Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Ellery Hanley

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 humpy

humpy
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE (shrek @ Sep 14 2010, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Clearly he's cheered up in his old age now his work doesn't bring him to Wigan several days a week!

With regards to his attendance at Hull, he may have gone down the player agent root, he was always rumoured to have a good head for business, would love to see him back coaching again though, we don't do enough as a sport to hold on to our "legends".

Your last comment is spot on, we dont do enough to hang onto the our legends, I live in Australia and have done for the past 20 months, I've noticed that a lot of former players are actively involved in various aspects of the game right from grass roots level. I know in Queensland it is the favourite sport but more should be done to keep the guys involved

#22 adelwire

adelwire
  • Coach
  • 905 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:51 PM

Mine is a David Lloyd experience as well. Looked good when teaching squash! Absolutely awesome on the cross trainer in front of me. He was cruel, so cruel to the poor machine!!! Devastating.

#23 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 738 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Sep 14 2010, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whem I was at Leeds Poly he pulled up at the side of the road to give my then mrs his phone number. A few days later we were p*ssed and left messages on his answer machine widhing him lucka gainst the Aussies!

She turned him down for me by the way. biggrin.gif

You were to kind to him. I would have left messages wanting to know what the hell he was doing chasing my missus! laugh.gif
2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users