Wales’ next star?

10 tries already this season for Billy Walkley, a product of the south Wales Rugby League scene. A bright future indeed and one to keep an eye on. 

He’s played and captained Wales at U16 and U19 level before featuring for Salford’s reserves, earning a squad number for the 2023 season before heading to Keighley. 

Edited by welshmagpie
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• welshmagpie changed the title to Wales’ next star?

1 hour ago, welshmagpie said:

10 tries already this season for Billy Walkley, a product of the south Wales Rugby League scene. A bright future indeed and one to keep an eye on. 

He’s played and captained Wales at U16 and U19 level before featuring for Salford’s reserves, earning a squad number for the 2023 season before heading to Keighley. 

I clicked on this hoping it wouldn't be about Billy and that he was going under the radar a little 😅 Truth be told, he's been superb for us this season, playing on the wing. Not even sure if that is his best/natural position but he's not looked out of place at all. He's had a nice introduction to senior rugby playing outside Junior Sa'u and Ellis Robson who are both quality players, and they've created a great relationship already.

52 minutes ago, daz39 said:

By the time he's 30 he may get chance to play for Wales in an international.

He has already played for Wales open age, at stand off, and I am confident he will be in their squad this autumn.

Edited by Whippet13

1 hour ago, JM2010 said:

Are there any other potential stars coming through at the moment for Wales?

Charlie Glover, 18 year old LK/PR, playing every week for the Salford reserves and was called to the wales squad against Cumbria last year.

A few more youngsters at Salford aswell but Glover is the standout. 

Edited by NRLandSL
  • Like 1

Keighley v Hunslet will be on The Sportsman on Sunday, so you can check him out, if you haven't seen him play yet.

• Thanks 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 29/04/2024 at 21:28, JM2010 said:

Are there any other potential stars coming through at the moment for Wales?

Keep an eye on Junior Westwood, a half-back in Warrington’s academy. 

Likewise, Daniel Hetherington at Wakefield - rapid!

• Like 1

On 28/04/2024 at 23:54, Whippet13 said:

He has already played for Wales open age, at stand off, and I am confident he will be in their squad this autumn.

Who are Wales playing? Thanks. 

21 hours ago, Welshleaguelover said:

They born and raised Welsh or heritage?

Heritage.

For Welsh born… Henry Parker at Salford, Leigh were sniffing too as he had a few sessions with their first team squad in pre-season. 

• Like 1