elliot miller?

troutmaster

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think some are being a bit harsh on ell, yeah we stood by him when he was injured, and I'm 100% positive the lad will be forever grateful for that. If it's a money thing (no one knows) then somebody who's had 2 really bad injuries over the last few years will want to make as much as he can incase another one happens. None of us know what the truth is, but one things for sure, as a club I hope we've done everything we can to persuade him to stay, and no one from the club should be posting anything on social media until something is certain. If there was a deadline I'm sure that could be extended for 1 player who is yet to decide. I haven't read anywhere that Alex or sammut have decided on there futures so are we going to see similar posts about them 2 on twitter. If all the posts on Twitter are true and not a wind up then it's been dealt with extremely badly from the club.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Plenty of people here and at Haven claim to be in the know but the fact is the only people who know what happens in negotiations are those involved. If there is a deadline then surely that should apply to all players irrespective or who they are. If there are others that have not made their mind up then it is totally unprofessional for your Vice Chairman to use social media to single out one person alone. Whatever the lad does good luck to him, very impressed by him in our last visit to you.

I think some are being a bit harsh on ell, yeah we stood by him when he was injured, and I'm 100% positive the lad will be forever grateful for that. If it's a money thing (no one knows) then somebody who's had 2 really bad injuries over the last few years will want to make as much as he can incase another one happens. None of us know what the truth is, but one things for sure, as a club I hope we've done everything we can to persuade him to stay, and no one from the club should be posting anything on social media until something is certain. If there was a deadline I'm sure that could be extended for 1 player who is yet to decide. I haven't read anywhere that Alex or sammut have decided on there futures so are we going to see similar posts about them 2 on twitter. If all the posts on Twitter are true and not a wind up then it's been dealt with extremely badly from the club.

It was extended for Elliot last year so this would be two years in a row. All we can do now is sit and wait. The main thing is that we should all respect the decision he makes and not have a go at him on social media forums etc. Id love him to stay but feel confident Phil and the board would get an ample replacement

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

And would have been scouting for such for a fair while ... And I'm in no doubt that very soon after any decision was made that gratitude would come through after the emotions subsided . Totally natural , and after all you don't feel like that toward someone you don't massively rate or want!!

Short career so can understand needing to maximise his income but the lack of loyalty sticks in the throat a bit particularly when the club stood by him while he was injured.

but we don't know if he has left yet.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

I can remember some time ago PV saying he wants the squad cemented for next year pretty early. And if ell has had plenty of time to consider towns offer, and not playing ball; the club have a fair point on calling negotiations to a halt. However the manner it has been released to us guys is very amateurish.

this talk about Miller as signed for haven as been going on for weeks  well he as not signed for anyone yet beleave me,as i said on another post lets hope that the bod and eliott can get together and sort it out,think we would all like to see Eliott in the town shirt next season? 

Last season when he re-signed he said he had been with Town for 5 years so the answer now is 6 years.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/town/workington-town-s-flying-winger-miller-signs-new-contract-1.1156802

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Last season when he re-signed he said he had been with Town for 5 years so the answer now is 6 years.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/town/workington-town-s-flying-winger-miller-signs-new-contract-1.1156802

Thanks Keith,

So lets say we offer him a new 2 year deal he will then have 8 years under his belt, another 2 and he's a one man club testimonial  -decent money to be made.

So why would you risk going to a club who will be bringing in many new players, Will he get on with them etc? So yes they may offer him more money now but with a testimonial potential is it worth it?

I think if he has been given a deadline and that has passed the club can only assume he has made other arrangements. 

I want Elliot to stay as much as the next man but 2 years stalling on the trot?

Other option to sign for a club with a rookie coach, hardly any players signed on well "no brainer" comes to mind.

I think he's holding out for money and I think the board are right to call his bluff (assuming the agreed deadline has passed).

Always have been always will be the pride of West Cumbria!

Weird conversations on Twitter aren't there ? Who knows what to make of it all .That statement from fryer started a reaction ? I stick to waiting for rumours to become news or you'll go round in endless circles . Either way some sort of definitive news either way is due asap you'd hope ? On we continue ... Or moving on with someone else . Hopefully soon

Archived