Match Thread. Halifax v Featherstone Rovers Monday 26th December 2016

marklaspalmas

A crowd of say 1,200 paying a tenner each wouldn't make Fax a penny?

It depends which way you look at it. 12K is still 12k extra than what we had, take off Fev's expenses and staffing and stadium costs probably leaves very little left. I wouldnt expect there to be 12K in gate receipts though.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Fev had Cas in a friendly at home I think we would make some decent money with a half decent crowd.I thought we were going to play them?

You can blame Steve Gill for it not happening this year

MC is not impressed with him or the "new regime" down there

I dont think anyone can ignore the pulling power and money involved with a Fev Cas friendly.It tends to draw people in and in all honesty no matter what you say about "stuff Cas "and "I agree with that" this unlikely fixture would possibly bring in more revenue in this one game than most of our home friendlies put together.

I dont think anyone can ignore the pulling power and money involved with a Fev Cas friendly.It tends to draw people in and in all honesty no matter what you say about "stuff Cas "and "I agree with that" this unlikely fixture would possibly bring in more revenue in this one game than most of our home friendlies put together.

I doubt that, but even so, but they don't want to know, so stuff 'em.

We've got Wakey and Leeds and they should get good crowds.

Two of the Fev Lions trialists, Hardcastle and Kitchen were both outstanding, but with Tangata and Cahalane not playing for Fax, Bostock and Moore simply "Bozzed" things up front. They will struggle without more strength in depth. Perhaps it will come from Salford?

With regard to Fev's D/R arrangement with Rhinos', Jon Sharp commented after the game that no Fev player would lose their place if they continue to perform to the expected standard.

I doubt fitness came in to it to be honest given how much game time everyone got. Men against boys in the 2nd half literally speaking.

didnt go so not sure about the starting line up, looks like a few trialists got a start and we got a foothold in the game after 60 minutes, just looked like fitness showed last half an hour following scores on twitter.

didnt go so not sure about the starting line up, looks like a few trialists got a start and we got a foothold in the game after 60 minutes, just looked like fitness showed last half an hour following scores on twitter.

I can only think of 2 players on the pitch for us until 5 minutes to go in the 2nd half that had played first team, Connor Robinson and Brandon Moore, and neither of those could be classed as first choice. It wasnt until 5 minutes to go that 2 or 3 of our first teamers had another run out to blow off some more cobwebs. Reading anything in to that 2nd half where it was men against boys would be pointless especially given neither team will even slightly resemble those line ups come the first game. As Steve says, Fax especially can not afford to have so many players out(I think it was 7 or 8 actual main stays of the team) and expect to compete and if we do pick up injuries we had better hope we can get some quality from Salford because most of our young lads are a year off yet IMO.

On that note our young scrum half Morgan Punchard who Hull tried to poach looked very good in the first half when we had some of our more experienced pack members on and we were competing and Im sure for you guys you were impressed with Richard Moore who ripped us to bits as I would expect him to do. He will go well for you.

Edit: I think Grady did 2 spells in that 2nd half and would expect him to play every week for us.(That must put our average age in the 2nd half up to about 17 :tongue: )

Fax will be tougher than that come February. These games have no bearing of what's to come. They had plenty of experience missing and Fev tried out some trialists.We should have won the league by a country mile under Bastian after our friendlies that season.

Archived