• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 humpy

humpy
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE (shrek @ Sep 14 2010, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Clearly he's cheered up in his old age now his work doesn't bring him to Wigan several days a week!

With regards to his attendance at Hull, he may have gone down the player agent root, he was always rumoured to have a good head for business, would love to see him back coaching again though, we don't do enough as a sport to hold on to our "legends".

Your last comment is spot on, we dont do enough to hang onto the our legends, I live in Australia and have done for the past 20 months, I've noticed that a lot of former players are actively involved in various aspects of the game right from grass roots level. I know in Queensland it is the favourite sport but more should be done to keep the guys involved

#22 adelwire

adelwire
  • Coach
  • 905 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:51 PM

Mine is a David Lloyd experience as well. Looked good when teaching squash! Absolutely awesome on the cross trainer in front of me. He was cruel, so cruel to the poor machine!!! Devastating.

#23 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Sep 14 2010, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whem I was at Leeds Poly he pulled up at the side of the road to give my then mrs his phone number. A few days later we were p*ssed and left messages on his answer machine widhing him lucka gainst the Aussies!

She turned him down for me by the way. biggrin.gif

You were to kind to him. I would have left messages wanting to know what the hell he was doing chasing my missus! laugh.gif
2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users