Today

elppaxr2i

Well done Fev - better in every department today - the forwards made more yards, turned and offlaoded in the tackle many more times than we did, and your halves guided the team round the pitch expertly. Although we werent very sharp on attack today your defence was excellent.

We expected alot more from our team after the pre-season and NRC, and in all honesty we were rubbish today (hopefully cant play as badly again - slow, cumbersome, totally lacking that 'edge'), but that doesnt take anything away from you guys...who look a very good bet to finish high up the table, especially when the PNG lads settle in and start playing.

As for the ref - woeful - BUT FOR BOTH SIDES. Not sure what the penalty count was but if we'd have had 5/6 more it still wouldnt have made a blind bit of difference. The standard of refereeing at the moment is ###### full stop - but in all honesty we cant blame the man in the middle for losing by 26 points and being completely outplayed.

Hopefully, we'll give you a much better game at Mount Pleasant (and get revenge ;), but well done today and good luck for the rest of the season.

including that effective signing that played in yellow. absolute toilet.

never been to POR and witnessed a bad game. That changed this afternoon.

cant wait for the return fixture.

:lol:

Sod Off, this is Robert Hicks were talking about, will never give owt Fev's way.

Cummins Out.

We were stood right at the point where Ross put the ball down, unlike the Catalan game 2 years ago, the ball this time was grounded 6 inches short, definately no try.

Well I had a side on view from the railway end terrace and he appeared very briefly to ground the ball on the line. However, I'll not argue about it - but I was not alone in this opinion.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Great performance by all 17 and I have to admit I was unsure of darryl's selection. But fair play to him he got the boys fired up and they tackled like demons. What a joy to see the ball spread from one wing to get a try in the opposite corner. What an offload in the 2nd half by Mike Coady!!! Well played lads!!!

Great performance by all 17 and I have to admit I was unsure of darryl's selection. But fair play to him he got the boys fired up and they tackled like demons. What a joy to see the ball spread from one wing to get a try in the opposite corner. What an offload in the 2nd half by Mike Coady!!! Well played lads!!!

Wondered if anyone else would give praise for this pass. How he got that ball away was unbelievable. As Paul says, lets give credit where credit is due, a great display by everyone concerned. Lets look forward to this continuing and improving as the season progresses.

Great display today good attack and awesome defence,strange decisions from the ref for both sides.

"League is much, much more physical than Union, and that's before anyone starts breaking the rules."

Adrian Hadley (1988)

Another expected poor display from the referee, its just a shame his assistants dont help him out at all. Surely the word assistant means they do SOMETHING. Should be upto them to see the forward passes, at least they could stand in the correct place so they can see the defensive and attacking line. Last 2games they have been out of positon several times. At least we didnt have Silverwood today, wot a mare he had at Elland Road, had me frustrated and even my wife. Appalling

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

Good performance today. Strong on defence, especially wide out which has been our weakness over the last couple of seasons. And encouraging options for directing play with Kain/Finn/Lee.

On another matter, can anyone explain whether we are still applying the "forward pass" rule in open play or not. Based on recent games and the number of forward passes ignored I'd assumed not, but bizzarely Rovers were pulled up for one such offence mid-way through today's second half. Anyone got any clues as to what rules we are applying ?

Good performance today. Strong on defence, especially wide out which has been our weakness over the last couple of seasons. And encouraging options for directing play with Kain/Finn/Lee.

On another matter, can anyone explain whether we are still applying the "forward pass" rule in open play or not. Based on recent games and the number of forward passes ignored I'd assumed not, but bizzarely Rovers were pulled up for one such offence mid-way through today's second half. Anyone got any clues as to what rules we are applying ?

What I have noticed now is that the odd one is given but it is never when a team are deep in their own half. They only seem to be given now against a team in an advanced position a la Batley just before half time yesterday and For us against Rochdale the other day.

Whilst we are on about noticing stuff I can't believe what I have just seen over the last two weeks on TV, I would like some feedback on the following if poss; I'm not really an expert on Super League games but I have watched the odd few over the last 2 years, I recently watched 3 games on Sky that have featured how near neighbours. I couldn't believe the role of one of their players who I won't name but would be obvious to anyone watching. All he seems to do when his side is in possession is amble to the dummy half position and very gently pass the ball to the first reciever, It seems a role that anyone in an amateur league coud fulfill. Am I missing something? His he a phenomenal tackler or something ? because that didn't seem apparent either, could anyone who is au fait with the modern game comment please?

Just one question if I may, Where is Rarefrith to congratulate the winning team ? Also does he/she still believe the team is going to be in a relegation fight ?

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

Just one question if I may, Where is Rarefrith to congratulate the winning team ? Also does he/she still believe the team is going to be in a relegation fight ?

He's about four posts up Bob having done a complete turnaround.....bless him...OR HER

God display by the lads, was particularly pleased to see us have plenty of attacking ideas. Our defence was well up for the job when Batley threw everything at us just after half time. Only moan i had was, HANDFORTH - SHUT YA GOB!

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

God display by the lads, was particularly pleased to see us have plenty of attacking ideas. Our defence was well up for the job when Batley threw everything at us just after half time. Only moan i had was, HANDFORTH - SHUT YA GOB!

:D

"League is much, much more physical than Union, and that's before anyone starts breaking the rules."

Adrian Hadley (1988)

Good to read this thread and I'm glad to see we've played well in the games I couldn't get to.

I know world domination is still a long way away other than on planet suggy, but:- relegation my @rse!!!!!

It will never cease to amaze me how quickly the panick button can be pressed!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Good to read this thread and I'm glad to see we've played well in the games I couldn't get to.

I know world domination is still a long way away other than on planet suggy, but:- relegation my @rse!!!!!

It will never cease to amaze me how quickly the panick button can be pressed!

ow no the Ginger fags back, get ready for reading a load of shiiiiiiiiiite

Edited by LOWFIELD

It'll take more than a short bouncey object with the all the appeal and intellect of a wart to make me say ouch Phil!!!

But it is nice to see that after a slowish start, (teams get used to each other at different speeds), we're getting it together. Onwards and upwards eh! I read the thread after the Leigh game and was astonished to read ome of the comments. Talk about knee jerk reactions. Can't wait now for the next league game now.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

After being critical and rightly so in my view, of the performance at Leigh, I just wanted to balance up the situation after Sundays game.

Great attack

Great defence

Great to watch

Great value

Great result

All the very best on Thursday & will be there on Sunday

Well done to all

Spanish Apartment for Holiday Rental in Spain Visit www.ownersdirect.co.uk

Ref: S8185

Mobile 07738 528178

The last few weeks I have posting our fixtures and results on Facebook. All your friends see the resiults and have been surprised at positive comments at work who are mostly cas n wakey supporters, deep down we all love the game and enjoy success.

Try putting the fixtures on also so every friend gets to know when the games are on. I also tried to encourage them to attend the games and told them the admission prices.

My first new supporter from facebook is bringing her husband and son this sunday.

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers