Fri 26th Apr: SL: Leigh Leopards v Catalans Dragons KO 20:00 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/04/24 at 19:30

1 minute ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Well done Leign having a great time here they are even (The band in VIP) attempting Neil Young:)

Us Leythers Keep on Rocking in a free world 👍

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, phiggins said:

Mulhern out, Asiata on the bench. Bearing in mind Catalans beat Leigh 3 times last year, can’t see how that trend would be stopped. Maybe if we were playing someone placed 5-8 we’d have a chance, but top 3 or 4 just too strong for us. 

Have faith Higgy, how was the defence for you, Cats threw everything at us but couldn't break it down.

Impressed by the scoreline. Looking forward to watching the highlights.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Awesome performance and one that felt like we’ve been building to for a few weeks now. Might be a blessing in disguise missing out on Armstrong because Moylan is class and needs that free role in attack to roam wherever he sees fit. 

15 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Relatively speaking I think that’s Leigh’s most polished performance in 30 years. Not even exaggerating. Flawless down the middle. Who knew the Moylan-McNamara-Lam triad would work so well? Makes up for watching it in a (frankly outstanding) tandoori tap house in Peterborough while Wigan are losing on the other telly 😂 

🙂

Edited by Zilla Budgie

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Relatively speaking I think that’s Leigh’s most polished performance in 30 years. Not even exaggerating. Flawless down the middle. Who knew the Moylan-McNamara-Lam triad would work so well? Makes up for watching it in a (frankly outstanding) tandoori tap house in Peterborough while Wigan are losing on the other telly 😂 

Not with you on McNamara Matt, Moylan needs to stay at Full back would not be good having 3 cooks in midfield with Moylan Asiata and Lam, but I would put O'Brien in the 6 shirt when fit again instead of McNamara.

12 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not with you on McNamara Matt, Moylan needs to stay at Full back would not be good having 3 cooks in midfield with Moylan Asiata and Lam, but I would put O'Brien in the 6 shirt when fit again instead of McNamara.

I wouldn’t !  

VAR agreed 😂😂

59 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

If ain’t broke and all that, Harry. Didn’t see McNamara being a big player but he played the supporting role superbly. 

17 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

If ain’t broke and all that, Harry. Didn’t see McNamara being a big player but he played the supporting role superbly. 

I think McNamara does exactly what is needed currently when Lam and moreso Moylan are playing well and creating things. He put in several key tackles and spread the ball quickly and accurately to Moylan and Lam. His inside ball created the space for Dwyer to put O'Donnell over for his second and made a try saving tackle that led to the amone break. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Have faith Higgy, how was the defence for you, Cats threw everything at us but couldn't break it down.

Was as good as I’ve seen us defend for a long time, and sustained for 80 minutes which we haven’t been able to do this season so far. Hopefully a sign that fitness issues are starting to turn around. 

9 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

I think McNamara does exactly what is needed currently when Lam and moreso Moylan are playing well and creating things. He put in several key tackles and spread the ball quickly and accurately to Moylan and Lam. His inside ball created the space for Dwyer to put O'Donnell over for his second and made a try saving tackle that led to the amone break. 

The simple question is, do you think O'Brien could offer more at 6 than young Ben? I do but we ain't going to find that out until it is tried then we get to compare.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

The simple question is, do you think O'Brien could offer more at 6 than young Ben? I do but we ain't going to find that out until it is tried then we get to compare.

Based on what I saw of O'Brien playing in the halves with Lam last year, I'd stick with young Ben. 

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You can only have so many cooks before you spoil the broth. McNamara looked a bit indecisive at times, but he made 28 tackles, including a try saver before the first try and put Dwyer through the gap for O’Donnell’s second try. If he keeps playing like that, he stays in for me.

I think last night clears up any argument on where Moylan should play. Gets involved more at full back, and can stand behind the defensive line rather than in it, where he has been a weak spot defensively 

3 minutes ago, phiggins said:

You can only have so many cooks before you spoil the broth. McNamara looked a bit indecisive at times, but he made 28 tackles, including a try saver before the first try and put Dwyer through the gap for O’Donnell’s second try. If he keeps playing like that, he stays in for me.

I think last night clears up any argument on where Moylan should play. Gets involved more at full back, and can stand behind the defensive line rather than in it, where he has been a weak spot defensively 

Totally agree with your second paragraph, one more question to Leythers who thinks it's time for Hardacre to be replaced, defensively he is OK, but does anyone agree he is mucking up so much in attack?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Based on what I saw of O'Brien playing in the halves with Lam last year, I'd stick with young Ben. 

How many games was that Rob? It seemed Mr Lam couldn't make up his mind whether it was O'Brien, Reynolds or Mellor, and whoever it was at No 6 wasn't helped in the slightest when Zac was at FB, with Moylan there just my opinion but I think that O'Brien could offer more than McNamara.

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Totally agree with your second paragraph, one more question to Leythers who thinks it's time for Hardacre to be replaced, defensively he is OK, but does anyone agree he is mucking up so much in attack?

I’d generally agree with that assessment of Hardaker, but I’m not sure there is anyone currently in the squad that could come in and improve the team in his place. Given most teams will have their bigger attacking threat down their left, it’s important to be solid defensively down the right. 

Hardaker I'd let go at the end of the year. Our three quarters needed freshening up due to the ages which we've already managed with Hanley. I think Leutele is playing some of his best rugby for us currently and Charnley has another year in him yet so I'd keep the left side as is and look to find a new right centre. Wouldn't surprise me if we see McIntosh get a few games there in place of Hardaker to see how he gets on.

How many games was that Rob? It seemed Mr Lam couldn't make up his mind whether it was O'Brien, Reynolds or Mellor, and whoever it was at No 6 wasn't helped in the slightest when Zac was at FB, with Moylan there just my opinion but I think that O'Brien could offer more than McNamara.

We have to be thinking longer term and for that reason I'd stick with McNamara as long as he's keeping solid which he has been. O'Brien doesn't have much longer left at the top level, I'd rather see us lowering the average age with younger players that can get through more work in attack and defence and have room to develop with the extra game time.

My biggest frustration of the season so far is the amount of games wasted on Nakubuwai playing 20 minutes at best where someone like Gannon/Brogan/Baxter could have benefitted far more from those minutes, whilst likely adding more to the team considering the lack of work Nakubuwai does.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LeytherRob said:

We have to be thinking longer term and for that reason I'd stick with McNamara as long as he's keeping solid which he has been. O'Brien doesn't have much longer left at the top level, I'd rather see us lowering the average age with younger players that can get through more work in attack and defence and have room to develop with the extra game time.

My biggest frustration of the season so far is the amount of games wasted on Nakubuwai playing 20 minutes at best where someone like Gannon/Brogan/Baxter could have benefitted far more from those minutes, whilst likely adding more to the team considering the lack of work Nakubuwai does.

Thanks @LeytherRob, I’d just managed to forget about how we’ve wasted a quota spot on renewing his contract 😂

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

If the curry was on point, then you had the perfect night