Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

• Please log in to reply
881 replies to this topic

#861 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

A6033 Keighley Rd, Hebden Bridge?

Re-opened apparently. Link

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#862 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

(Link might be out of date)

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#863 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

Yes. 3 days in a row I've had to detour through Booth, Wainstalls & Mixenden to get over to Denholme and head in that way. I'm living in hope it will re-open shortly!

I went via Denholme yesterday. Still needs care on that route. Over again this pm.

#864 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

I might be venturing over to Haworth this evening from West Bowling area. How is it looking?

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#865 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

I might be venturing over to Haworth this evening from West Bowling area. How is it looking?

White. :D

Roads are in general fine, just beware of the odd place where it's either narrow due to ploughing or some covering where snow is still blowing about a bit. I understand the road has now re-opened between Oxenhope & Peckett Well, so back to my usual route tonight. :)

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#866 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

Not going today now, but cheers anyway. And if it's the A6033 Keighley Road you're interested in, I posted above I'd read it was open, but obviously take it easy and don't make assumptions! I'll pass on info but I'm not guarantee it's correct. ;)

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#867 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

The RNLI is funded entirely from legacies, donations and shop sales. It does not want govt funding. It works well as it is, helped by a huge army of volunteers.

on the SAR front, Bristow already runs SAR operations in the Netherlands, Norway, Trinidad, Australia, Russia, Brazil and Canada. bloody right wing govts eh? Anyway, if Bob Crow is agin it, it MUST be a good idea.)

The Mountain Rescue Services are already in private hands and that has worked well for years.

Posted Image
Adams - Telegraph <_<
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#868 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

Not going today now, but cheers anyway. And if it's the A6033 Keighley Road you're interested in, I posted above I'd read it was open, but obviously take it easy and don't make assumptions! I'll pass on info but I'm not guarantee it's correct. ;)

Yeah, cheers for the link. Be nice to get back to the direct route home. I've been up there when it's been pretty bad and have never got stuck; famous last words though. :lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#869 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Yeah, cheers for the link. Be nice to get back to the direct route home. I've been up there when it's been pretty bad and have never got stuck; famous last words though. :lol:

Yup, it's open.

The wind is blowing snow onto the road in places and some bends require caution but a bit of traffic on it will help. Quite a spectacular drive. I won't be going on that route on my bike though................

#870 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

Yup, it's open.

The wind is blowing snow onto the road in places and some bends require caution but a bit of traffic on it will help. Quite a spectacular drive. I won't be going on that route on my bike though................

Wuss. :P

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#871 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

It seems deep snow drifts are still causing problems in more rural parts of Bradford from reading today's T&A. It's probably just an ignorant outsider's view but it does amaze me when we have bad weather and the Council are run off their feet, even though Bradford Council is bab, how it's the Council's fault no-one can do owt for themselves. I'm also surprised by when a few houses are cut off how many of these have poorly, elderly, pregnant and young kids living in them.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#872 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

Wuss. :P

Let me know when you've cycled it. ;) B)

#873 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

Just started snowing here again
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#874 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

I bloody hope the Bulls game is on.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#875 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

I bloody hope the Bulls game is on.

So do I! BBC weather has it down to -2C tonight and -1C tomorrow night, but +4C at game time. It should be okay.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#876 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:50 AM

Just starting to see bits of grass peeking through from under all the snow on the common behind us

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#877 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,068 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

Just starting to see bits of grass peeking through from under all the snow on the common behind us

Coming from Lancashire, you'll recognise common when you see it.

;) :D

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#878 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,044 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:07 AM

Adams - Telegraph <_<

So? The Telegraph's barely-disguised antagonism to all things Cameron is well known, as is their opposition to Blair's predilection for "privatisation"

#879 T Dub

T Dub
  • Coach
  • 961 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

The situation in the 5 Scottish Highlands ski areas

http://www.winterhighland.info/

#880 brooza

brooza
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

Reports on the radio this morning that there may be snow in the South West

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users