The Photography Thread

HPR - you could always crop those images tighter. The action is there, especially in the lower one!

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

The only time I self-censor is when there are police in the shot. That said, I've taken a couple of City Police on horseback patrol without any problems. Building security guards are known to cause problems even if you're taking pics from public land.

Anyway ...

A slice of old England ... the last hatter of Jermyn Street ...

2789380182_513471f324.jpg

And from new England ... carnival comes to Southbank Centre

2789383080_d7383af0b0.jpg

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Ok... be gentle.

This is one of my first pictures that I've chosen to show people :blush:

A little bit of post processing goes a long way of course...

2799335226_6a96bcc463_b.jpg

Vince Lombardi

"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up."

"Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is."

Copa @ May 8 2005

Rugby League: Complex game, simple rules.

Rugby Union: Complex Rules, simple game.

Lets get Folding...

http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py...e&teamnum=43780

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/tea....php?s=&t=43780

I like it. The car is nice and sharp and I assume you've got the result you wanted with the post-processing in terms of colour & black n white.

The only downside - very minor - is that I'd prefer it if the car was larger within the frame.

I like it. The car is nice and sharp and I assume you've got the result you wanted with the post-processing in terms of colour & black n white.

The only downside - very minor - is that I'd prefer it if the car was larger within the frame.

Thanks. I was initially after a panning shot and a trip to Santa Pod the other weekend was as good an opportunity as any I was going to get.

The colours of the car have only had the saturation played with a bit. In the colour shot though, as the car is primarily grey on a grey road and with a lot of colour in the background, it was looking a bit cluttered/lost so I tried the black n white approach.

I'd already decided that I need a longer zoom, this was just the kit lens at a full 55m, but I suppose I could have run a tighter crop as there's a lot of wasted space at the bottom... hmmm, when do you know you've finished :happy:

Edited by Kickin Back

Vince Lombardi

Copa @ May 8 2005

Lets get Folding...

Ok... be gentle.

This is one of my first pictures that I've chosen to show people :blush:

A little bit of post processing goes a long way of course...

Th picture is 'middley', I would prefer to have it cropped with more space in front of the car than behind, gives the car space to move into and drop it lower onto one of the thirds. Great capture though.

Here's a quick crop to show what I mean (hope you don't mind)

SPCropped.jpg

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Th picture is 'middley', I would prefer to have it cropped with more space in front of the car than behind, gives the car space to move into and drop it lower onto one of the thirds. Great capture though.

Here's a quick crop to show what I mean (hope you don't mind)

SPCropped.jpg

Cheers Ed, I don't mind at all, I'm still very new to this. I was concious of the middley aspect, but I was a bit unsure whether to crop that way or not, given that there is not a great amount of detail in the rest of the picture ... plus I was getting a little bit too into it (i.e. it was past 1am on a school night ;))

I was a little concious of cropping too much as this is effectively a digital zoom and you can start losing the quality

That crop looks very good it's fascinating how little things make a big difference.

Vince Lombardi

Copa @ May 8 2005

Lets get Folding...

My new Sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5 has just arrived today, can't wait to have a play with it!! :) !!!

Whitehaven RLFC - Still in NL1, I blame Leroy Joe

Candlestick Chimney

Lord Oftheflies, Order of the Knights on the Town, (for services smoke removal devices in the architectural landscape of the North Country)

All Hail King Gerremonside I

Took the camera to the Cup Final ... and was amazed to find being three rows from the pitch I was able to use it. Not the best pics ever but I had fun ...

2811276271_00d42b0ff1.jpg

2811272341_c027f6450a.jpg

2811275507_38fa3a525e.jpg

Full set

How did you sneak your camera in? :blink:

Whitehaven RLFC - Still in NL1, I blame Leroy Joe

Candlestick Chimney

Lord Oftheflies, Order of the Knights on the Town, (for services smoke removal devices in the architectural landscape of the North Country)

All Hail King Gerremonside I

How did you sneak your camera in? :blink:

I showed it to the bag checker and the stewards. No sneaking from me!

Have you got colour versions ginge? From the telly pictures, Wembley looked great in the sunshine yesterday. The B&W makes it look a bit... depressing.

As I was shooting from shadow into light n shadow and not spending too much time on camera settings (I was there to watch the match after all) the colour ones have come back really contrasty and don't look that good at all. If I get chance later I'll have a look at what can be done.

Great timing, great hit :ph34r:

Vince Lombardi

Copa @ May 8 2005

Lets get Folding...

Took the camera to the Cup Final ... and was amazed to find being three rows from the pitch I was able to use it. Not the best pics ever but I had fun ...

2811276271_00d42b0ff1.jpg

2811272341_c027f6450a.jpg

2811275507_38fa3a525e.jpg

Full set

took mine: dropped it and smashed it-Nikon D80, had it a couple of weeks.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Insured?

yes

the thing is though I've had bad luck with this camera, which is a brilliant piece of kit by the way.

there was a delay in recieving it from Amazon, when it came the lens was faulty, and it took ages to get a replacement.

Sometimes you wonder if these things are meant to be.

Keeping it local

To say smashing a D80 is the best thing for it would be a terribly cruel thing to say, so won't say that.

what's the beef with it then ECT?

Keeping it local