League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

Poll: Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Leeds (11 votes [44.00%])

Percentage of vote: 44.00%

2. Wigan (13 votes [52.00%])

Percentage of vote: 52.00%

3. Draw (1 votes [4.00%])

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,873 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:32 AM

Discuss the game here!

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#2 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,333 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:34 AM

Game killed as a spectacle, Steve"look at me" Ganson in charge, think the pies have this one.
Got 1500 bass drum lugging,bug eyed monkeys!

#3 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,877 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:52 AM

Should be a cracker, and whilst Wigan look pretty safe at the top, it'd be nice to see Leeds win and throw the gauntlet down for the playoffs.

That said, this could put Leeds only 3 pts behind us, and with the Semi as a distraction, it could make things very tense, so I'd also be pretty happy with a Wigan win!

Can't lose really. Until Saturday!

#4 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,073 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:02 PM

This isn't do or die for either team now.
I was interested to read that Leeds have a full team out. Given the importance of the semi final the week after, and that Leeds should make 4th win or lose, I am puzzled by that, as I would have thought if ever there was a chance to rest players it would be Friday. Each team that has beaten Wigan this year has lost 1 of their next 2 games, which suggests to me that beating us takes a lot out of a team.
Really looking forward to the game, and hoping it is relatively dry. Wigan looked much better balanced with Deacon at 7 and Sam alternating between 1 and 6, and with 4 props to take on the battle up front.
Leeds are a classy club and a classy team, and are a better team than Wigan, so would ordinarily win. Given the proximity of the semi I think Wigan will win. If Leeds do win they will need to put a lot in and they are likely to suffer next week.

#5 brooza

brooza
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (Exiled Wiganer @ Jul 28 2010, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was interested to read that Leeds have a full team out. Given the importance of the semi final the week after, and that Leeds should make 4th win or lose, I am puzzled by that, as I would have thought if ever there was a chance to rest players it would be Friday.

Leeds rested a few last week against Salford

EDIT: Also, Leeds beat Wigan in the CC and won the next 2 games

Edited by brooza, 28 July 2010 - 12:19 PM.

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#6 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,073 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:27 PM

Thanks for the correction. I only had the SL fixture list to hand. If any team are good enough to win every game, it's Leeds.

#7 brooza

brooza
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (Exiled Wiganer @ Jul 28 2010, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the correction. I only had the SL fixture list to hand. If any team are good enough to win every game, it's Leeds.

Unless your stats only work when talking about the same competition, as we haven't won the following 2 CC matches (yet)
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

#8 brooza

brooza
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:58 PM

Actually, thinking about it, this match and the Wire/Saints match could well end up being a preview of the first week of the playoffs

#9 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:01 PM

wigan by 2 in a real battle with both teams kicking for goal at every opertunity comes down to whos the best goal kicker sinfield or richards
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#10 brooza

brooza
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (jackknife @ Jul 28 2010, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wigan by 2 in a real battle with both teams kicking for goal at every opertunity comes down to whos the best goal kicker sinfield or richards

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten how dire that CC match was.

#11 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:33 PM

Should be a classic but with look at me Ganson in the middle, he'll ruin the contest.

#12 Carnie's Cover

Carnie's Cover
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:12 PM

Leeds will have one eye on next week, Wigan to win this and win comfortably biggrin.gif of course I could be very wrong tongue.gif

knockathon prescott is out which should mean Ben Davies get his chance, about time to

#13 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:04 AM

Funny one to call, this one, Wigan have the league won, so can afford to pace themselves, can Leeds realisticly catch Wolves ? and will be tempted to keep a bit back, The thing is will the desire to beat each other overcome all this, I dont know , I will go for a draw.
Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#14 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,073 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:42 AM

These games have produced so many classics over the years that it may be asking too much to hope for another. Leeds are a better side, and so if they play to their full potential Wigan will lose. One thing which may tip the balance Wigan's way is having Wane in charge again after MM's sad family bereavement. He is likely to get the boys fired up, and as we have a week off we need hold nothing back. So looking forward to this - let's invoke the spirit of Brian Carney and win against the odds.

#15 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,877 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE (Exiled Wiganer @ Jul 29 2010, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These games have produced so many classics over the years that it may be asking too much to hope for another. Leeds are a better side, and so if they play to their full potential Wigan will lose. One thing which may tip the balance Wigan's way is having Wane in charge again after MM's sad family bereavement. He is likely to get the boys fired up, and as we have a week off we need hold nothing back. So looking forward to this - let's invoke the spirit of Brian Carney and win against the odds.
These games are always some of my favourites each year, they always have a good atmosphere and a big match feel to them.

Think the semi final the week after will be crucial and does give Wigan the edge...

#16 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,073 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:51 PM

Having seen Leeds' squad and read their views on the game it seems as if they intend to play full throttle. Wigan will have to be at their very best to live with them. I hope it's dry so we get to see the best of both teams. It has all the ingredients of a classic.

#17 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,960 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:59 PM

Leeds by some distance.

Wigan will have nothing left in the tank after that bruising, gruelling effort at the KC last week.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#18 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,567 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:15 AM

No doubts with this one.

Leeds 28 Wigan 18

even the week b4 the semi

#19 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:47 PM

Just about to set off and it's steady drizzle. If it stays wet leeds by 8 points, if it dries up wigan to win. Anyhow i'm off to the supermarkets around headingley to buy all the sandwich boxes now, to stop the likes of hannibal getting his hands on them tongue.gif

#20 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (3owls @ Jul 30 2010, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just about to set off and it's steady drizzle. If it stays wet leeds by 8 points, if it dries up wigan to win. Anyhow i'm off to the supermarkets around headingley to buy all the sandwich boxes now, to stop the likes of hannibal getting his hands on them tongue.gif

laugh.gif

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users