• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Manx RL said:

Robert Maxwell took an even better pension from it. 

I worked in finance for the Mirror and after Captain Bob died his wife Betty had the cheek to try to claim her widow s pension!!

58 minutes ago, wasginger said:

John M you say it's the paper of the ordinary man, well it certainly doesn't speak for me, and as for Murdoch saving the paper and jobs , you're a buffoon, I suggest you look at his track record of unemployment and twisting the truth, and don't forget this was the same rag who reported Herr Thatcher calling the miners the enemy within, and glorified in distorting it's reporting of the strike. 

It would be handy if you were to remove the offensive use of the word buffoon.

Of course, a fuller discussion has already taken place on AOB where your posts and mine on the Sun rightly rightly belong.

I posted a link to the circulation and reach figures and readership demographic. Did you read the stats it and if so,  what do you think of them? 

You might not like it's politics, you might not llike  the content, but millions of others do so enough to buy a copy. It's a shame that Liverpool FC are acting this way, denying our game proper coverage. I assume you support free speech and freedom of expression. If not, just say.

There was a fulsome apology from the Sun . I posted the link to that. Did you read it? In fact have you read anything related to the whole issues,  including the witness statements of the rank and file police on duty on the day? Thought not.

Of course, a bit of thought on the part of the Sun etc might have avoided us losing the opportunity to put the Magic Weekend in front of millions of potential fans. 

50 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

The sun sells about 1.3m copies a day. The BBC website gets about 9m a day  

The Sun website gets 5.4 million visitors per day. To be fair, you'd have to add that to the 1.3m paper copies to make it a proper comparison.

• The Sun 6.7m
  • BBC 9m

I'm a BBC website kinda guy myself, but lets compare like with like...

John M are you for real offensive word BUFFOON. Get a grip man. As for your other points don't give a stuff. The rag has an history of betraying the so-called readers it purports to reach. I can't help but refer you to you questioning the word buffoon, on a Rugby League forum, I'm sat shaking my head.Pathetic.

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

It would be handy if you were to remove the offensive use of the word buffoon.

Of course, a fuller discussion has already taken place on AOB where your posts and mine on the Sun rightly rightly belong.

I posted a link to the circulation and reach figures and readership demographic. Did you read the stats it and if so,  what do you think of them? 

You might not like it's politics, you might not llike  the content, but millions of others do so enough to buy a copy. It's a shame that Liverpool FC are acting this way, denying our game proper coverage. I assume you support free speech and freedom of expression. If not, just say.

There was a fulsome apology from the Sun . I posted the link to that. Did you read it? In fact have you read anything related to the whole issues,  including the witness statements of the rank and file police on duty on the day? Thought not.

Of course, a bit of thought on the part of the Sun etc might have avoided us losing the opportunity to put the Magic Weekend in front of millions of potential fans. 

Oh look, John M's eyes lit up and saw someone else to play with. Troll.

12 minutes ago, wasginger said:

John M are you for real offensive word BUFFOON. Get a grip man. As for your other points don't give a stuff. The rag has an history of betraying the so-called readers it purports to reach. I can't help but refer you to you questioning the word buffoon, on a Rugby League forum, I'm sat shaking my head.Pathetic.

Don't shake  your head too hard.  The weight of your ignorance may cause it to detach. 

Is it the dismal weather we're having ? Every thread is turning a wee bit er  nasty.

Now our footprint is smaller because the Sun has sacked it's RL reporter. The fact that it had only one was bad enough.

But that sacking does mean

image.png.fa7c906d3568c4571a6a484342cf19ed.png

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

I'm not going to read through the full thread as it looks likely got nasty....but my two-Pennth

1. I absolutely support LFC's stance on the s*n

2. For the S*n to take that out on RL just goes to show what utter scumbags they are..especially how the RL community rallied round Gary & Gemma after Gary's attack..

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

1 minute ago, lucky 7 said:

Putting aside the politics of it all for a minute i would presume that the RFL are having talks with The Sun to get Results and match reports back in The Sun.

You would hope so 

4 hours ago, Oxford said:

Is it the dismal weather we're having ? Every thread is turning a wee bit er  nasty.

Indeed.

There's no need for it either.

Just be civil, everyone, it's not difficult.

Locking this now.

Archived