Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

They just announced on the radio we could get 'clipped' tomorrow.  This is an official snow term over here and means..well you know what it means:

However beginning later on Monday, an approaching Alberta Clipper will spread an area of snow

Edited by Kayakman

8 hours ago, Spidey said:

That is unreal ?

Where I live we get way more snow than Buffalo...you never hear about it though since we have a very low population density...sitting looking out the window right now and its coming down about twice as heavy in the picture...with way more on the ground.

Thats right...

Snowing again!

15 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Where I live we get way more snow than Buffalo...you never hear about it though since we have a very low population density...sitting looking out the window right now and its coming down about twice as heavy in the picture...with way more on the ground.

Thats right...

Snowing again!

I took this pic in July 2005 at a golf course near Calgary. Hail and snow. In July. 

C6F290D8-7C1A-41BA-94F3-C4452C10753D.jpeg

• Like 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

9 minutes ago, ckn said:

I took this pic in July 2005 at a golf course near Calgary. Hail and snow. In July. 

C6F290D8-7C1A-41BA-94F3-C4452C10753D.jpeg

Only thing missing in that picture is me in my kayak or canoe listening to Oliver Daldry sing After Dark on the ipod.  Good Shot CKN!

4 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

The view from Chateau de GS was looking fine the other day...

02AFD6A1-3FA3-458C-A724-AFC06BC00160.jpeg

What a great view you have...very nice....bet you never get sick of looking at that...I LIKE THAT LITTLE GNARLED TREE IN THE FOREGROUND!

I am sure you are all greatly concerned by my status.  You will all be greatly relieved to know there is a huge infastructure for snow removal here in Copenhagen, but as yet no snow has settled.

I hope you can all now sleep soundly.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

11 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Relaxing video!  Is it your own drone Bedford?

Yup my DJI Mavic.

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

3 hours ago, Bob8 said:

I am sure you are all greatly concerned by my status.  You will all be greatly relieved to know there is a huge infastructure for snow removal here in Copenhagen, but as yet no snow has settled.

I hope you can all now sleep soundly.

Just woke up and had an awful nights sleep thinking about your risque lifestyle Bob8...closing the roads and schools up here due to the heavy snowfall/wind....could get snowed in but lots of food...we're ready.

26 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Yup my DJI Mavic.

WOW...good for you...googled it and it looks like something from outer space...drones open up a whole new perspective of the world don't they...fascinating.

Good job Bedford...keeps those clips coming...can it actually navigate and film in a storm?

Edited by Kayakman

29 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Just woke up and had an awful nights sleep thinking about your risque lifestyle Bob8...closing the roads and schools up here due to the heavy snowfall/wind....could get snowed in but lots of food...we're ready.

My risque lifestyle gives good men nightmares, but that is another thread :P 

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

10 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

My risque lifestyle gives good men nightmares, but that is another thread :P 

Just got the official word...everything shutting down up here until its over...lots of accidents out there...everything cancelled.

ssued: 5:00 AM EST Tuesday 12 December 2017

Snow squall warning in effect.

date Detailed Forecast
Today Flurries and snow squalls. Local blowing snow late this morning and this afternoon. Local amount 15 cm. Wind northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 increasing to 50 gusting to 70 this morning. Temperature falling to minus 7 this afternoon.
Tonight Flurries and snow squalls. Local blowing snow. Local amount 5 cm. Wind north 40 km/h gusting to 60. Low minus 10.

5 hours ago, Kayakman said:

WOW...good for you...googled it and it looks like something from outer space...drones open up a whole new perspective of the world don't they...fascinating.

Good job Bedford...keeps those clips coming...can it actually navigate and film in a storm?

It can stay steady in gusts up to 20mph, and flies in winds a little stronger.  Its not advisable to fly in a storm if you want it back!

As long as it has GPS lock, its remarkably steady.

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

starting to be concerned a little for the pensioners and less well off who have not been able to afford to heat their homes during the recent mild winters, we are not even in to the middle of dec and  its been a bitterly cold start to the season

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Just now, graveyard johnny said:

starting to be concerned a little for the pensioners and less well off who have not been able to afford to heat their homes during the recent mild winters, we are not even in to the middle of dec and  its been a bitterly cold start to the season

We're also expecting a rapid rise in domestic fuel prices given the recent oil price rises tagged onto today's gas pipeline explosion in Austria that's caused shock rises already.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

10 minutes ago, ckn said:

We're also expecting a rapid rise in domestic fuel prices given the recent oil price rises tagged onto today's gas pipeline explosion in Austria that's caused shock rises already.

its always a disgrace that we cant keep our pensioners warm during times like this without them having to worry, scrimp and save after paying in to Britain all their working lives

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

its always a disgrace that we cant keep our pensioners warm during times like this without them having to worry, scrimp and save after paying in to Britain all their working lives

Round here, I know a lot of parents of special needs kids who literally have no money and have to make those decisions about whether to eat or whether to pay the bills.

Some of them are going to suffer if it doesn't warm up. This is the first time since moving to the Sunshine Coast that it's genuinely felt as cold as it did growing up in 'the north'.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Low level blizzard out there right now...once it blows itself out in a couple of days I'm going to have to shovel off the roofs before they collapse...was just out there and the windchill feels about -20...still not too bad but could be pretty cold tonight.

1 hour ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

It can stay steady in gusts up to 20mph, and flies in winds a little stronger.  Its not advisable to fly in a storm if you want it back!

1 hour ago, ckn said:

42 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Low level blizzard out there right now...once it blows itself out in a couple of days I'm going to have to shovel off the roofs before they collapse...was just out there and the windchill feels about -20...still not too bad but could be pretty cold tonight.

I hear that a good thing for keeping your roof clear of snow is a cannabis farm in your loft...

37 minutes ago, ckn said:

Now that is funny ckn...and I needed a  laugh!

Just got an email from my next oldest sister that my next oldest brother just had a heart attack around noon shovelling snow...is in hospital now getting a stint...still in surgery!

As I said earlier.  get alot of snow here... more than you could ever imagine...would like to go see him but highway has just been sealed off due to blowing snow and there was just a 5 car pileup...people stuck out there.

How do ya like them potatoes?

Wish I had that drone right now Bedford so i could scope things out .

2 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

Now that is funny ckn...and I needed a  laugh!

Just got an email from my next oldest sister that my next oldest brother just had a heart attack around noon shovelling snow...is in hospital now getting a stint...still in surgery!

As I said earlier.  get alot of snow here... more than you could ever imagine...would like to go see him but highway has just been sealed off due to blowing snow and there was just a 5 car pileup...people stuck out there.

How do ya like them potatoes?

Wish I had that drone right now Bedford so i could scope things out .

As I've discovered, modern technology, although no direct substitution for being there in person, is wonderful stuff for things like that.  A quick Skype video call can do lots for when you can't get there in person. even just for moral support for those there.  Hope he's OK!

3 hours ago, ckn said:

As I've discovered, modern technology, although no direct substitution for being there in person, is wonderful stuff for things like that.  A quick Skype video call can do lots for when you can't get there in person. even just for moral support for those there.  Hope he's OK!

Went to start the car but the battery is dead due to the cold weather...snowed in...many roads closed...bad windchill...brother made it out of surgery but in ICU for the foreseeable future...

GOD DAMNED SNOW!!!!

I curse you Old Man Winter!