Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Season tickets - Price increases

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:22 AM

I don't know how many clubs have announced season ticket prices for next year, they have up at headingley and i'd better start getting some extra jobs in. Considering inflation is at an all time low and banks are only paying less than 1% on savings i find it hard to swallow that my season ticket is going up by around 10% for next season. Yes it's the most exciting sport to follow, and yes the players earn every penny, but 10% extra is a lot to cough up in the current economic climate. How much do others pay on here for a comparable seat ? Mine is down the side of the pitch (north stand) in the upper tier and it's costing me £270 (x2) if i book at the early bird price before december. It's not in with the corporates or even padded, it's just a bog standard old wooden seat. Has Ronseal spiralled in price or something ? I'll be interested to see how Mr Hetheringtons pricing policy compares with other clubs.

#2 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:25 AM

it must be harder to swallow when they have made record profits

#3 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,131 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (3owls @ Aug 17 2010, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know how many clubs have announced season ticket prices for next year, they have up at headingley and i'd better start getting some extra jobs in. Considering inflation is at an all time low and banks are only paying less than 1% on savings i find it hard to swallow that my season ticket is going up by around 10% for next season. Yes it's the most exciting sport to follow, and yes the players earn every penny, but 10% extra is a lot to cough up in the current economic climate. How much do others pay on here for a comparable seat ? Mine is down the side of the pitch (north stand) in the upper tier and it's costing me £270 (x2) if i book at the early bird price before december. It's not in with the corporates or even padded, it's just a bog standard old wooden seat. Has Ronseal spiralled in price or something ? I'll be interested to see how Mr Hetheringtons pricing policy compares with other clubs.

He's got to pay for the new stands somehow but 10% is a bit steep.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#4 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (3owls @ Aug 17 2010, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Considering inflation is at an all time low

No it isn't. Inflation (RPI) is currently around 5%, which is higher than its been for some considerable time.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#5 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE (Derwent @ Aug 17 2010, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No it isn't. Inflation (RPI) is currently around 5%, which is higher than its been for some considerable time.

I stand corrected, but it's not 10% that's for sure. Many people have lost their jobs or are managing on reduced earnings so it's still taking the pi** as far as i'm concerned.

#6 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:38 AM

I heard a rumour that clubs are charging for season tickets based on the amount of tries scored in the previous season.

I can understand why Leeds' have gone up.

You can get a season ticket at Odsal next year for £8.26
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#7 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:30 AM

Widnes have frozen their prices for the next two years. The price i pay ( early bird ) is £143, ( £156 after early bird ) to sit in the South Stand ( the Main Stand with the boxes ) parallel with the Try Line.

This means if we get the nod next March, i can watch Super League in 2012 for £156 ( the non early bird price this Season ).

Sounds good to me wink.gif
Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#8 Wendall

Wendall
  • Banned
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:38 AM

Wires have gone up but they put some kind of spin on it like you are saving two extra games!

But I guess thats the price to pay for glamour and success. rolleyes.gif

#9 RP London

RP London
  • Coach
  • 12,678 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE (3owls @ Aug 17 2010, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I stand corrected, but it's not 10% that's for sure. Many people have lost their jobs or are managing on reduced earnings so it's still taking the pi** as far as i'm concerned.

the problem is your looking at it the wrong way.. their prices will be run by their costs not by what people can afford.. if their costs have gone up then their prices have to go up.. that is what drives inflation, the costs to produce the product. for them the product is Rugby. So if energy prices are going up (they will have contracts for 1-2 years prices) plus all other costs then they have to up the price to be able to keep the same margin.

They also have to look at a "best guess" for the numbers they will sell and plan accordingly.. so they may be planning for less people being able to afford it so again it goes up a little more to compensate for this..

prices going up cause inflation as well as inflation causing prices to rise becuase of the above.

#10 RP London

RP London
  • Coach
  • 12,678 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE (3owls @ Aug 17 2010, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the problem is your looking at it the wrong way.. their prices will be run by their costs not by what people can afford.. if their costs have gone up then their prices have to go up.. that is what drives inflation, the costs to produce the product. for them the product is Rugby. So if energy prices are going up (they will have contracts for 1-2 years prices) plus all other costs then they have to up the price to be able to keep the same margin.

They also have to look at a "best guess" for the numbers they will sell and plan accordingly.. so they may be planning for less people being able to afford it so again it goes up a little more to compensate for this..

prices going up cause inflation as well as inflation causing prices to rise becuase of the above.

#11 Wendall

Wendall
  • Banned
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (3owls @ Aug 17 2010, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats not RL clubs fault though. That fault lies with the Tories for putting them on the dole.

RL is still a great value for money sport and compared to roundball we are cheap as chips.

#12 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:58 AM

There is also the forthcoming 2.5% VAT rise to take into account which will have been factored in to the prices for 2011.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#13 The Bobster

The Bobster
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:15 AM

I've took the Saints Five Year season ticket offer at £19.00 per month, which will make my season ticket for Widnes next year and the new stadium £228.00 per season.

Incidentally it mentioned in the Chairmanís page in the Bradford match day programme, it's looking like Saints will sell more season tickets for Widnes next season than they did for KR this season!

Posted Image

#14 bendyas

bendyas
  • Coach
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:36 AM

They're all pretty cheap and cheaper than a phone contract per month.

Toughen up.

#15 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:04 AM

PRICE FREEZE ON ALL SEASONAL PACKAGES
Once again, the Huddersfield Giants have Ďbucked the trendí and FROZEN the price of all 2011 Season Ticket packages. With match day prices increasing there really is no better time to sign up for a Huddersfield Giants Season Ticket.

Contrary to popular believe they aint free and you dont get em free in a crisp packet neither

Down either side is £210 or £170 before Nov 5th

http://www.giantsrl.com/

Saying that Matchday price is up a pound to £21

Edited by Lee, 17 August 2010 - 11:05 AM.

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#16 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Aug 17 2010, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

£7.26 overpriced then

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#17 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:40 PM

The inflation figures came out today and have just been reduced from 3.2% to 3.1%.It also comes down to value for money and Clubs in old,run down grounds,with very basic facilities need to be careful what they charge for standing up,old toilets,poor food etc e.g. Wakefield,Cas and Bradford. Shows the obsolute importance of modern facilities.

#18 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,226 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:57 PM

RU clubs are expensive hobbies you know!

Someone's got to pay for it.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#19 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (The Bobster @ Aug 17 2010, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've took the Saints Five Year season ticket offer at £19.00 per month, which will make my season ticket for Widnes next year and the new stadium £228.00 per season.

Incidentally it mentioned in the Chairmanís page in the Bradford match day programme, it's looking like Saints will sell more season tickets for Widnes next season than they did for KR this season!

I must say on that passing through the turnstyle on Friday, the five year season ticket deal looks amazing value.

Don't forget we announce ours at half-time on Sunday.

#20 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,729 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Aug 17 2010, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can get one or two of our players for that.
biggrin.gif

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users