Who will sign this wrecking ball?

I know I shouldn't laugh, but its always funny to see the big kids playing the smaller kids. As long as there is no harm done I suppose.

When I was in under 13s we had a kid who was 110 Kgs just came over from soccer. If you watch "the biggest loser" TV show you would have seen Nathan on it. He was as fast as any of the backs and would score about 5 tries on average every game. Of course as he got older his knees couldn't stand the strain of all that weight going at such speed and I hear he didn't get through the teenage years before having to retire from the game for good. If I could go back in time Id insist he did all his off field fitness training in the pool instead of long distance runs to try and get some more years out of those tree trunk legs of his.

Tony Banham even down to the handoff!

I love the try where the blue no4 tracks him the length of the pitch but chooses to "let" him have his glory. If only I was a yard faster he said to himself!

13 minutes ago, chuffer said:

as our coaches would tell us, "he can't run without his legs" .....loads of opportunities for ankle taps too there, poor D all round 

Think they damn brave for trying.

Not surprised it was used to push union - have you seen the forwards in the England team - same body types - bash and barge

Seriously - he should not be in an age group team - he should be allowed to play on a team that would challenge him and not damage the aspirations of his team mates or the opposition - ridiculous state of affairs and smacks of a coach who wants to win more than develop a team - and there is also the health and welfare issue noted above - hopefully that kid was given some support to develop his athleticism and not his appetite!

I coached kids at a similar age and where I had a player that could play at an older age group I let them go - no point wasting their talent and stunting their development

What used to fascinate me was the number of females at U12 that could have tackled that big kid off the field - absolutely fearless - then they are lost to the game as there was never anywhere for them to go after that age group

Thankfully that seems to be changing

I would question the coach though for the footage above - the comment about engagement is so true - kids leave soon after, winning is great but if you don't get to play a bit its rubbish and you cannot pull the wool over their eyes for too long - they soon catch on

16 minutes ago, chuffer said:

I was under the impression that the aussies grouped kids by weight rather than age anyway?.....or is that the kiwis?...

It doesn't happen in Canberra where that match occurred.

How did a highlight from the upcoming Toronto/Barrow tilt get out early with MoiMoi running through the Barrow pack like that...isn't there  a copyright?  How did the clip get out before the game is played Saturday?

Must be related to the mix up in time zones type of thing?

"Run wit the Pack!"

3 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

How did a highlight from the upcoming Toronto/Barrow tilt get out early with MoiMoi running through the Barrow pack like that...isn't there  a copyright?  How did the clip get out before the game is played Saturday?

Must be related to the mix up in time zones type of thing?

"Run wit the Pack!"

Ha ha!

In Canberra we actually get NRL players attend junior games. Some of their kids play.

Archived