player is either innocent or guilty. If found guilty there is a chance he could be subjected to community service. If he is full time that this would impact upon his employment. Huddersfield chairman is a retired West Yorkshire Police Chief Constable so club advice is upon hand.

He has been charged with drink driving and bailed for assaulting an emergency worker.

The Giants internal investigation was separate from the police matter.

Presumably, he won't play for the Giants until his court case is over, pending the outcome that is.

I could try and get an answer from the club?

Edited by meast

31 minutes ago, meast said:

He has been charged with drink driving and bailed for assaulting and emergency worker.

The Giants internal investigation was separate for the police matter.

Presumably, he won't play for the Giants until his court case is over, pending the outcome that is.

I could try and get an answer from the club?

Thanks for replying and it’s ok re trying for an answer. But thanks again. I genuinely hope the young player concerned ultimately learns from this experience and I hope he is fully supported. At the end of the day we have all made mistakes to some varying degree in our life’s. If found guilty he will be dealt with accordingly. However I hope it makes him and he becomes a better self disciplined and educated person moving forward.

• Like 1