Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

St. Helens v Catalans Dragons

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: St. Helens v Catalans Dragons (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. St Helens (6 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. Catalans (4 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Simon Templar

Simon Templar
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 12:07 PM

Catalans were good value for their win last night. All their tries were quality efforts. Fair play to them,and to all the Saints fans who applauded them off at the end of the game.

Saints were lacking in the creative department , defense was obviously not that great either. Don't understand how Meli got MOM !! For me James Roby was the stand out player for Saints. And bringing Gardner on with 10 to go was akin to England bringing Emile Heskey on against the Germans .

Lee Gaskell had a good debut. Scoring a quality try 5 mins after being absolutely crash banged by Jamel Fakir shows the lad's got bottle as well as skill. He reminds me somewhat of Nigel Wright - though I hope his career lasts a whole lot longer obviously.

#22 davo99

davo99
  • Coach
  • 283 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:24 AM

Don't understand how meli gets a game

#23 Saint Toppy

Saint Toppy
  • Coach
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:58 AM

Woeful performance from Saints bar a couple of players. Roby was great again and Lomax is really showing his class now. Catalans peppered him with the bomb all night (cant think why when Meli was on the other wing) and the kid took every single one of them under pressure, returning them with interest on a couple of occasions. As far as i'm concerned they can leave Gardner out for the rest of the season and play Lomax.
The only other plus we could take from the game was the debut of Lee Gaskell. He made a couple of mistakes but scored a great individual try and also looked to have a great boot on him. Give him a year or 2 to get a bit more physical strength and I reckon he will turn out to be a top class player.

Bar Roby, Clough & Graham the Saints forwards really struggled against a big Catalans 6 and the gamble of playing a half fit Puletua & Hargreaves didn't pay off.

Catalans were well worth their win, their enthusiasm & attitude was far better than most of the Saints players.

#24 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (Saint Toppy @ Jul 12 2010, 06:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Catalans were well worth their win, their enthusiasm & attitude was far better than most of the Saints players.

Good to hear - an area where the Dragons have been lacking all season bar a couple of performances. I think they will be going all out in a couple of weeks time when they welcome Wire to rattle a few rib cages in advance of the Challenge Cup semi.
In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users