RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Your Clubs Out-of-Contracts

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:08 PM

Well the Bulls contracts that I know of are Sheriffe, Worrincy, Menzies and Reardon.

I would keep one of these but which one? tongue.gif

Anyone else up at the end of the season for the Bulls and what about your own clubs?

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,755 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (Mumby Magic @ Jul 31 2010, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well the Bulls contracts that I know of are Sheriffe, Worrincy, Menzies and Reardon.

I would keep one of these but which one? tongue.gif

Anyone else up at the end of the season for the Bulls and what about your own clubs?

Kopczak too, who has actually improved (or stayed at the same level while all those around have fallen).

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,755 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:13 PM

According to RLFags:

Rikki Sheriffe
Chris Nero
Stuart Reardon
Steve Menzies
Jamie Langley
Michael Worrincy
Craig Kopczak
Steve Crossley
Andy Tate
Joe Wardle
Adam O'Brien
Danny Addy
Vinny Finigan

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#4 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,755 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:14 PM

There isn't a whole lot else out in there to choose from in our price range either! dry.gif

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,755 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:16 PM

Besides Worrincy, I'd be prepared to give the rest a chance under Mick Potter, unless we acquire a few more wingers who are decent enough. If we don't I'd be prepared to give Sheriffe and Reardon a chance.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#6 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Jul 31 2010, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
According to RLFags:

Rikki Sheriffe
Chris Nero
Stuart Reardon
Steve Menzies
Jamie Langley
Michael Worrincy
Craig Kopczak
Steve Crossley
Andy Tate
Joe Wardle
Adam O'Brien
Danny Addy
Vinny Finigan

I'd be a bit tough and keep the highlighted ones personally.

Thought Scruton was linked with the Rhinos again? Is he still in contract?

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#7 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Jul 31 2010, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Besides Worrincy, I'd be prepared to give the rest a chance under Mick Potter, unless we acquire a few more wingers who are decent enough. If we don't I'd be prepared to give Sheriffe and Reardon a chance.

No you wouldn't. *snaps Hindle out of trance*

#8 matt newsholme

matt newsholme
  • Coach
  • 892 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Jul 31 2010, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
According to RLFags:

Rikki Sheriffe
Chris Nero

Stuart Reardon
Steve Menzies
Jamie Langley

Michael Worrincy
Craig Kopczak
Steve Crossley
Andy Tate
Joe Wardle
Adam O'Brien
Danny Addy
Vinny Finigan

are the ones I'd keep. Think sheriffe could improve under a different coach and with a better center.

big question mark for me is menzies. undoubtedly one of our best players but taking a valuable quota spot, similar situation to morrison last year, If a top nrl center or half was available then I could see menzies going to accomodate them. otherwise retain him for a year. Nero is still a decent center and better than our other options at moment and doesnt count on quota next year so retain unless we have someone better coming in.
Koppy has shown enough this year to warrant at least another year under a new coach. I'd give all the youngsters at least another year. wardle, addy and finigan have all impressed in 1st team and whilst o'brien and tate havent debuted yet I've heard good reports for both from u'20s games. plus youngsters will be relatively cheap.
What I'd like to see us do is copy rhinos policy and give the particularly promising ones long 5 yr deals on slightly higher deals than we would normally offer.
This was policy rhinos used to tie down the core of their current team on long and relatively cheap over the length of the deal contracts.

#9 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (matt newsholme @ Jul 31 2010, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are the ones I'd keep. Think sheriffe could improve under a different coach and with a better center.

big question mark for me is menzies. undoubtedly one of our best players but taking a valuable quota spot, similar situation to morrison last year, If a top nrl center or half was available then I could see menzies going to accomodate them. otherwise retain him for a year. Nero is still a decent center and better than our other options at moment and doesnt count on quota next year so retain unless we have someone better coming in.
Koppy has shown enough this year to warrant at least another year under a new coach. I'd give all the youngsters at least another year. wardle, addy and finigan have all impressed in 1st team and whilst o'brien and tate havent debuted yet I've heard good reports for both from u'20s games. plus youngsters will be relatively cheap.
What I'd like to see us do is copy rhinos policy and give the particularly promising ones long 5 yr deals on slightly higher deals than we would normally offer.
This was policy rhinos used to tie down the core of their current team on long and relatively cheap over the length of the deal contracts.

Interesting. Nero you maybe right but what annoys me by him is that he COULD be one of the best centres in SL if he could be arsed. He's almost our top try scorer and hasn't even put the effort in consistently. Disagree about Koppy. He's classed as one of our main 4 props now and he's been nowhere apart from a couple of recent games. It's the Matt Cook syndrome, how many chances will he get to prove that he is only average at best?

Wardle is your dark horse. Not going to set the world alight but won't put a foot wrong ala James Evans for one.

As far as wings go, latest rumours is Potter will bring at least one first teamer from Saints with him and I've heard it's Gardiner.

#10 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,755 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (Mumby Magic @ Jul 31 2010, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting. Nero you maybe right but what annoys me by him is that he COULD be one of the best centres in SL if he could be arsed. He's almost our top try scorer and hasn't even put the effort in consistently. Disagree about Koppy. He's classed as one of our main 4 props now and he's been nowhere apart from a couple of recent games. It's the Matt Cook syndrome, how many chances will he get to prove that he is only average at best?

Wardle is your dark horse. Not going to set the world alight but won't put a foot wrong ala James Evans for one.

As far as wings go, latest rumours is Potter will bring at least one first teamer from Saints with him and I've heard it's Gardiner.

Nero is very much an attacking centre, and must be the reason why our left wingers (Reardon and Halley) haven't been crash-hot while outside him. He invariably takes the tackle, while making metres yes, but won't look to pass except only on the odd occasion. Senior he isn't.

And Gardner? Pretty much every Saints fan on here wants to see the back of him, probably the same as our wingmen, however without a Gidley and especially with a Nero (if Gardner would be switched from right wing) he is poop. I'd stick with Reardon.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#11 The Best The Beautiful The Only

The Best The Beautiful The Only
  • Coach
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:04 PM

Sack Worrincy, sign Elima.

#12 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:18 PM

i think bratfud should give worrincy a new 5 year contract, as a thank you to the rest of rugby league

#13 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:52 PM

Wont be a rush to sign any of that lot up with the exception of maybe a couple of the young uns

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#14 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 05:42 PM

any one know who is out of contract for cas at the end of this season? do u know kenny?
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#15 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,712 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 08:47 PM

Assuming this isn't a Bradford thread, I think the way things are looking at Wigan, we have...
OUTS - Feca, Phelps, Pryce, Piggy, Deacon and Bailey (4 overseas)
INS - Finch, Hoffman, Lima and Hock (3 overseas)
I suspect we will play Charnley and Marsh a lot more, but may need some additional half back cover. I would like us to sign Ratchford, a good Wigan lad with some talent. Apparently we will have a quota space left over, but I am hoping we don't fill it. I am assuming we re-sign Fielden on a smaller contract. He certainly sounded happy enough with Wigan last night.

#16 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 7,686 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 08:53 PM

Leeds don't have any as far as I know, and did last night show it. sleep.gif

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.

#17 The Boy Saint

The Boy Saint
  • Coach
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 09:14 PM

Please please please let that be true! dry.gif

From what ive heard the following are out of contract at Saints:

Flannery - GET RID
Meli - GET RID
Chris Dean - GET RID
Nick Fozzard - Keep
Paul Wellens - Keep
Leon Pryce - Keep
Maurie Fa'asavalu - Signed for Quins RU
Keiron Cunningham - retired (Coach)
Matt Gidley - Retired
Matty Smith - Signed for Salford

#18 nath155

nath155
  • Coach
  • 211 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:23 AM

wouldnt mind pryce if hes out of contract

least were finally getting rid of rubbish like demetriou and cooke at the end of the season

think well keep hold of leanno he looks like a monster
glesson gone
blanch gone

but jamie maloney from the new zealand warriors could be a good addition at scrum half
scott wheeldon from hull kr could also be another good singing a good young prop and then get rid of moore and im happy

Edited by nath155, 01 August 2010 - 02:24 AM.

#19 matt newsholme

matt newsholme
  • Coach
  • 892 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:15 AM

koppy is probably never going to be a top class prop. he is however a decent solid one with some improvement left in him which hopefully a new coach can bring out. And he has benefits of being homegrown and relatively cheap which tips balance in his favor imo. Ideally we'd have 4 lynch/scrutons in team but financially we cant afford that.

interesting about gardner. surely meli would be a more likely target for us as he's OOC and seems a more typical bulls style winger. cant see us paying a transfer fee for gardner.

#20 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (matt newsholme @ Aug 1 2010, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
koppy is probably never going to be a top class prop. he is however a decent solid one with some improvement left in him which hopefully a new coach can bring out. And he has benefits of being homegrown and relatively cheap which tips balance in his favor imo. Ideally we'd have 4 lynch/scrutons in team but financially we cant afford that.

interesting about gardner. surely meli would be a more likely target for us as he's OOC and seems a more typical bulls style winger. cant see us paying a transfer fee for gardner.

I'd have either Meli or Gardiner to be honest. Yes Saints fans dn't like either but they are consistently top of the table and can be picky!! I didn't like Langley too much when we were in our pomp but his workrate this year has hlped us immensely. One thing we have lacked this year is a winger to come in and work. Sheriffe tries but my farts have more chance of breaking a tackle.

And to answer someone earlier in the thread it's about any club.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users