Trinity at Mount

The ref for Sunday is Mr C Worsley who I believe Batley had at Halifax.

So good to see that DR with Cas is working, but in Cas's favour unbelievable.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RogerT said:

So good to see that DR with Cas is working, but in Cas's favour unbelievable.

I don't see that. If we argue that DR only favours the SL club because they get to send players to other clubs for fitness, surely the same argument applies when we get to do that.

What would Mitsias, Rhodes and Gibbons do to gain match fitness if they aren't getting into our team?

Saying that, l would be delighted to see DR scrapped and never seen again!

Back on subject I've never seen wakey trinity play at the mount. Avoided them in challenge cup since 1989 (my attendance started via bovril and boiled sweets) and obviously held on to their top flight status since 96 by the skin of their teeth. Do I vaguely remember a pre season friendly with them

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

As recent as 1999! Wow

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

2 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

I'm sure I went to Wakefield and watched Batley lose 78 to 9.This would have been mid to late 60's in Trevor Oldroyd's days.

Yes, I was there too.Not one of greatest days!

No mention of the famous 0-0 draw at the Mount either

Edited by bromleybulldog
  • Thanks 1

So we've proudly brought a bloke with pace more than 11,000 miles to send him to pkay elsewhere? Clever that!! Great way to keep him interested here for another season, really smart...whilst we play a class centre on the wing.

16 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

I'm sure I went to Wakefield and watched Batley lose 78 to 9.This would have been mid to late 60's in Trevor Oldroyd's days.

my first ever game was that and should have learnt 🙂 but still coming 56 yrs later

• Like 3

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

54 minutes ago, redditchbulldog said:

my first ever game was that and should have learnt 🙂 but still coming 56 yrs later

When you left that game you must have thought "well at least it can't get any worse."

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, phildog said:

So we've proudly brought a bloke with pace more than 11,000 miles to send him to pkay elsewhere? Clever that!! Great way to keep him interested here for another season, really smart...whilst we play a class centre on the wing.

Who’s the class centre? 😂 Joe burton is a winger 

Jonny isn’t 100% match fit due to a injury which saw him miss many months in oz 

I’m surprised you ain’t moaning about Rhodes going to Cornwall 

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

Who’s the class centre? 😂 Joe burton is a winger 

Jonny isn’t 100% match fit due to a injury which saw him miss many months in oz 

I’m surprised you ain’t moaning about Rhodes going to Cornwall 

he did on facebook 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

That's my exact notion kidda. Looking at the wakey line up plus wise old fox Powell it's gonna be a bridge too far

Gutsy effort by our boys today against a powerfully quick side! ,1st half thought the first 2 tries in 7 mins where soft by our standards and left most batley fans  fearing the worst, but once we settled we got dug in and gave wakey a real battle, and we where unlucky not to be ahead at half time, 2nd half I have to question the decision to take 2 points early on  we should have pushed on and gone for the try it was never going to be a 2 point game, also we gave too many penalties which lead to wakey scoring points I think it was their second try second half where we gave a penalty away on the 5th tackle leading to a try criminal, also Morton dropping the ball gave them points, and how the guy managed to score over the line with 4 men on him is beyond me, like I said at the beginning a gutsy effort but take out the penalties and mistakes and it would have been a lot closer! Still proud of our boys no disgrace in defeat! 

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 2