Season tickets - Price increases

I don't know how many clubs have announced season ticket prices for next year, they have up at headingley and i'd better start getting some extra jobs in. Considering inflation is at an all time low and banks are only paying less than 1% on savings i find it hard to swallow that my season ticket is going up by around 10% for next season. Yes it's the most exciting sport to follow, and yes the players earn every penny, but 10% extra is a lot to cough up in the current economic climate. How much do others pay on here for a comparable seat ? Mine is down the side of the pitch (north stand) in the upper tier and it's costing me

I don't know how many clubs have announced season ticket prices for next year, they have up at headingley and i'd better start getting some extra jobs in. Considering inflation is at an all time low and banks are only paying less than 1% on savings i find it hard to swallow that my season ticket is going up by around 10% for next season. Yes it's the most exciting sport to follow, and yes the players earn every penny, but 10% extra is a lot to cough up in the current economic climate. How much do others pay on here for a comparable seat ? Mine is down the side of the pitch (north stand) in the upper tier and it's costing me

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

No it isn't. Inflation (RPI) is currently around 5%, which is higher than its been for some considerable time.

I stand corrected, but it's not 10% that's for sure. Many people have lost their jobs or are managing on reduced earnings so it's still taking the pi** as far as i'm concerned.

I heard a rumour that clubs are charging for season tickets based on the amount of tries scored in the previous season.

I can understand why Leeds' have gone up.

You can get a season ticket at Odsal next year for

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

I stand corrected, but it's not 10% that's for sure. Many people have lost their jobs or are managing on reduced earnings so it's still taking the pi** as far as i'm concerned.

the problem is your looking at it the wrong way.. their prices will be run by their costs not by what people can afford.. if their costs have gone up then their prices have to go up.. that is what drives inflation, the costs to produce the product. for them the product is Rugby. So if energy prices are going up (they will have contracts for 1-2 years prices) plus all other costs then they have to up the price to be able to keep the same margin.

They also have to look at a "best guess" for the numbers they will sell and plan accordingly.. so they may be planning for less people being able to afford it so again it goes up a little more to compensate for this..

prices going up cause inflation as well as inflation causing prices to rise becuase of the above.

the problem is your looking at it the wrong way.. their prices will be run by their costs not by what people can afford.. if their costs have gone up then their prices have to go up.. that is what drives inflation, the costs to produce the product. for them the product is Rugby. So if energy prices are going up (they will have contracts for 1-2 years prices) plus all other costs then they have to up the price to be able to keep the same margin.

They also have to look at a "best guess" for the numbers they will sell and plan accordingly.. so they may be planning for less people being able to afford it so again it goes up a little more to compensate for this..

prices going up cause inflation as well as inflation causing prices to rise becuase of the above.

Thats not RL clubs fault though. That fault lies with the Tories for putting them on the dole.

RL is still a great value for money sport and compared to roundball we are cheap as chips.

PRICE FREEZE ON ALL SEASONAL PACKAGES

Once again, the Huddersfield Giants have

Edited by Lee

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

You can get a season ticket at Odsal next year for

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

The inflation figures came out today and have just been reduced from 3.2% to 3.1%.It also comes down to value for money and Clubs in old,run down grounds,with very basic facilities need to be careful what they charge for standing up,old toilets,poor food etc e.g. Wakefield,Cas and Bradford. Shows the obsolute importance of modern facilities.

RU clubs are expensive hobbies you know!

Someone's got to pay for it.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Prices will reflect energy price rises too. Those who play on Friday evenings will have to pay more for the floodlights usage rather than is they played on Sunday afternoons.

It would certainly make better sense in the current climate for clubs to keep prices down so not to deter fans from turning up. Anything more than

[center][url="http://www.twitter.com/HerbertSplatt"]Herbert Splatt's Twitter Feed[/url][/center]

Anything more than